Searching for text in an image?

Hello everyone, I am trying to make a script which will search for text in a given area, and retype that text in a box. The text is very simple because it is not a capatcha.

The text is not in a gui, it is in a webbrower. Length of words varies, and speed is somewhat vital.

EDIT: The text is in an image, NOT actual text.

Edited by PyroGoD

• Developers

Probably know the answer already but: This is totally unrelated to your previous closed topic?

If so, what is it your are trying to "read"?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Probably know the answer already but: This is totally unrelated to your previous closed topic?

If so, what is it your are trying to "read"?

Jos

Yes it is unrelated to my other topic :)

I'm trying to read the text of images, as a friend has bet that I cannot get the text written down of 50,000 images he sent me within a week.. each one is just a plain word. PS. I have $1000 on the line ;)

Edited by PyroGoD

Let me get this straight: You want to know how to read pictures to see of they have words in then, just like if you are dealing with a captcha, right?

Yes, but it isnt trying to be hidden like a capatcha, the letters are clear.

Considering there is other software out there that can do this out of the can why do you need to reinvent the wheel? Your $1000 reason isn't even close to being a reason. You already had one topic locked for you wanted to bot a game. I believe this question you have is for the same reason - to read text in a game window. Now, how about you prove me wrong and provide a screenshot of the application you are dealing with.

Edited by MPH

Considering there is other software out there that can do this out of the can why do you need to reinvent the wheel? Your $1000 reason isn't even close to being a reason. You already had one topic locked for you wanted to bot a game. I believe this question you have is for the same reason - to read text in a game window. Now, how about you prove me wrong and provide a screenshot of the application you are dealing with.

There is no application.. it is literally a folder with 50,000 images of plain text.. What the hell kinda game would even need you to detect words quickly O.O

• Moderators

PyroGoD,

To stop this exchange going on for ever, please just post one of the 50,000 images. It might even give someone an idea of how to help you. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

PyroGoD,

You might like to look at the Tesseract UDF - it seems to be the favourite for this sort of thing. ;)

But as you will be using it a lot, please make sure you read my post at the end of the thread about fixing a memory leak. :D

M23

P.S. And when you win the $1000, how about a donation to AutoIt to help keep the site going? :)

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

PyroGoD,

You might like to look at the Tesseract UDF - it seems to be the favourite for this sort of thing. ;)

But as you will be using it a lot, please make sure you read my post at the end of the thread about fixing a memory leak. :)

M23

P.S. And when you win the $1000, how about a donation to AutoIt to help keep the site going? :)

If I win, I'll gladly donate as there's no chance I could with without help on this script, thanks :D

There is no post about memory leaks? :S

Edited by PyroGoD

• Developers

If I win, I'll gladly donate as there's no chance I could with without help on this script, thanks :)

There is no post about memory leaks? :S

Yes there is... go to the very end of the thread.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Yes there is... go to the very end of the thread.

Sorry.. I thought he meant this thread :)

Edit: Ok, I've installed Tesseract, and also downloaded the required files.. although I have no clue how I can use it.. I google'd a bit and didn't find much that made any sense to me ;)

Edited by PyroGoD