Cant test scripts, need help.

Ngibb94

I try to press F5 to test the script while in the editor but at the bottom of the screen it gives me this:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Documents and Settings\pc1\My Documents\Script Prac\Lesson 4.au3" /UserParams

+>18:29:29 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.8 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3 CPU:X64 OS:X86)

! Unable to determine the location of the AutoIt3 program directory!

>Exit code: 0 Time: 0.390

Also when I try to run a script from Windows Explorer it asks what program I want to use to open/run the script with?

Kudos and street cred to who ever can help me.

Thanks.

Install the full version of SciTE4AutoIt3 that should fix the problem.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Did you install AutoIt3 using the installer or did you use the Zip file? If you used the Zip file, then you're going to have issues running the scripts. I'd also try uninstalling/reinstalling to see if that fixes it. Other than that, I'll have to leave it to the experts as to what is going on with your installation.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

You unistalled everything? Autoit and Scite. Then reinstalled Autoit, and the full version of scite right after?

What is the directory your autoit is currently installed in? Im curious to know where the autowrapper.exe is on your pc.

I am refering to Autoitv3 which comes with a small cut down version of scite not to be confused with the full version.

Then there is the full version Scite4AutoIt , same one you just pointed to. Uninstall both. After that install autoit. then scite4autoit.

It worked!

Thank you very much Mr Beege, you are a scholar and gentleman.

You welcome. And crazy you called me "Mr". Never has that happened and I just had it happen :)

I'm tring to figure out how this happened because Ive seen it before. By chance were you updating when this happened? or was this a new install?