New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v2.28

Jos

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here: <dowlload-link> ?

Adding something like "Offtopic BTW" is usually more effective than hooping, or reporting for that matter.

:)

---

... 6(+1) years, wow that long already ... feels like forever ...

(Dropping both from here on.)

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

@Jos, OK, so far so good, was working with it for a while, reporting back.

1. if using the Stream Comment now, all internal folds are kept intact, except Comment Blocks,

(so all these quite large comment blocks get unfolded, ie lexer ignores them.

2. Another thought:

I noticed (visually & in the lexer code) how 'levelCurrent' is set for some.

While this might looks nice visually so you can see the EndIf's etc when in a folded state,

it can look weird or plain confusing if anyone is using Fold.Highlight, (as it follows it).

All the best.

Edited by Zip

• Developers

Not sure on item 1 if I understand you. Is this about Comment Blocks inside of CommentBlocks meaning multi level commentblock?

Need to look at the code to see what if any support was ever build for that. One think I will say is that I have no intention to reach 100% accurate folding inside of commentblocks when it requires a lot of goofy code. I don't really use that function at all and am happy with just the whole CommentBlock folding.

On item 2: We tried to determine for ourselves at the time I build the Lexer wether or not we wanted to show the "end statement" in folding state. That dictates at what time we set the CurrentLine value.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos

On Item 1, yes, (ie I did mean all fold points should remain folded whether or not theyr'e nested another level inside a #CS#CE.)

Did assume your'e aware of it, but mentioned it just in case this is NOT by design, for completeness.

On Item 2, as I said it also dictates the Scite's fold highlights behavior, so I assumed it is worth mentioning.

These 2 are the only 2 points I noticed (so these 2reported), your last patch fixed the bugs, thanks for everything.

@Jos

Ive been missing out! Somehow I got it in my head that I already had this version installed. Wrong ;) Anyway nice work! I like the new format. In fact you did quite a few things that I had as my personal standard for some time. (like comments and comment blocks the same color. :) )

The only change I had to make was setting the operators to bold. The color orange on top of background color (light cream?) was hard for me to see. Especially commas. Bold fixed that.

@D4RKON3

I tried the latest version of SciTE (2.28) and understood the big difference to previous version, how ever some of changes was't good enough ( Ofc in my opinion ), so i changed some of them, for example i removed the Italic style for comments, it's really unnecessary

If you want to get technical, colors are unnecessary. Its all just helpful eye candy. I think the italics for comments is an even better choice now since all other italics have been switched off.

Your signature's funny:

Always comment your functions ( Line by Line ), but before that, disable the Italic style of SciTE's comments!

Come on lol! Now your just telling people "Be like me!" Edited by Beege

On item 2: We tried to determine for ourselves at the time I build the Lexer wether or not we wanted to show the "end statement" in folding state. That dictates at what time we set the CurrentLine value.

On the 2nd item, I think I better post a screen capture of what I mean, just to make sure my point was clear,

All the best.

post-62013-0-40078300-1327017177_thumb.p

Edited by Zip

Come on lol! Now your just telling people "Be like me!"

It's my coding style and i'm happy with this. if you can see i asked 'Do you want my advice?', if you don't want it or have any problem just click on 'Spoiler Hide', i'm sure you know how to click some where.

Then i don't know why you can't understand, maybe you just read half of every posts. I was talking about VS 2010 standards and styles, it's why i said Italic style can be removed.

Now continue to reading posts and saying 'lol', maybe it's your talking style but don't expect ppl to 'be like you'.

Edit: About colors, i'm not agree with you, colors are definitely necessary coz they say what we should know about each sentence, BTW if you don't like the colors, just pres Shift + F11 in SciTE, you will be happy with you uncolored world.

Edited by D4RKON3

D4RKON3 relax. Your choice of words made me laugh. Thats all. When you start mixing in personal opionion with advice, "Be like me" is the kind of advice you end up giving. "Always comment your functions line by line" is good advice and will definatly help someone. Italics may or may not help. Thats personal opinion.

It's my coding style and i'm happy with this. if you can see i asked 'Do you want my advice?', if you don't want it or have any problem just click on 'Spoiler Hide', i'm sure you know how to click some where.

You see. Rewording the bold you get "my advice is to use my coding style"

Then i don't know why you can't understand, maybe you just read half of every posts. I was talking about VS 2010 standards and styles, it's why i said Italic style can be removed.

No. You were responding to Jos's question "Are you not using the latest standard color settings?" meaning Autoit. Not VS 2010 standards. Italics being really unnecessary is why you said they could be removed.

Edit: About colors, i'm not agree with you, colors are definitely necessary coz they say what we should know about each sentence, BTW if you don't like the colors, just pres Shift + F11 in SciTE, you will be happy with you uncolored world.

Something being necessary is not the same as something being very useful. Colors are defiantly useful, but by no means necessarily.

Puts wet finger up in the air ... Grabs phone ... '112TOPICDOC' ... 'Hi, With Manadars topic help service. I'm currently not available. Please leave your message after the beep.' ... "darn" ... click.

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

On the 2nd item, I think I better post a screen capture of what I mean, just to make sure my point was clear,

All the best.

Ok, I haven't switched on that color function but see what you mean now.

One of the reasons of doing it the way we have is is that something like this:

Do
    $a+=1
Until $a = 10

Folds to

Do
Until $a = 10
So you still see the last line containing the condition.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Which to me is the right way to fold.

It's also what I was pointing out when we had the discussion about Region folding. The loops and Func/EndFunc etc fold that way even if there is a blank line following. The #Region folds to the blank line So you will only see the start of the region; not the #EndRegion line itself.

Either way I've gotten used to it anyway and it was never critical.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Ok, I haven't switched on that color function but see what you mean now.

Well in that case glad I took the screen cap after all, Yeah its one of these options not always used,

but there should have been a warning sticker on it ,as you do get spoiled by it once it's on ;).

One of the reasons of doing it the way we have is is that something like this:

Do
    $a+=1
Until $a = 10

Folds to

Do
Until $a = 10
So you still see the last line containing the condition.

sure I am aware of that (reported just to make sure it's known, & within your design goals, as an attempt to give back relevant input).

To be honest if this option is off and your'e not coding at all on other languages & used to how this option interacts with the way the fold structures work on them (C++ etc), you never see a problem,

it's once you do that it throws you off :).

In any case, now, thanks to you & your last patches, I can work around that to follow a similar behavior.

(for me, I think I'm just gonna throw a bool for fold.highlight props var, & IF the relevant level-- calls,

it should be within my coding skills....)

so truly, many thanks.

Edited by Zip

• Developers

I will have a look at your suggestions and must say I do like the Color use for the folds.

Cheers,

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

( Addictive lil thing aint it , funny thing is, I was not even aware of its existence, until looking at the source code when I started my attempt quest of adding some features I needed from scite for my own use).

-great will follow this thread.

• Developers

I have update the Current available Beta SciTE v2.28, SciLexer and SciTEGlobal.properties to enable the fold.highlight and us RED for that.

Also changed the closing fold level to be consistent meaning it will fold to a single line and not showing the last statement for any fold block.

I am considering to add an extra option to support the old folding in case there are many that would like to see that option.

I have been doing a lot of changes to the Folding logic including folding inside comments so let me know when there are issue.

Remark: The folding in commentblock doesn't support all folding since a part of the logic is basic on the lexer keyword detection which doesn't work in commentblock as that is all marked a comment.

Jos

ps: The latest Lexau3.cxx is also available in the Beta directory.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos,

The SciTEGlobal.properties file in the beta directory looks all jacked up to me... lots of differences from what was shipped with the lastest SciTE4AutoIt3 installer. The LUA startup file is wrong, the findstr command is commented out, the help file command is wrong... seems like a mashup of new settings and a very old file. Can you take a look?

• Developers

Jos,

The SciTEGlobal.properties file in the beta directory looks all jacked up to me... lots of differences from what was shipped with the lastest SciTE4AutoIt3 installer. The LUA startup file is wrong, the findstr command is commented out, the help file command is wrong... seems like a mashup of new settings and a very old file. Can you take a look?

I see I copied the SciTEGlobal.properties from the Lite source tree... Should be fixed now!

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Confirmed, it's fixed now.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018