Report Help File Issues Here

guinness

This has been an ongoing issue for years now and not just with AutoIt.

I still cringe at the memory of what happened in the MS news groups when MS decided to change the prefix for KB articles without notification. Might not have been quite so bad if most of us were not using boiler-plated replies along with the Microsoft KB database which they conveniently forgot to update. That was AutoIt to the rescue again and IIRC it was V2 that I used and you will remember the somewhat limited functionality of that compared to AutoIt3.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

_GUICtrlComboBox_GetMinVisible

Retrieve the minimum number

Success: True (???)

Fixed. Thanks.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3betaAutoIt3.chm::/html/appendix/OSLangCodes.htm

--> there is bad link (to not existing page)

List was generated from Windows 2000 - List of Locale IDs and Language Groups

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/win2k/setup/lcid.mspx

This has been already fixed in the latest beta.

Revision: 6644

Author: guinness

Date: 08 January 2012 17:42:07

Changed: URL, now points to the correct page.

----

Modified : /trunk/docs/autoit/english/html/appendix/OSLangCodes.htm

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

This has been already fixed in the latest beta.

Sorry then.

I don't use latest beta and this time I didn't check it against latest beta SFX.

I will check it next time.

EDIT:

I have got most of my projects in syntax for version 3.2.12.1

and few projects in syntax of 3.3.7.22 which was latest beta few months ago.

So I have got installed 3.2.12.1 as release and 3.3.7.22 as beta.

But I didn't upgrade beta to next latest beta due to much breaking changes

which I would have to incorporate into my latest big project.

Edited by Zedna

No problem.

UDF List:

Is it not just enough to follow what google gives you for "I'm Feeling Lucky" when typing in "msdn FunctionName"??? That should go to the right page most of the time.

Won't work worth a damn in a help file.

You could however use http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search/en-US/?&query= and the function. As I recall that is pretty much what several of the help file pages are using.

That is until MS takes a sudden notion to change the base URL like maybe dropping the social. or whatever method they can find to screw us up. They won't bother with advance notice nor will they reply to queries about the reasons they have for doing it.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

_GUIImageList_ReplaceIcon

AddIcon($hImage, $AutoItDir & "Iconsfiletype1.ico")
AddIcon($hImage, $AutoItDir & "Iconsfiletype2.ico")
AddIcon($hImage, $AutoItDir & "Iconsfiletype3.ico")

filetype1.ico, filetype2.ico, filetype3.ico, files not found

GUICtrlCreateListView

If you add a style $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES, then there are no borders, add style $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE

Edited by AZJIO

In the section for StringFormat, one of the examples given is incorrect.

printf("%%10.10s = [%10.10s]n", $t);   [many monke]     left-justification but with a cutoff of 10 characters

This format does not mean Left Justification with 10 character cutoff, it stands for a minimum of 10 characters (spaces added as needed), and a cutoff at 10 characters, which will output the same string in the console, but are 2 vastly different meanings.

printf("%%-.10s = [%-.10s]n", $t);   [many monke]       left-justification but with a cutoff of 10 characters

This is how it should be written, the "-" means left justify, the ".10s" means that the string should be no longer than 10 characters long. If you were to replace the $t with $s in the two lines, you'd see the difference. The first one would output "[____monkey]" and the second would output "[monkey]".

Drove me crazy when a label wouldn't line up correctly for me because of added spaces in my strings. ;)

EDIT: I added underlining in the first output example because the forum eats extra spaces.

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

As a follow-up to my post above, in regards to the help file for StringFormat; would it be a problem to move the sections of the parameter descriptions around so they're in the same order that the StringFormat parameter is? Currently the Width description is listed first, followed by the types, then the flags, then the precision parameters. The format for the StringFormat command is %[flags] [width] [.precision] type, the description of the fields should follow the format for clarity's sake if nothing else, the function is hard enough to understand without making things harder. ;)

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

The types should be first because it's mandatory and the most important part. Even for the most basic usage you will want to read the types section even if you read no other. So I would suggest the order be, type, flags, width, precision. It's still out of order, obviously, but only in that type appears first for the reason I just mentioned.

Hadn't thought of it that way, but it makes sense.

In relation to #2210 I question the validity of the remark in StringInStr help:

The count parameter must be longer than the substring being searched for.

(Emphasis mine.)

It seems to me that it should say:

The count parameter must be longer or equal than the substring being searched for.

or

The count parameter must not be shorter than the substring being searched for.

Edited by jchd

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

(trivial)

In the help for Opt()

MustDeclareVars is the only option earlier mentioned in the remarks table, which is not included in the example.

Already fixed #2074 Edited by guinness

UDF List:

oops, only searched the thread.

It's fine. Recently people have been reporting documentation errors in Trac.

UDF List:

Operators

Comparison operators (case insensitive if used with strings except for ==)

Specify that when comparing numbers and strings, the string is converted into a number using the Number() function rule

lexicographically*

* Lexicographic order means that you first compare the first characters of each line, then the second, and once the characters are not equal returns True or False. In lexicographic order value depends on the position in the alphabet, ie A < B. The order of the following groups: special characters < 0-9 < A-Z < user's locale, another example of A < AA < AAA < AAB < AAC < AB < B < ... < ZZZ, not case-sensitive A = a.

Edited by AZJIO