SciTE Hopper v1.0.5.7 : Jump to any line by one click ! Update of 07 Dec 2017

wakillon

Can't help but feeling a little confused ... although a little Jump versus Hop competition might not be a bad thing. :)

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Great idea, could be really handy for scripts with very many func's,

however on testing with many functions (at least 300) it seems to have a good few bugs :-/

It jumps to the wrong function quite often, it unfolds a random amount of functions above and below it.

If i set it to not unfold the jumped to func it looks like it get the right func (more often) but still decides to unfold other functions below.

If i set it to set selected func to the top of the scite window it more often than not fails (dont put func to top) and again decideds to unfold some other functions below it

Its a great idea, I would use it nearly all the time, just needs a little tweaking.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

JD's Auto Internet Speed Tester

JD's Clip Catch (With Screen Shot Helper)

Projects :- AutoIt - My projects

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. :-D

wakillon,

I've already discussed with JackDinn about this, but it isn't a bug, it's the default behaviour of SciTE. To test select View >> Toggle All Folds and then use 'search and replace' the same behaviour is replicated. Of course if you can find a workaround all the better.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Can't help but feeling a little confused ... although a little Jump versus Hop competition might not be a bad thing. :)

Try both and do your choice !

But once again i'm open to all interesting suggestions ! :)

Great idea, could be really handy for scripts with very many func's,

however on testing with many functions (at least 300) it seems to have a good few bugs :-/

It jumps to the wrong function quite often, it unfolds a random amount of functions above and below it.

If i set it to not unfold the jumped to func it looks like it get the right func (more often) but still decides to unfold other functions below.

If i set it to set selected func to the top of the scite window it more often than not fails (dont put func to top) and again decideds to unfold some other functions below it

Its a great idea, I would use it nearly all the time, just needs a little tweaking.

Folded or not folded in SciTE Editor, SciTE Hopper will Always show the clicked function.

I mean that the start of this function will be visible, not that cursor will be exactly on it.

I use WinAPIEx.au3 ( with more than 800 functions, Folded or not folded ) for my tests with always good results.

I do not say it's displayed with precision, but start of function is well showed ( with or without top setting ).

Don't forget that script file must be saved for SciTE Hopper detects changes since the last backup and be fully effective.

Thanks for feedback. ;)

wakillon,

I've already discussed with JackDinn about this, but it isn't a bug, it's the default behaviour of SciTE. To test select View >> Toggle All Folds and then use 'search and replace' the same behaviour is replicated. Of course if you can find a workaround all the better.

You're right, until we don't find a way for set precisely the first "visible" line in SciTE Editor, we can only adapt to its default behavior. :D

( Problem solved on 32 bit )

Edited by wakillon

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

• 2 weeks later...

You're right, until we don't find a way for set precisely the first "visible" line in SciTE Editor, we can only adapt to its default behavior. :)

( Problem solved )

The problem is still present in your latest version.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

I tried on Windows 7 x64.

UDF List:

I can't actually test on Windows 7 x64 but i can say it works well on Seven 32 bit !

I'm working to an update with new functionalities, so if you find the cause of this problem don't hesitate to say me !

Which function doesn't work correctly ? :)

Which function doesn't work correctly?

It's not a specific function, just how SciTE works. But if it works on 7 x32 then great.

Edit: I'll see if I can find a workaround and get back to you if I do.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

wakillon

SciTE Hopper Options > Other > Automatically Expand TreeView

Better to do auto-save state when Collapse and Expand. Separately for each section

----------

Go to the center can be calculated. We must get the current position. Then calculate the number of rows in front of the function. Make adjustments depending on jump up and down. The correction depends on the height of the window and the number of visible rows. I for Notepad++ did.

It's not a specific function, just how SciTE works. But if it works on 7 x32 then great.

Edit: I'll see if I can find a workaround and get back to you if I do.

Thanks !

I, who was reluctant to upgrade to Windows Seven 64 bit, that does not motivate me ! :)

Is there a 64 bit SciTE version ?

I use SciTE4AutoIt which is 32-bit. It's not about the architecture, just ask JackDinn if it's fixed.

UDF List:

wakillon

SciTE Hopper Options > Other > Automatically Expand TreeView

Better to do auto-save state when Collapse and Expand. Separately for each section

----------

Go to the center can be calculated. We must get the current position. Then calculate the number of rows in front of the function. Make adjustments depending on jump up and down. The correction depends on the height of the window and the number of visible rows. I for Notepad++ did.

So, if i well understand, you would like another options setting for collapse and expand :

one for Regions and another for Functions.

Good idea !

And it already goes to the center, when using go to line button :)

wakillon,

I don't know if you knew but for creating headers you can jump to the function line and then use >>_SciTE_Send_Command("YOURHWND", "SCITEDIRECTORHWND, "menucommand:1134")

UDF List:

wakillon,

I don't know if you knew but for creating headers you can jump to the function line and then use >>_SciTE_Send_Command("YOURHWND", "SCITEDIRECTORHWND, "menucommand:1134")

It's in au3.properties, command 34 (IDM_TOOLS+34)

It can be desactived in SciTE Config Tools Selection Tab.

It's also accessible in Tools Menu (Ctrl+Alt+H).

I wanted to insert a header you can personalyze as you want without modify SciTE Config.

Talking about SciTE Config, i meet a bug.

When i click on Check for SciTEAutoit3 Updates It return "No updates available"

So i click on Ok button and it open The SelectColor gui... :)

May be already reported ? ;)