Calling .exe from custom .dll?

fett8802

Hello all,

I'm starting to learn the immense functionality of the .dll file. I'm using at least one custom .dll file in my new program that contains all of the images and icons used within. It's a very nice way to quickly and easily package everything into one nice, neat file.

My question is, my program actually has three separate .exe files it can call. These programs get user input and write to an .ini file for the main program to read. What I'd like to do is compile these three separate .exe files (written and compiled in AutoIt) into a .dll file (I have completed this step) and call the .exe directly from the .dll file when running the main program.

This will help save space and clutter in the install directory.

Can this be done?

I've tried Run("RunDLL32.exe C:\SeparateExes.dll,test")

Where "test.exe" is the name of the first program.

Thanks for your help!

-Fett

[sub]My UDF[/sub][sub] - Basics and Time extensions. Great for those new at AutoIt, also contains some powerful time extensions for pros.[/sub][sub]ScrabbleIt[/sub][sub] - Scrabble done in pure AutoIt. (In Progress)[/sub][sub]Nerd Party Extreme | My Portfolio | [email="fett8802@gmail.com"]Contact Me[/email][/sub]

What I'd like to do is compile these three separate .exe files (written and compiled in AutoIt) into a .dll file (I have completed this step) and call the .exe directly from the .dll file when running the main program.

Can this be done?

No it can't be done.

Autoit is interpreted language and can't be compiled into DLL files.

EDIT:

Look here

maybe it's what you want to do?

Edited by Zedna