DCOM Automation

Robuis

I am very new to Autoit. My goal is to create a script that can do the following.

Set two local security policies. I got that working!

Add a local group, this I have working too!

Now what i need to do is four more things. I need to Edit limits in the dcomcnfg.exe my computer properties, Com Security tab, Access restrictions to allow "Remote access" to the Anonymous Log in user. Next add my custom user to the edit limits button for Launch and activaion permissions with local and remote launch and activation allowed.

The other two things I need to do is drill down the DCOM tree for my app and set Launch/Launch activation permissions and access permissions to custom and add my custom usergroup.

Can this be done? Where should I start?

I do not know the AutoIt specifics off the top of my head, but if your OS is Vista or higher, there are WMI methods to do this that I am pretty sure AutoIt can invoke. The WMI Win32_DCOMApplicationSetting class appears to be a place to start for this. The MSDN doc for it is here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa394118%28v=vs.85%29.aspx. I hope that helps at least with a start point.