[SOLVED] inline obfuscator /cf 0|1

Xandy

I would like to obfuscate my script before release. I have 900 functions that look like this.

Where 0= 0 .. 900

func functionfunction0()
   hotkeyset($hk[0][9]);unset the hotkey to prevent spamming the function
   dofunction(0);Do it!
   hotkeyset($hk[0][9], "functionfunction0");reset the hotkey for future use
Endfunc

Basically what this means is that I have to use the /cf 0 flag or the hotkeyset() will not match the function() name (I think). I tested it without the /cf 0 flag and my hotkeys failed to trigger the functions, the hotkeys work with the flag. So all is good, except I'd like to use the /cf 1 on all other functions in my script.

My program/script wrote those 900 functions it'self so if there is away to change the flag inline, no matter how tedious I'm sure I could do it.

Is there a way to change the /cf flag in a precompiler sort of way for the obfuscator? I may have not understood the help file and if that is the case please help me understand how to accomplish this goal.

Telling me it cannot be done is useful too, thank you.

Edited by songersoft

One solution I found is to manually change the function names.

example:

replace all makewindow( with foggylamp1(

replace all loaddialogdata( with foggylamp2(

Seems like the wrong way to go about this though, as I would want to keep the original source unmodified and only obfuscate released executables.

• Developers

What is it exactly what you want to accomplish with Obfuscator?

Just strip the Included files but leave the main script untouched? (/SOI)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I want to protect my source code from decompulation. I am wondering if there is away I can take advantage of obfuscator renaming functions.

Obfuscator works very well by the way, my 10535 lines of code become 31682 of functioning jibber jabber. I understand obfuscator is thanks to you.

;this line is an example of how I use 900 functions with specific variable names
hotkeyset($hk[$hks][9], "functionfunction"&$hks)

;below is an example of the function definitions
func functionfunction898()
   hotkeyset($hk[898][9])
   dofunction(898)
   hotkeyset($hk[898][9], "functionfunction898")
Endfunc
func functionfunction899()
   hotkeyset($hk[899][9])
   dofunction(899)
   hotkeyset($hk[899][9], "functionfunction899")
Endfunc
func functionfunction900()
   hotkeyset($hk[900][9])
   dofunction(900)
   hotkeyset($hk[900][9], "functionfunction900")
Endfunc

Data used to determine what to do with the hotkey is paired to the index... All I can say is it works. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to match the function in the hotkeyset() with the data.

Perhaps you see why /cf 1 is difficult for me to use. Perhaps I don't know enough about what I am trying to say.

Thank you for your hard work, time, and effort.

Edited by songersoft

• Developers

There will be no way that Obfuscator can know the names of the function you are trying to form in the formula like this:

hotkeyset($hk[$hks][9], "functionfunction"&$hks)

So it cannot rename them.

But, having said that: I cannot see what obfuscating the names you have would buy you as there are just consecutive names already.

Don't forget that what Obfuscator does can be undone partially and renaming funcs back is one of them, so Obfuscator doesn't protect your script at all, just makes it harder to read.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

But, having said that: I cannot see what obfuscating the names you have would buy you as there are just consecutive names already.

Right. I was wondering if I could obfuscate all the other function names in the script leaving the 'functionfunctionN' unmodified. However, if it were possible you would have likely mentioned it to me.

Thank you for your time Jos.

It is possible to keep some function names. You have to add the names to the following directive as a comma separated list: #Obfuscator_Ignore_Funcs=

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes