PixelSearch function in _IE

tiosha

• Moderators

Hi, Tiosha. Maybe if you clarify what you are trying to do inside the IE page, or post what you have thus far, we can better assist you. As somdcomputerguy suggested, you could try using the WinSetOnTop() function to keep your IE page in the foreground, but it would be easier if you could step us through what you're trying to accomplish.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

#include <IE.au3>
#Include <Misc.au3>
Global $Paused
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")
$i=0
_Singleton("myscript")
MsgBox(0, "Starting", "Starting, to exit press ESC at any time. Press OK to continue.")
$oIE = _IECreate ("http://mywebsite")
Do
PixelSearch( 0, 0, 1000, 1000,0xA91A1C )
  If Not @error then
  $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection ($oIE, 0)
  $oQuery = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "mytextbox")
  $oSubmit = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "submit")
  _IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery, "mytext")
  _IEAction($oSubmit, "click")
Sleep(5000)
  Endif

If @error then
  $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection ($oIE, 0)
  $oQuery = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "mytextbox")
  $oSubmit = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "submit")
  _IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery, "mytext")
  _IEAction($oSubmit, "click")
Sleep(5000)
  Endif

$i=$i
Until $i=10
Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

What do I need:

• Is there any way of removing the sleep(5000) fuction? (if it is not there the _IEAction will keep clicking very fast the button and flooding the page)
  • How to make the IE page "always on top"
  • Replace the PixelSearch( 0, 0, 1000, 1000,0xA91A1C ) function with a funcion that "pixelsearches" the IE Window while it is minimized
Its all for now

Any help?

• Moderators

keep clicking very fast the button and flooding the page

Dare I ask why you're wanting to flood a webpage with submissions?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

You've already been told what to try for the On Top question, you can't pixelsearch a window if it's not visible, you'll need another function to accomplish whatever it is that you're looking for, and without any information what that might be I have no idea how to accomplish it. I'd suggest looking at the help file for the _IE functions to see if there's a button or whatever you're looking for to click.

I'd start with reading the help file on whatever it is you're trying to do, write some code that you haven't already posted several times in other threads, stick to one thread, and try and figure out something for yourself.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator