How To Minimize ALL Windows?

Hey, I'm just wondering if there is a code to minimize all the windows that are open, na d not just one active one. If there is, what is it?

Thanks

P.S. Actually to add to that, is there a code to also not let anything pop back up into activity (such as a popup, Microsoft Antispyware popup, etc)?

Edited by meamrussian

• Developers

Hey, I'm just wondering if there is a code to minimize all the windows that are open, na d not just one active one. If there is, what is it?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WinMinimizeAll() ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Oops, I forgot about that one lol. Thanks. What about my second question?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no really ... you will have to monitor that and close/minimise them yourself.. Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

no really ... you will have to monitor that and close/minimise them yourself..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

??? No, I wouldn't have to minimize them myself, the code does it. But I'm sure theres a code to stop something from poping up; if theres a BlockInput code, then theres probably some kind of blockpopup code lol

• Developers

??? No, I wouldn't have to minimize them myself, the code does it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But I'm sure theres a code to stop something from poping up; if theres a BlockInput code, then theres probably some kind of blockpopup code lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you have to code that logic into your script.....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

??? No, I wouldn't have to minimize them myself, the code does it. But I'm sure theres a code to stop something from poping up; if theres a BlockInput code, then theres probably some kind of blockpopup code lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you're just trying to make sure no window's come up... you could just loop that function...so it keeps minimizing everything... if what you want to do is stop any new processes from being created.... that is a diff issue

if you're just trying to make sure no window's come up... you could just loop that function...so it keeps minimizing everything... if what you want to do is stop any new processes from being created.... that is a diff issue

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ya, I'm trying to stop any new processes from being created. But it's alright if there isn't a code for this; it's not that important.

Ya, I'm trying to stop any new processes from being created. But it's alright if there isn't a code for this; it's not that important.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

one thing you could do is a different loop, have it read the process id's into an array at the time that it minimizes. then check every second or so to see if there are any new processes and kill them. a possible issue with that might be that like an internet explorer pop up may not get it's own processor id... so you may have to track the number of windows too, and kill any new ones... that should be pretty easy to throw in a loop that grabs all of the window names that are minimized into an array, then check active windows to see if there are any unsaved names...and just 'cause i've had too much soda today, i must point out that there would still be an issue that a window title may change, like if you change web pages, or if you do a save-as and change the document you are working on, and then the window title wouldn't be one of the ones that was saved in the list and the program would be killed... although... if you're trying to keep everything minimized (not sure why) you can't really be browsing the net or saving documents with only minimized windows....although that's codable too....hm... i think i've carried this out too far and it's time for me to go get another code red....