Send Keys Language problem?

sebgg

Hi,

So send on some non-english language keyboards/computers is sending strange things,

for example

send("_") sends the number 8 not an undrscore etc,

also sending send ("180") sends instead &_à where ona french keyboard the followign is true

& é " ' ( - è _ ç à )

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 °

had a search counldnt find an example - anyone know a fix to this? would sending the ascii code help?

cheers,

Seb.

Edited by sebgg
GC - Program to rapidly manipulate DNA SequencesRotaMol - Program to measure Protein Size

What language are you talking about?

According to the help file: "To send UNICODE characters you must use the "ASC" option"

Could you try:

Send("_", 1)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

What language are you talking about?

According to the help file: "To send UNICODE characters you must use the "ASC" option"

Could you try:

Send("_", 1)

thanks very much for the fast reply, I shall give this a try.

cheers,

Seb

GC - Program to rapidly manipulate DNA SequencesRotaMol - Program to measure Protein Size

According to Wikipedia the "8" and "_" are on the same key on a french keyboard.

Do you set the SendCapslockMode or send "{SHIFTDOWN}" somewhere in your script?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

According to Wikipedia the "8" and "_" are on the same key on a french keyboard.

Do you set the SendCapslockMode or send "{SHIFTDOWN}" somewhere in your script?

yeah its laid out as i edited in the first post, but no there is no shift down commands, (on my english keyboard/system its all works with the numbers and not the other corresponding characters that I have above my numbers.)

But I do know that on a french system, the number on the number keys is not the default option, and normally shift is needed to be pressed before they are sent. so maybe i need to add that before the send for any key that isnt a letter?

will give this a try next if the ,1) didnt fix it.

thanks again for all the help,

Seb.

In your AutoIt script you have to do exactly what you do when you type the text yourself.

So if you need to press Shift to get the "8" then you have to send "{Shift}" as well in your AutoIt script.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki