AutoIT's Use of Clipbaord Q

Does AutoIt's InetGet use the windows clipboard?

Does wOuter's UDF, _InetGetSource use the clipboard?

Reason I ask is that I have an obscure problem that another program runs into execution time problem every once and a while, and I am looking into the possibility that it is clipboard related. AutoIt is running as well, with repetitive Inetget actions.

Thanks

Larry

I'm, Lovin' IT, X

Does AutoIt's InetGet use the windows clipboard?

Does wOuter's UDF, _InetGetSource use the clipboard?

Reason I ask is that I have an obscure problem that another program runs into execution time problem every once and a while, and I am looking into the possibility that it is clipboard related.  AutoIt is running as well, with repetitive Inetget actions.

Thanks

Larry

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i don't believe that it does, but one way to check, you make a little script to put the contents of the clipboard in a tooltip.... then run it while you're running your inetget script and see if the tooltip changes... ex:

$tester = ClipPut("If this changes, my clipboard is being used")

while 1

tooltip(clipget())

if @error = 1 then msgbox(0,"Clipboard Changed","Clipboard contents have been changed to a non text item")

wend

Edited by cameronsdad

i don't believe that it does, but one way to check, you make a little script to put the contents of the clipboard in a tooltip.... then run it while you're running your inetget script and see if the tooltip changes...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the idea, ran it (had to put in a sleep(1) to free up some cpu time for my download simulator to work), and the clipboard did not change. So I guess the answer is no, InetGet does not use the clipboard. THanks for the test code, I will use it to help me further investigate the execution problem I am having. The other program is Excel VBA, and I posted in chat about that. Something really weird happens when I use your test code and do a row copy in excel vba.(post title is "Thought I's ask here as a last resort."

Regards

Larry

I'm, Lovin' IT, X

Thanks for the idea, ran it (had to put in a sleep(1) to free up some cpu time for my download simulator to work), and the clipboard did not change.  So I guess the answer is no, InetGet does not use the clipboard.  THanks for the test code, I will use it to help me further investigate the execution problem I am having. The other program is Excel VBA, and I posted in chat about that.  Something really weird happens when I use your test code and do a row copy in excel vba.(post title is "Thought I's ask here as a last resort."

Regards

Larry

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Remember that, depending on your office version, there is an "Office Clipboard" that stores multiple items.

Here is a google'd page that shows you how to avoid the use of the clipboard when doing what you're doing: Avoid the use of Copy and Paste whenever Possible -- there may be other tips there that will help you as well.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thanks for the idea, ran it (had to put in a sleep(1) to free up some cpu time for my download simulator to work), and the clipboard did not change.  So I guess the answer is no, InetGet does not use the clipboard.  THanks for the test code, I will use it to help me further investigate the execution problem I am having. The other program is Excel VBA, and I posted in chat about that.  Something really weird happens when I use your test code and do a row copy in excel vba.(post title is "Thought I's ask here as a last resort."

Regards

Larry

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i can't find that other post, but i use excel vba alot and may be able to help... mind linking?