windows security - always trust software from "" checkbox

kiboost

Hi,

I'm coding an installer for a software that require some drivers installation. All goes fine apart a window popup when installing drivers : Windows Security. Name/Publisher, that does contains a checkbox "always trust software from "xxx" and install button.

I can't get how to check this checkbox. autoitinfo doesn't see it.

This software install six drivers so I would really need to check this box. Anyone having an idea how to ? I've tried with uispy utility but it doesn't see it either.

Or, is there a way to load a registry hack that pre-register this checkbox, authorizing this software editor drivers ?

UAC is off and installer is run in administrator account.

Thanks

Kib

PS : my windows is french (win7x64), so do the screen.

post-58617-0-01535800-1323878428_thumb.j

Edited by kiboost

Win7 pro x64. scripts compiled to x64. - Autoit v3.3.6.1 | Scite 1.79

• Moderators

kiboost,

I would be quite concerned if AutoIt could automate a Windows Security dialog - it would make a bit of a nonsense of the "Security" label, n'est-ce pas? :D

And even if hacks do exist to pre-check the checkbox (I have no idea if this is the case), we do not want to discuss that here. :)

Sorry to sound so negative - perhaps someone else will be able to offer more help. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

arg, maybe I don't see why this could be dangerous. In my case, it is to install i1profiler software which install drivers for eye-one monitor profilers.

Really boring to be regulary blocked by microsoft from doing what we want on our machines !

So, really no way to automate driver installation ? Even in administrator ??

I've found this :

http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Micro...Installation-in-Vista-and-Wind

it basically says to save a certificate on a machine where you checked the box, and copy it on another machine. But doesn't work for me :/ There is a X-Rite certificate there but which has expired in december 2010 so not sure it is the good one (I installed an xrite dtp94 profiler in late 2010 !) and can't find another one X-Rite certificate :/

Edited by kiboost

ok, I installed manually the software on a virtual machine, checked this box, and I the X-Rite certificate is the one it create when checking the box. but indeed it expires 03/12/2010 and is noted "expired" !! hmmmm

imported the certificat on another machine and it prompt security window anyway. and when hitting trust, it create a second X-Rite certificat that does expire at same date, seems exact same certificat, same name etc !! wtf !!

ok, here is the solution :

http://www.migee.com/2010/09/24/solution-for-unattendedsilent-installs-and-would-you-like-to-install-this-device-software/

Even with the expired certificate, it works. before I tested with manually importing the cer, seems using the certutil solved that :

certutil -addstore "TrustedPublisher" X-Rite.cer

• Moderators

I have done this in the past, for an application that I wrote that included a virtualized print driver. In a network setting, you can apply a Group Policy to "silently succeed" on unsigned driver installs. Not sure if there is a registry equivelant for non-domain PCs

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!