Is decomiling the .chm files to locate and use specific help files allowed?

• Developers

Your question is unclear. You do not need to extract the helpfiles as they are there already.

The source pages for the helpfile are available in the download directory, so no secrets there either.

So, what do you what to accomplish?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Your question is unclear. You do not need to extract the helpfiles as they are there already.

The source pages for the helpfile are available in the download directory, so no secrets there either.

So, what do you what to accomplish?

The goal is to display a specific AutoIt help topic to my user.

My first thought was to include the .chm files with my project and try to launch the .chm to a specific topic. Then I looked at the size of the chm files and thought that I might be able to decompile the .chm and grab the specific .htm file(s). That would reduce some unnecessary bloat for my project and would allow me to control how the information is displayed.

I also considered launching the support URL to the specific topic on the AutoIt site but then I would be "stealing" bandwidth. Although, the users would have access to the latest and greatest help updates but I think that is less important.

I'm open to suggestions.