setting a regkey when the keyname (guid) is dynamic??

Shadster

Hi All,

Trying to change a couple regkeys in which the full key name is dynamic from build to build and i am not sure how to really parse it.

need to change the dword value of "NetbiosOption" to "1" if it exists under this tree:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters\Interfaces\Tcpip_{xyz123-12-345-7890}

problem is that the guid... part inside of the curly brackets changes... {xyz123-12-345-7890} from machine to machine with same hardware/image etc...)

so how can i just look for "Tcpip_{* or wildcard equivalent in this branch and then edit it if it is there?

or should i just change my logic and search the reg for the NetbiosOption key and if exists change it to 1? not sure i like the blanket approach since i know that i only want to change the ones under this 'branch'

or should I have it read and set then return values to a variable(s) and then pump it back via something like:"

RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters\Interfaces\$Variable", "NetbiosOption","Reg_DWORD", "1" )

yeah, they are for each nic connection...

so i have it reading them, and kicking it to a msg box, and some tenative logic below... but obviously i have some errors when i go to pass it to a the value, and then read the key if a 0 or 1... as well as catching the error if that sub-key (NetbiosOptions) does not exist

$Path = String("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesNetBTParametersInterfaces")
For $i= 1 to 10
    $var = RegEnumKey($Path, $i)
    If @error <> 0 then ExitLoop
    MsgBox(4096, "Tcpip_{xxx} #" & $i & " under HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesNetBTParametersInterfaces: ", $var)

also not sure on if i need the backtrailing slash for the RegEnumVal:

something like this to get that value (then determine if a 0 --change it, else next) but keeps showing blank so not setting/reading it yet... maybe a missing blackslash i.e. $Path''&$var

$val = RegEnumVal($Path1&$var, "NetbiosOptions")
MsgBox(4096, "testwindows", $val)
Edited by Shadster

Something like this:

$Path = String("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters\Interfaces\")

For $i= 1 to 10
    $var = RegEnumKey($Path, $i)
    If @error <> 0 then ExitLoop
    $Search_Val = RegRead($Path & $var,"NetbiosOptions")
    If Not @error Then
        ConsoleWrite($i & @TAB & $var & @TAB & "DWORD: " & $Search_Val & @CRLF)
    Else
        ConsoleWrite($i & @TAB & $var & @TAB & "Not Found" & @CRLF)
    EndIf
Next

If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?AutoIt Forum Search