SciTE v 3.20 Beta available

Jos

• Developers

Ah hah, I thought you were being serious about wanting a snippet. :)

I was till I found out in your second post you were using this new function... sorry about that .

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Uploaded a new version of SciTE.exe & scilexer.dll 3.02. This set contains the same changes as the latest Beta SciTE 2.28:

I have update the Current available Beta SciTE v2.28, SciLexer and SciTEGlobal.properties to enable the fold.highlight and us RED for that.

Also changed the closing fold level to be consistent meaning it will fold to a single line and not showing the last statement for any fold block.

I am considering to add an extra option to support the old folding in case there are many that would like to see that option.

I have been doing a lot of changes to the Folding logic including folding inside comments so let me know when there are issue.

Remark: The folding in commentblock doesn't support all folding since a part of the logic is basic on the lexer keyword detection which doesn't work in commentblock as that is all marked a comment.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I Really think that the only that's missing from Scite is a project manager!

I use Programmer's Notepad ONLY for it's good Project Manager.

Would it be possible to add a project manager, just like SciteJump or Function Popup???

Thanks

Write and maintain a stable Project Manager and it will be added I think :)

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

• Developers

Finally about the inline errors. Those are implemented via something called Annotations. It may be something that can be done via Lua. Also I've discovered that there is a menu command (Tools -> Next Message) that will automatically jump to a message (moves the cursor, boo) and show the inline errors (yay). It may be possible to do something like wrap invoking Au3Check in Lua so that we can do fun things like automatically show the inline errors after running Au3Check as well as automatically clearing orphaned errors by just running Au3Check cleanly. It may also be possible to save/restore the current position so it's a little less annoying.

This can be done via LUA by using OnUpdateUI(). It will require some proper testing to ensure it won't be constantly lexing the output shown in the Outputpane.

Just for having a play with this I started to add some Annotations logic in AutoIt3Wrapper, were I capture the au3check output.

I am not so sure this is really going to improve things but got some basics working.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

If I type IfThen in SciTE then it will become red and I cannot be modified only delete any character.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

• Developers

If I type IfThen in SciTE then it will become red and I cannot be modified only delete any character.

Type IfThen and hit Space ..... the abbrev magic should happen. :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ahhhhh, that's really magic. :)

THANKS!

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

• Developers

Ahhhhh, that's really magic. :)

There is a real nice long list of implemented Abbreviations which can be found in the SciTE4AutoIt3 helpfile.

It is one of those features that probably many aren't aware of its existence.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I had a quick look to the abbreviations and found really nice features.

Now I've to remember all the abbreviations and use it when typing some code lines.

Very useful!

Br,

UEZ

This can be done via LUA by using OnUpdateUI(). It will require some proper testing to ensure it won't be constantly lexing the output shown in the Outputpane.

Just for having a play with this I started to add some Annotations logic in AutoIt3Wrapper, were I capture the au3check output.

I am not so sure this is really going to improve things but got some basics working.

Jos, right now I'm more interested in understanding why warnings are not showing up styled correctly. Errors work fine but not warnings. I don't know if it's a SciTE bug or if it doesn't like how Au3Check formats it's warnings. Sort that out and then I can think up something on how to get the inline errors to show up when desired.

• Developers

Jos, right now I'm more interested in understanding why warnings are not showing up styled correctly. Errors work fine but not warnings. I don't know if it's a SciTE bug or if it doesn't like how Au3Check formats it's warnings. Sort that out and then I can think up something on how to get the inline errors to show up when desired.

Warnings are being shown with the same color as Errors for me.

Do you have an example where it doesn't work so I can check if it has something to do with the lexing?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

I have just reinstalled v3.3.8.0 and SciTE4AutoIt3 (including the 3.02 beta) and I seem to have lost a lot of your "magic". Abbreviations no longer colour and can only be expanded by Ctrl-B and not SPACE; the colours no longer work in the lower pane:

ConsoleWrite('! = Bold Red' & @LF)
ConsoleWrite('> = Blue' & @LF)
ConsoleWrite('- = Orange' & @LF)
ConsoleWrite('+ = Green' & @LF)
ConsoleWrite('(5) : = Red (jump to line 5 when double-clicked)' & @LF)
ConsoleWrite('Start with String or Integer then ' & @TAB & '6' & ' = Pink (jump to line 6 when double-clicked)' & @LF)
ConsoleWrite('(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : = Red (jump to line ' & @ScriptLineNumber & ' when double-clicked)' & @CRLF)

The "jump to line" still works, but it is all mono-chrome.

What have I done - and how do I get it back! :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

Here's what I came up with:

error.inline=1
style.error.1=fore:#FF0000,back:#FFFF00
style.error.2=fore:FFFFFF,back:#FF0000

However, there's a bug either with the error.inline feature or with Au3Check. It detects error messages just fine. It draws the line with a red background and white text. It does not detect warnings, though. It draws those in the style.error.0 style instead of style.error.1.

Note: To see this feature in action insert some errors into a script and then run Au3Check. After it is complete double-click on an error line in the output pane and you should see all the errors show up inline with the document as well.

Edit: Wow the feature needs work. My expected behavior is for the errors to show up after running Au3Check. I also expect re-running Au3Check to clear the errors. Doesn't happen. Instead it's possible to get stuck with an orphaned error in the document which won't go away even though the code has been fixed.

Look at this and this is indeed a nice option.

Need to check for a better way to clear the errors because clearing all bookmarks is not a real good option.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Warnings are being shown with the same color as Errors for me.

Do you have an example where it doesn't work so I can check if it has something to do with the lexing?

Actually it's probably using style.error.0 which is the default style. Make sure you set up style.error.0, style.error.1 and style.error.2 with unique colors so you can tell them apart. Then test with the following code which produces 1 warning and 2 errors:

If $var = "" Then ConsoleWrite("Error")

Error()

Right now all I'm seeing are lines styled with style.error.0. It seems to be ignoring style.error.1 and style.error.2 (I thought I had style.error.2 working a few days ago).

Edited by Valik
Fixed incorrect property name.

• Developers

What have I done - and how do I get it back! :)

Sounds like you are still using the LITE version...

check your properties files if they are all still in order.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos, did you update SciTEGlobal.properties in the SciTE 3.02 folder too?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Developers

[/autoit]

Right now all I'm seeing are lines styled with style.error.0. It seems to be ignoring style.error.1 and style.error.2 (I thought I had style.error.2 working a few days ago).

Looks like we need to change the warning and error messages to lowercase to make it work.

Just update the outputpane messages to lowercase and double click them again... they change then to the correct color.

Did a quick update of the au3check and that looks better. uploaded a copy to the SciTE beta directory (not updated the version yet)

Need to check for a better way to clear the errors because clearing all bookmarks is not a real good option.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Jos, did you update SciTEGlobal.properties in the SciTE 3.02 folder too?

Guess this is rhetorical :)

Fixed that one as well.

Thanks

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

You're welcome.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018