So New in Autoit :| I really need some experts support..

Hi there mates, just bump autoit software yesterday, and its really cool as i have seen all the examples and helpfile but I really need a help from you guys we were developing a project (our final project for us to graduate in college), its a auto door locker using a PC and ethernet connection, and i found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onJsLAlO78A video yesterday that's is the same project we want, having an output on arduino using TCP/IP ethernet shield and some controls having GUI which is made up of autoit (coz what i had saw in that video was really cool simple GUI but rocks!), thanks for the helpful mind and person who will bump into this topic, ill provide more info's if needed :), i hope someone will help us to pursue our project ;) have a nice day mates :D Edited by ronron18

Do you know how to code for Arduino? Don't you need C for that or are there other languages? Do you have an Arduino assembled and ready to go and so you just need a GUI and some TCP stuff?

I'm hoping he only needs help with the autoit portion. Otherwise why post here? Do you have anything written yet thats not working and need help with?

Well, I don't know anything about arduino or communicating with hardware. Sorry. I just wanted to get more info so other people more competant than me could help. :)

In the end I could do it but I'd need a lot of info and you don't have an arduino ready. It would take a lot of back and forth testing and blah blah blah.

Edited by LaCastiglione

I love stuff like this. Do you have a link to the arduino functions you will be using to send commands to autoit? Also have you done anything yet as far as autoit goes? Actually receviving/sending the data from the arduino will be the only challenging part. Its down hill from there. Setting up the gui and everything will be cake.

@mr. begee, we decided that I will (disregarding my groupmates decision coz were having a real hard time so I'll find my own way if they fail in ethernet shield ), i'll just focus on arduino (and we will just use USB cable for it :)) since i had saw some few codes of it and still mastering every function of it, here's the link sir :)http://www.signa5.com/?p=103 , also here http://www.signa5.com/?p=57 , im really sorry if im a newbie, yes im a newbie to arduino and autoit, coz i study about networking and system maintenance (this thing out of my job ;)) so thanks in advance for helping ;)

@Dana, the autoit part will be controlling the arduino on/off switch, the GUI I think you have more brighter IDEA than me ;), just a newbie here btw thanks :D

@LaCastiglione LoL, but that would be nice! :guitar:

I see that you're anding lt with i in your for statement. What is lt and why and it to i?

for(int i = 0; i & lt; PIN_MAX; i++)

EDIT: Oops, I thought you authored that blog post. My bad.

Edited by LaCastiglione

this is what our project will look like :)

basically, the codes of autoit in that vid was very long hhmm and he let me see some analogread($pin) blah blah, dont know whats that :D, but if you can help me or you can provide me that codes , I will be happy for most of my life ;) thanks (and i cant understand him :) ) Edited by ronron18