Notify - New version 17 Mar 22

Melba23

• Moderators

z0iid,

Not sure I like that comparison! ;)

I have taken a look and it does not seem too difficult to meet your requirements. Would Sir like the ability to determine the Slide/Fade setting and the In/Out timings for each Notification separately or would he accept a Global setting for them all? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

z0iid,

I went ahead and made it possible to do both. :)

I attach the modified UDF and example - read the function headers for _Notify_Set and _Notify_Show to see how I have implemented it. The example explains how the various setting are changed as the script progresses.

Let me know what you think - I am pretty happy with it. ;)

M23

P.S. And if anyone else wants to comment - feel free! ;)

Edited by Melba23
Added P.S.

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

lol - no, the comparison was with regards to the "Some people are never satisifed!" comment. (She was never satisfied - now her lack of satisfaction is someone elses problem)

I certainly don't want to be known as a demanding/trouble forum user.... let other users (the community) decide how to implement the feature. (although, Global is certainly acceptable for me, and how I will use the feature.)

btw - your UDF's are great training resources for me since i don't know standards....I hope to learn by example.

**edit**

looked at the changes, and example - fantastic, love it.

I may spend some time integrating this into a systemwide app (similar to growl) that can accept "feeds" from other apps, event logs, etc - what ever the user wants to subscribe to for notifications.

*shrug*.... but with the existence of growl, it probably wouldn't be used many places except for the organization i work for.

z0iid,

Not sure I like that comparison! ;)

I have taken a look and it does not seem too difficult to meet your requirements. Would Sir like the ability to determine the Slide/Fade setting and the In/Out timings for each Notification separately or would he accept a Global setting for them all? :)

M23

Edited by z0iid

• Moderators

z0iid,

I certainly don't want to be known as a demanding/trouble forum user

You are not - I enjoy the challenge. But I think I have done enough on this UDF for a while (hint!). ;)

i don't know standards....I hope to learn by example

Well do not take me as a paragon of perfection - all I had were some university programming classes in Fortran about 40 years ago! But I hope my code is clear and logical - I try to do that so upgrading it is easy later on. I think I have proved the point over the past few days. ;)

How do you find the Slide/Fade implementation? Using negative/positive parameters is one of my favourite tricks to prevent having too many of the damn things. :)

M23

Spoiler

z0iid,

You are not - I enjoy the challenge. But I think I have done enough on this UDF for a while (hint!). :)

Well do not take me as a paragon of perfection - all I had were some university programming classes in Fortran about 40 years ago! But I hope my code is clear and logical - I try to do that so upgrading it is easy later on. I think I have proved the point over the past few days. ;)

How do you find the Slide/Fade implementation? Using negative/positive parameters is one of my favourite tricks to prevent having too many of the damn things. :)

M23

When I saw the implementation using negative/positive parameters, it was an "AhHA!" moment for me. Like "why didn't I think of that..." ;)

• Moderators

z0iid,

I take it you like the idea, then... :)

M23

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why you no have screenshots!? ;)

Anyway, Suggestion: Allow the notifications to partly stick out from the side of the screen (idk 10px shown) and then show when the user clicks on them.

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF

• Moderators

rcmaehl & qwert,

Does this beta version meet your requirements? :)

#include-once

; #INDEX# ============================================================================================================
; Title .........: Notify
; AutoIt Version : 3.3.2.0+ - uses AdlibRegister/Unregister
; Language ......: English
; Description ...: Show and hides pop-out notifications from the side of the screen in user defined colours and fonts
; Author(s) .....: Melba23 - credit to UEZ for the PNG code
; ====================================================================================================================

;#AutoIt3Wrapper_au3check_parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7

; #INCLUDES# =========================================================================================================
#include <StringSize.au3>
#include <GDIPlus.au3>

; #GLOBAL VARIABLES# =================================================================================================
; Create array to hold data for Notifications
; [0][0] = Count            [n][0] = Handle
; [0][1] = Max avail        [n][1] = Timer duration
; [0][2] = X-coord          [n][2] = Timer stamp
; [0][3] = Low Y-coord      [n][3] = Clickable
; [0][4] = Location         [n][4] = X-Coord
; [0][5] = Not Index        [n][5] = Extended X-Coord
;                           [n][6] = Hide timing and style
Global $aNotify_Data[1][7] = [[0, Int((@DesktopHeight - 60) / 50), @DesktopWidth - 10, @DesktopHeight - 10, 0, 0, 0]]
; Adjust values according to taskbar position and desired location
_Notify_Locate(0)
; Create array to hold default and current Notification values - [0][n] = Default, [1][n] = Current
; [n][0] Style   [n][1] Col   [n][2] BkCol   [n][3] Font   [n][4] Slide   [n][5] In time   [n][6] Out time   [n][7] Margin show
Global $aNotify_Settings[2][8] = [[1, 0, 0, _Notify_GetDefFont(), False, 1000, 500, 0],[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]]
; Create array to show active retraction modes - ; [0] Timer active [1] Click active [2][2]
Global $aNotify_RetractMode[2] = [False, False]
Global $aNotify_Ret = DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "GetSysColor", "int", 8) ; $COLOR_WINDOWTEXT = 8
$aNotify_Settings[0][1] = $aNotify_Ret[0]
$aNotify_Ret = DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "GetSysColor", "int", 5) ; $COLOR_WINDOW = 5
$aNotify_Settings[0][2] = $aNotify_Ret[0]
; Use the defaults as current settings
For $i = 0 To UBound($aNotify_Settings, 2) - 1
    $aNotify_Settings[1][$i] = $aNotify_Settings[0][$i]
Next

; #CURRENT# ==========================================================================================================
; _Notify_Locate: Determine notification start position, direction of movement and maximum number
; _Notify_Set:    Sets justification, colours, font and display options for notifications
; _Notify_Show:   Shows a notification and optionally sets show/hide options
; _Notify_Hide:   Hides a notification programatically
; _Notify_RegMsg: Registers the WM_MOUSEACTIVATE message to enable retraction of the notification on clicking
; ====================================================================================================================

; #INTERNAL_USE_ONLY#=================================================================================================
; _Notify_Timer:            Checks whether a notification has timed out
; _Notify_WM_MOUSEACTIVATE: Message handler to check if notification clicked
; _Notify_Extend:           Extend a notification when initially shown in margin
; _Notify_Delete:           Retract a notification when timed out or clicked
; _Notify_Reset:            Reposition remaining notifications on screen
; _Notify_GetDefFont:       Determine system default MsgBox font
; _Show_PNG:                Set PNG as image
; _BitmapCreateDIB:         Create bitmap

; #FUNCTION# =========================================================================================================
; Name...........: _Notify_Locate
; Description ...: Determine notification start position, direction of movement and maximum number
; Syntax ........: _Notify_Locate($iLocation)
; Parameters ....: $iLocation - Start point and direction for Notifications
;                              0 = Bottom right upwards (default)
;                              1 = Top right downwards
;                              2 = Top left downwards
;                              3 = Bottom left upwards
; Requirement(s).: v3.3.2.0 or higher - AdlibRegister/Unregister used in _Notify_Show
; Return values .: Success - Returns 1
;                 Failure - Returns 0 and sets @error as follows
;                           1 = Notificatiosn displayed
;                           2 = Invalid parameter
; Author ........: Melba23
; Remarks .......: This function will only set or reset the location if no notifications are displayed
; Example........: Yes
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _Notify_Locate($iLocation)

; Can only reset notification location when no notifications are displayed
    If $aNotify_Data[0][0] Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf

; Check valid parameter
    Switch $iLocation
        Case 0 To 3
            $aNotify_Data[0][4] = $iLocation
        Case Else
            Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
    EndSwitch

Local $tWorkArea
    ; Determine which struct syntax to use to use
    If @AutoItVersion < "3.3.8.0" Then
        $tWorkArea = DllStructCreate("long Left;long Top;long Right;long Bottom")
    Else
        $tWorkArea = DllStructCreate("struct;long Left;long Top;long Right;long Bottom;endstruct")
    EndIf
    ; Check if Taskbar is hidden
    Local $aRet = DllCall("shell32.dll", "uint", "SHAppBarMessage", "dword", 0x00000004, "ptr*", 0) ; $ABM_GETSTATE
    If BitAND($aRet[0], 0x01) Then

; Set max number available
        $aNotify_Data[0][1] = Int((@DesktopHeight - 60) / 50)

; Adjust data array depending on required location
        Switch $iLocation
            Case 0 ; From bottom right
                $aNotify_Data[0][3] = @DesktopHeight - 10 ; bottom Y
                $aNotify_Data[0][2] = @DesktopWidth - 10 ; right X
            Case 1 ; From top right
                $aNotify_Data[0][3] = 10 ; top Y
                $aNotify_Data[0][2] = @DesktopWidth - 10 ; right X
            Case 2 ; From top left
                $aNotify_Data[0][3] = 10 ; top Y
                $aNotify_Data[0][2] = 10 ; left X
            Case 3 ; From bottom left
                $aNotify_Data[0][3] = @DesktopHeight - 10 ; bottom Y
                $aNotify_Data[0][2] = 10 ; left X
        EndSwitch

Else

; Determine available work area ; $SPI_GETWORKAREA = 48
        DllCall("user32.dll", "bool", "SystemParametersInfoW", "uint", 48, "uint", 0, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tWorkArea), "uint", 0)
        If @error Then Return SetError(2, 0, -1)
        Local $aWorkArea[4] = [DllStructGetData($tWorkArea, "Left"), DllStructGetData($tWorkArea, "Top"), _
                DllStructGetData($tWorkArea, "Right"), DllStructGetData($tWorkArea, "Bottom")]

; Set max number available
        $aNotify_Data[0][1] = Int(($aWorkArea[3] - $aWorkArea[1] - 60) / 50)

; Adjust data array depending on required location
        Switch $iLocation
                $aNotify_Data[0][3] = $aWorkArea[3] - 10 ; bottom Y
                $aNotify_Data[0][2] = $aWorkArea[2] - 10 ; right X
            Case 1 ; From top right
                $aNotify_Data[0][3] = $aWorkArea[1] + 10 ; top Y
                $aNotify_Data[0][2] = $aWorkArea[2] - 10 ; right X
            Case 2 ; From top left
                $aNotify_Data[0][3] = $aWorkArea[1] + 10 ; top Y
                $aNotify_Data[0][2] = $aWorkArea[0] + 10 ; left X
                $aNotify_Data[0][3] = $aWorkArea[3] - 10 ; bottom Y
                $aNotify_Data[0][2] = $aWorkArea[0] + 10 ; left X
        EndSwitch

EndIf

Return 1

EndFunc   ;==>_Notify_Locate

; #FUNCTION# =========================================================================================================
; Name...........: _Notify_Set
; Description ...: Sets justification, colours, font and display options for notifications
; Syntax.........: _Notify_Set($vJust, [$iCol, [$iBkCol, [$iFont_Name, [$fSlide, [$iShow, [$iHide]]]]]])
; Parameters ....: $vJust    - 0 = Left justified, 1 = Centred (Default), 2 = Right justified
;                                  Can use $SS_LEFT, $SS_CENTER, $SS_RIGHT
;                              + 4 = Partial initial extension - click for full extension
;                      >>>>>    Setting this parameter to "Default" will reset ALL parameters to default values  <<<<<
;                 $iCol   -     [Optional] The colour for the notification text
;                 $iBkCol -     [Optional] The colour for the notification background
;                               Either colour parameter not set or -1 = Unchanged
;                               Either colour parameter = Default - Resets the system colour
;                 $sFont_Name - [Optional] The font to use for the notification
;                               Not set or "" = unchanged (default)
;                               Default - Resets the system message box font
;                 $fSlide -     [Optional] Movement of notifications into new position when one retracts
;                               False = Instant (default)
;                               True  = Slide
;                 £iShow  -     [Optional] Speed and type of display (minimum 250ms) - Default = 1000ms Slide
;                               Positive integer = Slide in time in ms
;                               Negative integer = Fade in time in ms
;                 £iHide  -     [Optional] Speed and type of retraction (minimum 250ms) - Default = 500ms Slide
;                               Positive integer = Slide out time in ms
;                               Negative integer = Fade out time in ms
; Requirement(s).: v3.3.2.0 or higher - AdlibRegister/Unregister used in _Notify_Show
; Return values .: Success - Returns 1
;                  Failure - Returns 0 and sets @error to 1 with @extended set to parameter index number
; Example........; Yes
;=====================================================================================================================
Func _Notify_Set($vJust, $iCol = -1, $iBkCol = -1, $sFont_Name = "", $fSlide = False, $iShow = Default, $iHide = Default)

; Set parameters
    Select
        Case $vJust = Default
            ; Do nothing ; $aNotify_Settings[1][7] = 0
        Case BitAND($vJust, 4)
            $aNotify_Settings[1][7] = 1
            $vJust -= 4
        Case Else
            $aNotify_Settings[1][7] = 0
    EndSelect

Switch $vJust
        Case Default
            For $i = 0 To UBound($aNotify_Settings, 2) - 1
                $aNotify_Settings[1][$i] = $aNotify_Settings[0][$i]
            Next
            Return
        Case 0, 1, 2
            $aNotify_Settings[1][0] = $vJust
        Case Else
            Return SetError(1, 1, 0)
    EndSwitch

Switch $iCol
        Case Default
            $aNotify_Settings[1][1] = $aNotify_Settings[0][1]
        Case 0 To 0xFFFFFF
            $aNotify_Settings[1][1] = $iCol
        Case -1
            ; Do nothing
        Case Else
            Return SetError(1, 2, 0)
    EndSwitch

Switch $iBkCol
        Case Default
            $aNotify_Settings[1][2] = $aNotify_Settings[0][2]
        Case 0 To 0xFFFFFF
            $aNotify_Settings[1][2] = $iBkCol
        Case -1
            ; Do nothing
        Case Else
            Return SetError(1, 3, 0)
    EndSwitch

Switch $sFont_Name
        Case Default
            $aNotify_Settings[1][3] = $aNotify_Settings[0][3]
        Case ""
            ; Do nothing
        Case Else
            If IsString($sFont_Name) Then
                $aNotify_Settings[1][3] = $sFont_Name
            Else
                Return SetError(1, 4, 0)
            EndIf
    EndSwitch

If $fSlide = True Then
        $aNotify_Settings[0][4] = True
    Else
        $aNotify_Settings[0][4] = False
    EndIf

Select
        Case $iShow = Default
            $aNotify_Settings[1][5] = $aNotify_Settings[0][5]
        Case IsInt($iShow) = 0
            Return SetError(1, 6, 0)
        Case Abs($iShow) < 250
            If $iShow < 0 Then
                $aNotify_Settings[1][5] = -250
            Else
                $aNotify_Settings[1][5] = 250
            EndIf
        Case Else
            $aNotify_Settings[1][5] = $iShow
    EndSelect

Select
        Case $iHide = Default
            $aNotify_Settings[1][6] = $aNotify_Settings[0][6]
        Case IsInt($iHide) = 0
            Return SetError(1, 7, 0)
        Case Abs($iHide) < 250
            If $iHide < 0 Then
                $aNotify_Settings[1][6] = -250
            Else
                $aNotify_Settings[1][6] = 250
            EndIf
        Case Else
            $aNotify_Settings[1][6] = $iHide
    EndSelect

Return 1

EndFunc   ;==>_Notify_Set

; Name...........: _Notify_Show
; Description ...: Shows a notification and optionally sets show/hide options
; Syntax.........: _Notify_Show($vIcon, $sTitle, $sMessage, [$iDelay [, $iClick, [$iShow, [$iHide]]]])
; Parameters ....: $vIcon   - 0 - No icon, 8 - UAC, 16 - Stop, 32 - Query, 48 - Exclamation, 64 - Information
;                             The $MB_ICON constant can also be used for the last 4 above
;                             If set to the name of an exe, the main icon of that exe will be displayed
;                             If set to the name of an image file, that image will be displayed
;                             Any other value returns -1, error 1
;                 $sTitle   - Text to display as title in bold
;                 $sMessage - Text to display as message
;                             If $sTitle = "" then $sText can take 2 lines
;                 $iDelay   - The delay in seconds before the notification retracts (Default = 0 = Remains indefinitely)
;                 $iClick   - If notification will retact when clicked (Default = 1 = Clickable)
;                 £iShow    - [Optional] Speed and type of display (minimum 250ms) - will override current _Notify_Set setting
;                             Positive integer = Slide in time in ms
;                             Negative integer = Fade in time in ms
;                             Default = Use current _Notify_Set setting
;                 £iHide    - [Optional] Speed and type of retraction (minimum 250ms) - will override current _Notify_Set setting
;                             Positive integer = Slide out time in ms
;                             Negative integer = Fade out time in ms
;                             Default = Use current _Notify_Set setting
; Requirement(s).: v3.3.1.5 or higher - AdlibRegister/Unregister used in _Notify_Show
; Return values .: Success: Returns the handle of the Notification
;                  Failure: Returns -1 and sets @error as follows:
;                          1 = Maximum number of notification that can be displayed
;                          2 = Icon parameter invalid
;                          3 = Other parameter invalid (@extended 1=$iDelay, 2=$iClick, 3=$iShow, 4=$iHide)
;                          4 = StringSize error
;                          5 = Title/text will not fit in widest message (@extended = 0/1 = Title/Text)
;                          6 = Notification GUI creation failed
; Notes .........;
; Example........; Yes
;=====================================================================================================================
Func _Notify_Show($vIcon, $sTitle, $sMessage, $iDelay = 0, $iClick = 1, $iShow = Default, $iHide = Default)

; Check for space to show
    If $aNotify_Data[0][0] = $aNotify_Data[0][1] Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, -1)
    EndIf

Local $aLabel_Pos, $iLabel_Width, $iLabel_Height = 20

; Set default auto-sizing Notify dimensions
    Local $iNotify_Width_max = 300
    Local $iNotify_Width_min = 150
    Local $iNotify_Height = 40

; Check for icon
    Local $iIcon_Style = 0
    Local $iIcon_Reduction = 36
    Local $sDLL = "user32.dll"
    Local $sImg = ""
    If StringIsDigit($vIcon) Then
        Switch $vIcon
            Case 0
                $iIcon_Reduction = 0
            Case 8
                $sDLL = "imageres.dll"
                $iIcon_Style = 78
            Case 16 ; Stop
                $iIcon_Style = -4
            Case 32 ; Query
                $iIcon_Style = -3
            Case 48 ; Exclam
                $iIcon_Style = -2
            Case 64 ; Info
                $iIcon_Style = -5
            Case Else
                Return SetError(1, 0, -1)
        EndSwitch
    Else
        Switch StringLower(StringRight($vIcon, 3))
            Case "exe", "ico"
                $sDLL = $vIcon
                $iIcon_Style = 0
            Case "bmp", "jpg", "gif", "png"
                $sImg = $vIcon
        EndSwitch
    EndIf

; Check other parameters
    If $iDelay < 0 Then
        Return SetError(3, 1, -1)
    Else
        $iDelay = Int($iDelay)
    EndIf
    Switch $iClick
        Case 0, 1
            ; Valid
        Case Else
            Return SetError(3, 2, -1)
    EndSwitch
    Select
        Case $iShow = Default
            $iShow = $aNotify_Settings[1][5]
        Case IsInt($iShow) = 0
            Return SetError(3, 3, -1)
        Case Abs($iShow) < 250
            If $iShow < 0 Then
                $iShow = -250
            Else
                $iShow = 250
            EndIf
    EndSelect
    Select
        Case $iHide = Default
            $iHide = $aNotify_Settings[1][6]
        Case IsInt($iHide) = 0
            Return SetError(3, 4, -1)
        Case Abs($iHide) < 250
            If $iHide < 0 Then
                $iHide = -250
            Else
                $iHide = 250
            EndIf
    EndSelect

; Determine max message width
    Local $iMax_Label_Width = $iNotify_Width_max - $iIcon_Reduction - 8

; Get text size
    If $sTitle Then
        ; Measure title
        $aLabel_Pos = _StringSize($sTitle, 9, Default, Default, $aNotify_Settings[1][3])
        If @error Then
            Return SetError(4, 0, -1)
        EndIf
        ; Check fits horizontally
        If $aLabel_Pos[2] > $iMax_Label_Width Then
            Return SetError(5, 0, -1)
        Else
            ; Set width required
            $iLabel_Width = $aLabel_Pos[2]
        EndIf
        ; Measure message
        $aLabel_Pos = _StringSize($sMessage, 9, Default, Default, $aNotify_Settings[1][3])
        If @error Then
        EndIf
            Return SetError(5, 1, -1)
        Else
            ; Adjust width required if needed
            If $aLabel_Pos[2] > $iLabel_Width Then
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Else
        ; Measure message
        $aLabel_Pos = _StringSize($sMessage, 9, Default, Default, $aNotify_Settings[1][3], $iMax_Label_Width)
        If @error Then
        EndIf
        ; If wrapped check still fits vertically
        If $aLabel_Pos[3] > 40 Then
        EndIf
        Else
            ; Set Notification size and label position
            If $aLabel_Pos[2] > $iLabel_Width Then
            EndIf
            $sMessage = $aLabel_Pos[0]
            ; Adjust vertical position to centre lines
            Local $iLabel_Y = Int((40 - $aLabel_Pos[3]) / 2)
        EndIf
    EndIf

; Set Notify size
    Local $iNotify_Width = $iLabel_Width + 8 + $iIcon_Reduction

; Increase if below min size
    If $iNotify_Width < $iNotify_Width_min + $iIcon_Reduction Then
        $iNotify_Width = $iNotify_Width_min + $iIcon_Reduction
        $iLabel_Width = $iNotify_Width_min - 8
    EndIf

; Set Notify coords depending on location
    Local $iNotify_X, $iNotify_Y, $iFinal_X = 0
    Switch $aNotify_Data[0][4]
            If $aNotify_Settings[1][7] Then
                $iNotify_X = @DesktopWidth - 10
                $iFinal_X = $aNotify_Data[0][2] - $iNotify_Width
            Else
                $iNotify_X = $aNotify_Data[0][2] - $iNotify_Width
            EndIf
            $iNotify_Y = $aNotify_Data[0][3] - (50 * ($aNotify_Data[0][0] + 1))
        Case 1 ; From top right
                $iNotify_X = @DesktopWidth - 10
                $iFinal_X = $aNotify_Data[0][2] - $iNotify_Width
            Else
                $iNotify_X = $aNotify_Data[0][2] - $iNotify_Width
            EndIf
            $iNotify_Y = $aNotify_Data[0][3] + (50 * ($aNotify_Data[0][0]))
        Case 2 ; From top left
                $iNotify_X = -($iNotify_Width - 10)
                $iFinal_X = $aNotify_Data[0][2]
            Else
                $iNotify_X = $aNotify_Data[0][2]
            EndIf
            $iNotify_Y = $aNotify_Data[0][3] + (50 * ($aNotify_Data[0][0]))
                $iNotify_X = -($iNotify_Width - 10)
                $iFinal_X = $aNotify_Data[0][2]
            Else
                $iNotify_X = $aNotify_Data[0][2]
            EndIf
            $iNotify_Y = $aNotify_Data[0][3] - (50 * ($aNotify_Data[0][0] + 1))
    EndSwitch

; Create Notify slice with $WS_POPUPWINDOW style and $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOPMOST and $WS_EX_STATICEDGE extended style
    Local $hNotify_Handle = GUICreate("", $iNotify_Width, $iNotify_Height, $iNotify_X, $iNotify_Y, 0x80880000, BitOR(0x00020000, 0x00000080, 0x00000008))
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(6, 0, -1)
    EndIf
    GUISetBkColor($aNotify_Settings[1][2])

; Create icon
    If $iIcon_Reduction Then
        Switch StringLower(StringRight($sImg, 3))
            Case "bmp", "jpg", "gif"
                GUICtrlCreatePic($sImg, 4, 4, 32, 32)
            Case "png"
                _Show_PNG($sImg)
            Case Else
                GUICtrlCreateIcon($sDLL, $iIcon_Style, 4, 4)
        EndSwitch
    EndIf

; Create labels
    If $sTitle Then
        ; Title
        GUICtrlCreateLabel($sTitle, 4 + $iIcon_Reduction, 0, $iLabel_Width, $iLabel_Height)
        GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, 800, 0, $aNotify_Settings[1][3])
        GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $aNotify_Settings[1][2])
        GUICtrlSetColor(-1, $aNotify_Settings[1][1])
        GUICtrlSetStyle(-1, $aNotify_Settings[1][0])
        ; Message
        GUICtrlCreateLabel($sMessage, 4 + $iIcon_Reduction, 20, $iLabel_Width, $iLabel_Height)
        GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, 400, 0, $aNotify_Settings[1][3])
    Else
        ; Message
        GUICtrlCreateLabel($sMessage, 4 + $iIcon_Reduction, $iLabel_Y, $iLabel_Width, 40 - $iLabel_Y)
        GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, 400, 0, $aNotify_Settings[1][3])
    EndIf

; Slide/Fade Notify Slice into view and activate
    If Not $aNotify_Settings[1][7] Then
        Local $iTime = Abs($iShow)
        If $iShow >= 0 Then
                Case 0, 1
                    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $hNotify_Handle, "int", $iTime, "long", 0x00040002) ; $AW_SLIDE_IN_RIGHT
                Case 2, 3
                    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $hNotify_Handle, "int", $iTime, "long", 0x00040001) ; $AW_SLIDE_IN_LEFT
            EndSwitch
        Else
            DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $hNotify_Handle, "int", $iTime, "long", 0x00080000) ; $AW_FADE_IN
        EndIf
    EndIf

; Activate Notify without stealing focus
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOWNOACTIVATE, $hNotify_Handle)

; Store Notify data
    $aNotify_Data[0][0] += 1
    ReDim $aNotify_Data[$aNotify_Data[0][0] + 1][7]
    $aNotify_Data[$aNotify_Data[0][0]][0] = $hNotify_Handle
    $aNotify_Data[$aNotify_Data[0][0]][1] = $iDelay * 1000
    $aNotify_Data[$aNotify_Data[0][0]][2] = TimerInit()
    $aNotify_Data[$aNotify_Data[0][0]][3] = $iClick
    $aNotify_Data[$aNotify_Data[0][0]][4] = $iNotify_X
    $aNotify_Data[$aNotify_Data[0][0]][5] = $iFinal_X
    $aNotify_Data[$aNotify_Data[0][0]][6] = $iHide

; Start Adlib function for Notify retraction
    If $aNotify_Data[0][0] = 1 Then
        AdlibRegister("_Notify_Timer", 1000)
    EndIf

Return $hNotify_Handle

EndFunc   ;==>_Notify_Show

; Name...........: _Notify_Hide
; Description ...: Hide a notification
; Syntax.........: _Notify_Show($hWnd)
; Parameters ....: None
; Requirement(s).: v3.3.1.5 or higher - AdlibRegister/Unregister used in _Notify_Show
; Return values .: Success: Returns 1
;                  Failure:  Returns 0 and sets @error as follows:
;                          1 = Invalid handle passed
;                          2 = Handle not found in Notification array
; Notes .........;
; Example........; Yes
Func _Notify_Hide($hWnd)

; Check for valid handle
    If Not IsHWnd($hWnd) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)

; Look for handle in array
    For $i = 1 To $aNotify_Data[0][0]
        If $aNotify_Data[$i][0] = $hWnd Then
            $aNotify_Data[0][5] = $i
            ; If found then retract
            _Notify_Delete()
            _Notify_Reset()
            Return 1
        EndIf
    Next

; Handle was not found
    Return SetError(2, 0, 0)

EndFunc   ;==>_Notify_Hide

; Name...........: _Notify_RegMsg
; Description ...: Registers WM_MOUSEACTIVATE message needed for the UDF
; Syntax.........: _Notify_RegMsg()
; Return values .: None
; Modified ......:
; Remarks .......: If another WM_MOUSEACTIVATE handler already registered, call the _Notify_WM_MOUSEACTIVATE handler
;                 function from within that handler
;                 If notifications not to retract when clicked the WM_MOUSEACTIVATE message need not be registered
; Example........: Yes
Func _Notify_RegMsg()

GUIRegisterMsg(0x0021, "_Notify_WM_MOUSEACTIVATE") ; $WM_MOUSEACTIVATE
    $aNotify_Data[0][4] = 1

EndFunc   ;==>_Notify_RegMsg

; #INTERNAL_USE_ONLY#============================================================================================================
; Name...........: _Notify_Timer
; Description ...: Checks whether a notification has timed out
; Syntax ........: _Notify_Timer()
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......:
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _Notify_Timer()

; Check if other retractions occuring
    If $aNotify_RetractMode[1] Then
        Return
    EndIf
    If $aNotify_RetractMode[0] Then
        Return
    EndIf

; Set Prevent simultaneous click
    $aNotify_RetractMode[0] = True

; Pause Adlib as retraction and movement could overrun delay time
    AdlibUnRegister("_Notify_Timer")

; Run through notifications
    For $i = $aNotify_Data[0][0] To 1 Step -1
        ; Check timer if needed
        If $aNotify_Data[$i][1] And TimerDiff($aNotify_Data[$i][2]) > $aNotify_Data[$i][1] Then
            $aNotify_Data[0][5] = $i
            _Notify_Delete()
            _Notify_Reset()
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Next

; Restart Adlib if needed
    If $aNotify_Data[0][0] Then
        AdlibRegister("_Notify_Timer", 1000)
    EndIf
    ; Re-enable clicks
    $aNotify_RetractMode[0] = False

EndFunc   ;==>_Notify_Timer

; #INTERNAL_USE_ONLY#============================================================================================================
; Name...........: _Notify_WM_MOUSEACTIVATE
; Description ...: Message handler to check if notification clicked
; Syntax ........: _Notify_WM_MOUSEACTIVATE($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
; Parameters ....: Standard message handler parameters
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......:
Func _Notify_WM_MOUSEACTIVATE($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

#forceref $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam

; Check timer is not checking
        Return
    EndIf
    ; Check handler not already retracting
        Return
    EndIf
    ; Set flag to show handler retracting
    $aNotify_RetractMode[1] = True

For $i = $aNotify_Data[0][0] To 1 Step -1
        ; Is it a click on a notification?
        If $hWnd = $aNotify_Data[$i][0] Then
            $aNotify_Data[0][5] = $i
            If $aNotify_Data[$i][5] Then
                ; Extend the notification
                AdlibRegister("_Notify_Extend", 100)
            Else
                ; Delete the notification if clickable
                If $aNotify_Data[$i][3] Then
                    AdlibRegister("_Notify_Delete", 100)
                EndIf
            EndIf
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Next

; Clear Running flag
    $aNotify_RetractMode[1] = False

Return "GUI_RUNDEFMSG"

EndFunc   ;==>_Notify_WM_MOUSEACTIVATE

; Name...........: _Notify_Extend
; Description ...: Extend a notification when initially shown in margin
; Syntax ........: _Notify_Extend()
; Parameters ....: Nove
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......:
Func _Notify_Extend()

; Check if retractions occuring
        Return
    EndIf
        Return
    EndIf

; Cancel the Adlib call
    AdlibUnRegister("_Notify_Extend")

; Read index
    Local $i = $aNotify_Data[0][5]

; Hide notification
    GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $aNotify_Data[$i][0])
    ; Move it to final position
        Case 0, 3
            WinMove($aNotify_Data[$i][0], "", $aNotify_Data[$i][5], $aNotify_Data[0][3] - (50 * $i))
        Case 1, 2
            WinMove($aNotify_Data[$i][0], "", $aNotify_Data[$i][5], $aNotify_Data[0][3] + (50 * ($i - 1)))
    EndSwitch
    ; Slide into place
        Case 0, 1
            DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $aNotify_Data[$i][0], "int", $aNotify_Settings[1][5], "long", 0x00040002) ; $AW_SLIDE_IN_RIGHT
        Case 2, 3
            DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $aNotify_Data[$i][0], "int", $aNotify_Settings[1][5], "long", 0x00040001) ; $AW_SLIDE_IN_LEFT
    EndSwitch
    ; Reset position data
    $aNotify_Data[$i][4] = $aNotify_Data[$i][5]
    $aNotify_Data[$i][5] = 0

EndFunc   ;==>_Notify_Extend

; Name...........: _Notify_Delete
; Description ...: Retract a notification when timed out or clicked
; Syntax ........: _Notify_Delete()
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......:
Func _Notify_Delete()

; Cancel Adlib call
    AdlibUnRegister("_Notify_Delete")

; Read index
    Local $i = $aNotify_Data[0][5]

; Retract/Fade and delete notification
    Local $iTime = Abs($aNotify_Data[$i][6])
    If $aNotify_Data[$i][6] > 0 Then
            Case 0, 1
                DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $aNotify_Data[$i][0], "int", $iTime, "long", 0x00050001) ; $AW_SLIDE_OUT_RIGHT
            Case 2, 3
                DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $aNotify_Data[$i][0], "int", $iTime, "long", 0x00050002) ; $AW_SLIDE_OUT_LEFT
        EndSwitch
    Else
        DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $aNotify_Data[$i][0], "int", $iTime, "long", 0x00090000) ; $AW_FADE_OUT
    EndIf
    GUIDelete($aNotify_Data[$i][0])
    ; Adjust array
    For $j = $i + 1 To $aNotify_Data[0][0]
        For $k = 0 To UBound($aNotify_Data, 2) - 1
            $aNotify_Data[$j - 1][$k] = $aNotify_Data[$j][$k]
        Next
    Next
    ReDim $aNotify_Data[$aNotify_Data[0][0]][7]
    $aNotify_Data[0][0] -= 1

; Cancel timer if not needed
    If $aNotify_Data[0][0] = 0 Then
        AdlibUnRegister("_Notify_Timer")
    Else
        ; Adjust positions of Notifications
        _Notify_Reset()
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>_Notify_Delete

; Name...........: _Notify_Reset
; Description ...: Reposition remaining notifications on screen
; Syntax ........: _Notify_Reset()
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......:
Func _Notify_Reset()

; Read index
    Local $iIndex = $aNotify_Data[0][5]

If $aNotify_Settings[0][4] Then
        ; Set step size depending on number of notifications to move
        Local $iStep = 1 + Int(($aNotify_Data[0][0] - $iIndex) / 3)
        ; Slide notifications into new positions depending on location
            Case 0, 3
                For $j = 1 To 50 Step $iStep
                    For $i = $iIndex To $aNotify_Data[0][0]
                        WinMove($aNotify_Data[$i][0], "", $aNotify_Data[$i][4], $aNotify_Data[0][3] - (50 * ($i + 1)) + $j)
                    Next
                Next
            Case 1, 2
                For $j = 1 To 50 Step $iStep
                    For $i = $iIndex To $aNotify_Data[0][0]
                        WinMove($aNotify_Data[$i][0], "", $aNotify_Data[$i][4], $aNotify_Data[0][3] + (50 * $i) - $j)
                    Next
                Next
        EndSwitch
    Else
        ; Move notifications into new positions instantly depending on location
            Case 0, 3
                    WinMove($aNotify_Data[$i][0], "", $aNotify_Data[$i][4], $aNotify_Data[0][3] - (50 * $i))
                Next
            Case 1, 2
                    WinMove($aNotify_Data[$i][0], "", $aNotify_Data[$i][4], $aNotify_Data[0][3] + (50 * ($i - 1)))
                Next
        EndSwitch
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>_Notify_Reset

; Name...........: _Notify_GetDefFont
; Description ...: Determine system default MsgBox font
; Syntax ........: _Notify_GetDefFont()
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......:
Func _Notify_GetDefFont()

; Get default system font data
    Local $tNONCLIENTMETRICS = DllStructCreate("uint;int;int;int;int;int;byte[60];int;int;byte[60];int;int;byte[60];byte[60];byte[60]")
    DllStructSetData($tNONCLIENTMETRICS, 1, DllStructGetSize($tNONCLIENTMETRICS))
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SystemParametersInfo", "int", 41, "int", DllStructGetSize($tNONCLIENTMETRICS), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tNONCLIENTMETRICS), "int", 0)
    ; Read font data for MsgBox font
    Local $tLOGFONT = DllStructCreate("long;long;long;long;long;byte;byte;byte;byte;byte;byte;byte;byte;char[32]", DllStructGetPtr($tNONCLIENTMETRICS, 15))
    ; Font name
    Return DllStructGetData($tLOGFONT, 14)

EndFunc   ;==>_Notify_GetDefFont

; Name...........: _Show_PNG
; Description ...: Set PNG as image
; Syntax ........: _Show_PNG($sImg)
; Parameters ....: $sImg - Path of image file
; Author ........: UEZ
; Modified.......: Melba23
; Remarks .......:
Func _Show_PNG($sImg)

_GDIPlus_Startup()
    Local $hPic = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 4, 4, 32, 32)
    Local $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromFile($sImg)
    Local $aResult = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "uint", "GdipCreateBitmapFromScan0", "int", 32, "int", 32, "int", 0, "int", 0x0026200A, "ptr", 0, "int*", 0)
    Local $hBitmap_Resized = $aResult[6]
    Local $hBMP_Ctxt = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBitmap_Resized)
    DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "uint", "GdipSetInterpolationMode", "handle", $hBMP_Ctxt, "int", 7)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect($hBMP_Ctxt, $hBitmap, 0, 0, 32, 32)
    Local $hHBitmap = _BitmapCreateDIB($hBitmap_Resized)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($hPic, 0x0172, 0, $hHBitmap))
    _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap)
    _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap_Resized)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hBMP_Ctxt)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap)
    _GDIPlus_Shutdown()

EndFunc   ;==>_Show_PNG

; Name...........: _BitmapCreateDIB
; Description ...: Create bitmap
; Syntax ........: _BitmapCreateDIB($hBitmap)
; Parameters ....: $hBitmap - Handle of bitmap
; Author ........: UEZ
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......:
Func _BitmapCreateDIB($hBitmap)

Local $hRet = 0

Local $aRet1 = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "uint", "GdipGetImageDimension", "ptr", $hBitmap, "float*", 0, "float*", 0)
    If (@error) Or ($aRet1[0]) Then Return 0
    Local $tData = _GDIPlus_BitmapLockBits($hBitmap, 0, 0, $aRet1[2], $aRet1[3], $GDIP_ILMREAD, $GDIP_PXF32ARGB)
    Local $pBits = DllStructGetData($tData, "Scan0")
    If Not $pBits Then Return 0
    Local $tBIHDR = DllStructCreate("dword;long;long;ushort;ushort;dword;dword;long;long;dword;dword")
    DllStructSetData($tBIHDR, 1, DllStructGetSize($tBIHDR))
    DllStructSetData($tBIHDR, 2, $aRet1[2])
    DllStructSetData($tBIHDR, 3, $aRet1[3])
    DllStructSetData($tBIHDR, 4, 1)
    DllStructSetData($tBIHDR, 5, 32)
    DllStructSetData($tBIHDR, 6, 0)
    Local $aRet2 = DllCall("gdi32.dll", "ptr", "CreateDIBSection", "hwnd", 0, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tBIHDR), "uint", 0, "ptr*", 0, "ptr", 0, "dword", 0)
    If (Not @error) And ($aRet2[0]) Then
        DllCall("gdi32.dll", "dword", "SetBitmapBits", "ptr", $aRet2[0], "dword", $aRet1[2] * $aRet1[3] * 4, "ptr", DllStructGetData($tData, "Scan0"))
        $hRet = $aRet2[0]
    EndIf
    _GDIPlus_BitmapUnlockBits($hBitmap, $tData)
    Return $hRet
EndFunc   ;==>_BitmapCreateDIB

And an example:

#include "Notify_Mod.au3"

; Press ESC to exit script
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "On_Exit")

Global $fNot_1_Vis = True, $iBegin = 0

Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0)

$sAutoIt_Path = StringRegExpReplace(@AutoItExe, "(^.*)(.*)", "1")

; Register message for click event
_Notify_RegMsg()

; Set notification location
_Notify_Locate(0)

; Show notifications

; Set all values to default
_Notify_Set(Default)
_Notify_Show(@AutoItExe, "Not Clickable with EXE", "Retracts after 20 secs", 20, 0)

; Set Show time to 250 ms - note fast entry
_Notify_Set(0, 0xFF0000, 0xFFFF00, "Courier New", False, 250)
_Notify_Show(0, "Clickable", "Coloured - stays 40 secs if not clicked", 40)

_Notify_Set(4, 0x0000FF, 0xCCFFCC, "Arial") ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
_Notify_Show(0, "Clickable", "Only in margin until clicked - click again to retract", 50)

; Reset all values to default
_Notify_Set(Default)
_Notify_Show($sAutoIt_Path & "ExamplesGUITorus.png", "Clickable with PNG", "Reset to default colours")

; Change justification, colours, font, Reset mode to Slide and Show mode to "fade in" 1000ms
_Notify_Set(6, 0x0000FF, 0xCCCCFF, "Comic MS", True, -1000)  ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
_Notify_Show(48, "Not Clickable", "With an icon - stays 30 secs", 30, 0)

; Change them all again
_Notify_Set(0, Default, 0xCCFF00, "Arial", True, Default)
; This one is clickable, but will only remain in the margin until clicked
$hNot_1 = _Notify_Show(0, "", "No title so the message can span both lines without problem if it is long enough to need it")

; And again
_Notify_Set(0, Default, 0xFF80FF, "MS Comic Sans", True)  ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
; This one can only be retracted programatically 2 secs after the one above and will fade out, overriding the default setting
$hNot_2 = _Notify_Show(0, "Programmed Retract", "This will disappear 2 seconds after the 'No Title' one", 0, 0, Default, -1000)

While 1
    Sleep(10)
    If Not WinExists($hNot_1) And $fNot_1_Vis = True Then
        $iBegin = TimerInit()
        $fNot_1_Vis = False
    EndIf
    If $iBegin And TimerDiff($iBegin) > 2000 And WinExists($hNot_2) Then
        _Notify_Hide($hNot_2)
        $iBegin = 0
    EndIf
WEnd

Func On_Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc

Let me know how you get on. ;)

M23

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the update and reminder. I've been overloaded and have only been able to download your beta and run the example file. I'll have more time this weekend to give it a closer look. I will say that what I think I'll eventually need is some sort of Dismiss button, where the user can call up a message as often as they want and then cause it to disappear when they don't need it any more. But let me see what I can do with what you've provided.

I do appreciate your response to my original request. It's nice to have a popup message alternative that makes good use of screen space.

• 4 weeks later...

I found a small bug.

From the header for _Notify_Locate:

; Parameters ....: $iLocation - Start point and direction for Notifications

; 0 = Bottom right upwards (default)

And from the first line of the function itself:

Func _Notify_Locate($iLocation)

There's no default set in there, you have have to call the function with _Notify_Locate(some number) or it will fail. Simple change needed, Func _Notify_Locate($iLocation = 0) for it to have a default value, or the header info needs to be redone.

EDIT: I do realize you call the _Notify_Locate function at the start of the UDF itself with a 0 as the parameter, but reading the header one might assume that the 0 value is defaulted when using the function.

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Sorry to say, found another bug in there.

In the function _Notify_Show, where you call the _StringSize function, one of the parameters is wrong, so the title of the notifications are the wrong size. This is only noticable if you have a title longer than the message because part of the title is wrapped to the next line and the message text overlaps it. Below is the corrected line.

$aLabel_Pos = _StringSize($sTitle, 9, 800, Default, $aNotify_Settings[1][3]) ; This line is from the title section (Line 317), and the font weight was originally set to Default instead of bold

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

BrewManNH,

I have only just noticed your reports - thanks for taking the time to tell me. I will amend the UDF when I release the next version. ;)

M23

Spoiler

Glad I could be of help. This made a nice add on for my current pet media player project. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Could someone please tell me what I'm cofing wrong? All I want to do is for the application to echo $CmdLine[1] (command line argument) in the notification window.

Thanks in advance!

#include "Notify.au3"

If $CmdLine[0] > 0 Then
$Message=$CmdLine[1]
EndIf

$localappdata = EnvGet ("localappdata")
;$APPEXE = $localappdata & "ULStart.exe"
$APPEXE = @ScriptDir & "ULStart.exe"
Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0)

_Notify_RegMsg()
_Notify_Locate(0) ;
_Notify_Set(2, 0xFF9C18, 0x000073, "Comic MS")
_Notify_Show($APPEXE, "Title", $Message, 3, 5)

sleep(6000)
Edited by MKANET

to echo $CmdLine[1] (command line argument) in the notification window.

Enjoy:

#include "Notify.au3"
$Message = ""
for $i = 1 to $CmdLine[0]
$Message &= $CmdLine[$i] & " "
next
_Notify_RegMsg()
_Notify_Locate(0) ;
; Show notifications
_Notify_Set(2, 0xFF9C18, 0x000073, "Comic MS")
_Notify_Show(@AutoItExe, "Title", $Message, 3, 5)
sleep(6000)

The point of world view

Melba23 I really love this Notify UDF! I'm glad you asked me to check out the UDF's you created in your signature.

I know you probably thought of this already, but could you please add a fade in/fade out effect (just like how MS Outlook notify works)? I am guessing this would be relatively easy to do.

• Moderators

MKANET,

The beta version in this post already has a fade in/out option. You cannot get better service than that! ;)

M23

Spoiler

I'm not sure what is causing it, but I am using this UDF as a pop up notification for a media player and occasionally the Notification label text and background colors are being applied to one of the GUIs I have on my media player. It ony happened rarely, but I think it has something to do with the way I have the windows appearing/disappearing when the player is in use. I added a line "GUISwitch($hNotify_Handle )" just before the comment about creating labels in the _Notify_Show function and it seems to have eliminated the problem. Just thought you might want to know.

• Melba23 changed the title to Notify - New version 17 Mar 22