Tidy is leaving half the functions un-folded

Hi,

It was suggested to me the other day that i should to update my AI so i did, nothing major to change in any of my scripts so i was happy with that :)

However i have noticed that when i run tidy now it tries to re-fold all my functions which is a great idea but im my case it leaves most of them open so i end up with some folded and others not folded.

I had a search and couldn't see if there's another version of tidy that im supposed to update with although wouldn't tidy have been installed with the SciTE update that i also did alongside the AI update?

The console output does list all the line numbers that should have been folded but it looks like it can only re-fold the ones that are viable on the screen because it stops folding them right at the bottom just off the screen.

Its not doing anything untoward with the code so its no problem but i assume it was meant as a "click" saver i.e. saves me having to click toggle all folds after using it but as it is now i have to click toggle all folds twice ^^

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Cheers.

SciTE Version 2.28

AI Version v3.3.8.0

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

JD's Auto Internet Speed Tester

JD's Clip Catch (With Screen Shot Helper)

Projects :- AutoIt - My projects

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. :-D

• Developers

Give the current Beta version of Tidy a try.

It indeed looks like the LUA FoldLine command didn't work unless first jumping to the line, so added a LUA GotoLine() before doing the FoldLIne command.

Thanks,

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

sorry but that dident work :) it lists all the line numbers that should be folded properly just unfortunately don't want to fold beneath the screen.

is it working ok for yourself with lots of functions ? wondering if its just me , wouldn't be to surprised ^^

Just tested a little more and iv spotted that it only happens when the script is scrolled right to the top before i tidy. If i scroll down some before doing the tidy it works.

Still testing to try and see if its the position of the cursor or how far down it needs to be scrolled ... I'll let you know if i find anything concrete.

Thx.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

• Developers

I tested with the AutoIt3Wrapper source and was able to replicate the issue you reported.

With the latest change, i haven't been able to make it fail so let me know when you have a scenario for me to demostrate the issue.

thanks

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I was able to make it fail as well.

Added a little sleep between the GotoLine and FoldLine which corrected it for me....

Try the current one in Beta to see if that works for you.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Yea sorry, was just me being very tired after a long night up coding , (dont know why i do it really)

I have now replaced with your new version and yes it does work fine , (i shall not say what i did exactly you'll just laugh)

many thx for the rapid fix , nice work :)

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

• Developers

Made some more updates to Tidy and added some variable pause depending on the number of lines it need to jump to as that seems to be the issue with the ToggleFold() command.

Try the latest beta to see if that still/better works for you.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

just tried your improvement and i can safely say that for me that works a treat :)

excellent work not just with the quick fix for this problem but with tidy altogether. I use it many times a day so many thx for this.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.