Need to Import a Trusted Site Certificate into Internet Explorer

rsh

I have a valid certificate that I need to have AutoIt register in Internet Explorer.

It appears I need to register it in the following areas:

Internet Options > Content > Certificates > Personal

Internet Options > Content > Certificates > Intermediate Certification Authorities

Internet Options > Content > Certificates > Trusted Root Certification Authorities

Internet Options > Content > Certificates > Trusted Publishers

I have no idea how to go about this...I would greatly appreciate any examples.

Ron

I have a valid certificate that I need to have AutoIt register in Internet Explorer.

It appears I need to register it in the following areas:

Internet Options > Content > Certificates > Personal

Internet Options > Content > Certificates > Intermediate Certification Authorities

Internet Options > Content > Certificates > Trusted Root Certification Authorities

Internet Options > Content > Certificates > Trusted Publishers

I have no idea how to go about this...I would greatly appreciate any examples.

Ron

It can be, and has been done, but I am hesitant to give that out since there are far more nefarious reasons to do this than good.

If you have a valid need for this, I would start looking at Microsoft's support site and make sure you understand how the certificates work as well as how to import them.

Your blanket registration need, as stated above, leaves me worried that you either don't understand certificates, or have less than benevolent purposes.

Fair enough.

I assure you this is on the up and up. My client has drug testing machines that use Microsoft XP as an OS. They have recently changed from using the Microsoft JVM to the Sun JVM. I have the applets rebuilt and modified the code appropriately. My issue is that they need to do a mass deploy of the installation to all of their remote sites. We chose AutoIt to do all of the Java Install and had to modify several registry settings to not AutoUpdate etc. The last problem they are having is that the clinics are receiving a dialog box promting them to select a certificate, which they have, but they are concerned that the clinic technicians will not know what to do.

So my thought was to, as part of the install, import their key onto the machine, which should eliminate prompting the user. I have tried researching this, but I am comping up empty.

Would it be possible to email me and we can discuss it? I can give you personal information regarding the useage.

rs_herhuth(at)yahoo.com

Im really in a bind here, Thanks!

I'll send you an email tonight. If you can send me your code for what you are doing for me to review, I will consider helping you out.

You understand the major security issues this could bring up.

• Moderators

rsh,

I agree with willichan. This sort of thing should not be explained in open forum.

If he is happy to help you privately that is his decision. If not, please do not start another thread on the same subject. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area