Mouse Coordinates needs to be changed in different computers.

Ram

Why should I keep changing the coordinates of the mouse always according to the computer's resolution.

Is there anything that can be fixed mouse coordinates for a particular window on any computer's resolution?

I was looking at the coords in the help and also in Windows Info - Clicked on options Coord mode: It shows Screen, Window, Client. - I clicked all the three I get the same mouse values. I was just wondering - does it make a difference?

Sets the way coords are used in the mouse functions, either absolute coords or coords relative to the current active window:

0 = relative coords to the active window

1 = absolute screen coordinates (default)

2 = relative coords to the client area of the active window

Or is it possible to have the script run on all the computer perfectly with same mouse coordinates - rather than just one computer?

I was looking at the coords in the help and also in Windows Info - Clicked on options Coord mode: It shows Screen, Window, Client. - I clicked all the three I get the same mouse values. I was just wondering - does it make a difference?

The coords shown wont change when a different coord mode is chosen. The 'finder tool' will have to be dragged to the location in question each time a different option is chosen.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

The coords shown wont change when a different coord mode is chosen. The 'finder tool' will have to be dragged to the location in question each time a different option is chosen.

Oh ok. I will check on finder tool. So what is the mode that I need to choose to make the mouse coordinates work on every computer?

If the different computers have different resolutions, then naturally the mouse coords will be different. Try using WinGetClientSize, then scale the coordinates by what that function returns compared to the size of your original window or desktop.

Of course, whenever possible it's best to ControlClick and related commands wherever possible, unless it's absolutely necessary to click somewhere there's no control (like a graphics area).

If the different computers have different resolutions, then naturally the mouse coords will be different. Try using WinGetClientSize, then scale the coordinates by what that function returns compared to the size of your original window or desktop.

Of course, whenever possible it's best to ControlClick and related commands wherever possible, unless it's absolutely necessary to click somewhere there's no control (like a graphics area).

Hmm.. I have no other go than use the mouse clicks as the windows info is not able to get to control info.

So what does this:

Sets the way coords are used in the mouse functions, either absolute coords or coords relative to the current active window:

0 = relative coords to the active window

1 = absolute screen coordinates (default)

2 = relative coords to the client area of the active window

So all the three are the same?