Missing autoitx3.lib?

sayonarap

Hi, I'm using Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition (C++ to be exact) and trying to follow this thread:

However, I can't see any 'autoitx3.lib' in the AutoItX folder. Only the .h, the .dll files (and main.cpp file inside the example folder, of course).

Am I missing something? I've found that previous versions (let's say 3.1.1.0) actually have the file. Should I use that version, better? Or is the lib included in other files in some way with newer AutoIt versions?

Thanks in advance.

It's in the folder ..AutoIt3AutoItXStandardDLLVC6

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

Not, it isn't :S

I've tried a lot of versions and the last one where I can find the .lib file is 3.2.0.1. Maybe it's a problem with the newer zipped versions.

The 3.2.0.1 zipped version is just that: a zip file.

The 3.3.8.0 zipped version is a 7z autoextracting exe. Can this be the problem? I don't like to use the installer because it registers the dll and I'm also doing some tests with VB and would like to use the DLL itself, not the COM control.

I can't get AutoIt to work with either VC++ or VB, using Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition.

The matter is that I don't know how to do that ;)

Whatever I try, it ends with an epic fail XD

I would like to use the dynamic DLL way. Since the COM will require my future users to manually register the autoitx3.dll library, isn't it? Or make a install wizard what do it. I would like to avoid it.

I tried to directly import the DLL as a reference (Project -> Add reference) but I get a "unregistered COM" error. I used Google to look for "vc++ use external dll" and similar but... nothing yet. I'm now trying to follow this:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/DLL/XDllPt1.aspx

What part? Number 4? (Loading a C++ DLL dynamically from a VC++ application) Is autoitx3.dll a C++ DLL or it's in another language? Or it doesn't matter?

I'm so lost... :)