for the right arrow would i type

Wouldn't hitting the right arrow on your keyboard also move your cursor? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol, bosko I suggest you actually use Send("{RIGHT}"), I also suggest that you look at the help file under Send() and MouseMove() to clarify what each function does. Edited by Burrup

qq

This entire thread of confusion is due to the ambiguous description of {RIGHT} in the help file. 'Cursor right' could refer to the mouse cursor (as Bosko has interpreted it) or the text cursor (which is what it means) -- the right arrow key is not however limited to this task.

{RIGHT} - right arrow key

would be a better description of this key in my opinion as it has been used for the Ctrl, Alt, Shift and Win keys in this fashion.

This entire thread of confusion is due to the ambiguous description of {RIGHT} in the help file. 'Cursor right' could refer to the mouse cursor (as Bosko has interpreted it) or the text cursor (which is what it means) -- the right arrow key is not however limited to this task.

would be a better description of this key in my opinion as it has been used for the Ctrl, Alt, Shift and Win keys in this fashion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

see thats where we all got confused i only use cursor for mouse cursor and not for text for text i call it the blinky text line

That doesn't discount the fact that you obviously never actually tried what everybody was telling you to try. Even the most basic of deduction skills should of put you on the track that: Send() only sends keys and there was no other best fit based on description, therefore {RIGHT} is probably what you are looking for. A simple courteous test would of saved this thread from being 20+ posts long. Then there is the "blinky text line". If you don't actually know the name of something, how can you state so repetitively that something is in fact not this thing when you don't even know what the name of the thing in question is?

I know there are multiple guides on the internet on "how to ask a good question" but you are the first person I've seen that desperately needed a guide on "how to receive a good answer". Your question was answered in the second post but you obstinately refused to actually try the suggestion because the documentation didn't describe the key as "Moves the blinky text line right".

In the future, I strongly encourage you and everybody else to at least try the suggestions posted. Keep this most simple logic in mind if you even get a hint of the urge to not accept the answer on the grounds that you know better: If you actually know the answer to the question, you wouldn't ask the question, there-fore, try what is described in the response. You are not in a position to disclaim the persons response based on pure knowledge alone because the simple fact that the question had to be asked in the first place proves a lack of knowledge on the subject at hand.

In other words, use common sense.

With regards to the documentation itself, I see nothing wrong with what is said. The caret is known as a cursor as well so that is a perfectly acceptable, and probably less tech-savvy term for it that the average user may actually recognize. Also, keep in mind that this information appears in the Send Keys list so one should be able to safely infer that perhaps its referring to some kind of cursor controllable by the keyboard. A simple process of elimination should then produce the desired outcome that this key moves the "blinky text line", also achievable by pressing the right-arrow key on the keyboard.

OMG, have you tried what they gave you? These people are trying to help you, and you're waisting the time. With a little bit of reading, you could have found this out yourself. What they gave you is CORRECT. Why don't you just try to run the:

Send("{RIGHT}")

that the wonderful helpful people have provided up above. No one will help you if you do not cooperate. It's things like this that people are getting sick and tired of.

EDIT: Sorry, Valik beat me to it.

Edited by layer
FootbaG

@Valik

That last post absolutely cracked me up! I agree fully though. On one hand if he would have used common sense it would have been solved as you said, and then again if he would have looked up cursor and/or blinky text line he may have found they are one and the same :evil:

@Everyone

I enjoyed watching the confusion on this post... I saw the problem by the 4th post when he replied to the 2 of you guys trying to tell him how to do it. LxP finally explained what was going on, and then Valik just busted it open :)

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

If you liked this thread... you'll love this post too!!!

ive written a new script without anybody's help

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13604

i need help coding a program

i know Send("{F5}") is to refresh

but i have no clue how to do anything else so if somebeody could help me put this togather i would love them for ever and ever and wanna have mabies/babies 

"i need help coding a program"

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...opic=12931&hl=#

"making script a GUI with instructions"

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...&st=0&p=91764

8(

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png