'C:\program' is not recognized

DavB

Hi there,

I just downloaded and installed AutoIt (X86 Version) on my windows 7 system, opened a good script developed on my XP system, did >tools>go and received the following error:

>C:\program files\autoit3\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\Dave\Desktop\Login.au3"

'C:\program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

>Exit code: 1 Time: 0.667

I searched the forum archive and got a hit on this error (for SciTE3), which said something about putting double quotes around #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Before= " " (search on #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Before Problems?!? in general help if you want to see it)

Does this still apply to SciTE4? Would it fix my problem? And, if so, would someone be kind enough to step by step me through this?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi and Welcome to the forums!!

You should install SciTE4AutoIt3, it doesn't have this problem. Also, it's a superior editor. Brings lots of tools and goodies.

I did have SciTE4 installed. I suppose I could re-install it, but I think you assumed I had SciTE3 installed (my reference to SciTE3 was to indicate that the 2007 post I refered to was regarding SciTE3).

Thanks,

Dave

• Developers

Extras - SciTe-Config - Generell Settings - AutoIt3 Directory settings:

change the path there.

Edith said: just seconds to late ...

That PAth setting is for extra personal include directories. :)

It wouldn't have worked as I knew the OP was running the SciTE-Lite that comes with the current AutoIt3 installer. I have changed/fixedd that for the next release.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just reinstall the latest SciTE4AutoIt3 installer to fix this issue.

Jos

Jos, Autoit v3061 and sciTE-lite compiled fine if Autoit was inistalled on a drive other then C (e.g. D:program filesautoit3). However, Autoit v3080 and sciTE-lite generate an error because I believe that sciTE is looking for aut2exe.exe on the C drive. However, it is actually on the D drive (D:program filesautoit3aut2exeaut2exe.exe). I ran SciteConfig.exe and it shows the correct path on the D: drive for aut2exe.exe. Is there another place I should be looking for the C:program files reference? Error below.

>C:program filesautoit3aut2exeaut2exe.exe /in "G:AU3Testtest92.au3"

'C:program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

>Exit code: 1 Time: 0.564

Jos is aware, he also provided a solution >>

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Is there another place I should be looking for the C:program files reference? Error below.

No there isn't. As has been written many times over the last few weeks (including this and the other thread you was linked to) you need to install SciTE4AutoIt3 as that doesn't have this problem.

The lite version has been fixed but there's no knowing when the next version of AutoIt is released. Besides, you would want SciTE4AutoIt3 in any case, the improvements are massive. Just try it, you will never use the lite version again.

• Developers

I have made the new scite lite available when you prefer to just use that.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/SciTE-Lite/SciTE.exe

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

No there isn't. As has been written many times over the last few weeks (including this and the other thread you was linked to) you need to install SciTE4AutoIt3 as that doesn't have this problem.

The lite version has been fixed but there's no knowing when the next version of AutoIt is released. Besides, you would want SciTE4AutoIt3 in any case, the improvements are massive. Just try it, you will never use the lite version again.

Thanks for the info. Jos's fix (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scit.../beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/SciTE-Lite) to the lite version corrected the issue and works as it did in previous versions. My issue with installing SciTE4AutoIt3 is that it forces sciTE to be installed in C:program files, which is not reasonable. All my application are installed in D:program files. Software should be smart enough to be able to handle different installation locations even if it means an extra config file.

• Developers

My issue with installing SciTE4AutoIt3 is that it forces sciTE to be installed in C:program files, which is not reasonable. All my application are installed in D:program files. Software should be smart enough to be able to handle different installation locations even if it means an extra config file.

Are you sure about that?

As far as I know I have the SciTE4AutoIT3 installer retrieve the AutoIt3 installdir from the Registry and make SciTE a subdir of the found directory.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Are you sure about that?

As far as I know I have the SciTE4AutoIT3 installer retrieve the AutoIt3 installdir from the Registry and make SciTE a subdir of the found directory.

If the zip files are used to manually install (copy) AutoIT and SciTE, the registry will not be updated. If the registry is not updated, the SciTE installer will not even run.

• Developers

If the zip files are used to manually install (copy) AutoIT and SciTE, the registry will not be updated. If the registry is not updated, the SciTE installer will not even run.

When you use the ZIP file for AutoIt3 you should also use the ZIP file for ScITE4AutoIt3 and you are supposed to understand what you are doing. :)

When you use the latest ZIP version, my guess is it will work fine as long as you install it as a subdirectory called SciTE in the AutoIt3 program directory.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

...you are supposed to understand what you are doing.

I quite agree. If you want to make it Portable then have a look at the

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018