help with GUI question

I am trying to make a GUI that can interact with severa programs at once to enter data. With text editors I can't get the word editting functions to work the same so I would like to know if it is possible to compile source code from an opensource text editor to get the same properties within my gui?

If you mean what I think you mean - rather than automate the apps, I would be inclined to copy all of the text from the editior(s) and manipulate the text using AutoIt functions. Then replace the modified text. What you suggest - copying the behaviour of different text editors - could be rather a tricky job.

Edited by czardas

So what you are suggesting is that instead of persay using AutoIt to click the buttons to perform tasks just write the same modification tasks out in AutoIt ? I am more using multiple computers to perform individual parts of the same task. For an example using 4 desktops first one compiles the data once its done second one encrypts the data and the third one compresses the data fourth one wipes the origonal file. I'm converting several hundred terabytes of data at around 60 GB every 10 hours without automation for the full process. I want to automate this task as well as the file naming process at the same time. Their in order and I have text file with the names but I haven't learned how to pull them name the file and move on to the next one AutoIt always gets to far ahead of my conversion process.

Any help ?