[Solved] - GUIRegisterMsg WM_SIZE run function after resize complete.

Hello everyone.

I want to run a function when a GUI window is resized. However, when I click to resize the GUI, before I actually drag the corner of the GUI it runs and prevents me from resizing the GUI. I was hoping that I would be able to make this message run once the GUI has finished running. Would this be possible?

Thanks

Edit

I have solved it. The answer:

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_RESIZED, 'WM_SIZE', $hWnd)
Edited by Mikeman27294
  • Moderators

Mikeman27294,

There is almost certainly a "finished resizing" message you can intercept - but you can easily do it with WM_SIZE in this way: :)

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

; Clear the flag
Global $fResized = False

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500, Default, Default, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_SIZEBOX))

GUISetState()

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SIZE, "_WM_SIZE")

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch

; If the flag is set
    If $fResized Then
        MsgBox(0, "Hi", "Now you can run your function")
        ; Clear the flag again
        $fResized = False
    EndIf

WEnd

Func _WM_SIZE($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

; Set the flag
    $fResized = True

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG

EndFunc   ;==>_WM_SIZE

Will that do? ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

Mikeman27294,

There is indeed a "finished resizing" message - and it is very easy to trap: :)

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

; Clear the flag
Global $fResized = False

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500, Default, Default, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_SIZEBOX))

GUISetState()

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $GUI_EVENT_RESIZED ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
            MsgBox(0, "Hi", "Now you can run your function")
    EndSwitch

WEnd

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Moderators

Mikeman27294,

Are you serious? :)

If you are already coding in OnEvent mode you must know how to trap GUI events - and this is an event just like $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE. What do you do to trap that? ;)

M23

Spoiler

GuiOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Exit")

I am still learning to trap messages. I have already learned a fair bit and have impressed myself with what I have learned so far (thankyou help file hahaha) but I was just having that 1 trouble and couldnt find anything in the windows messages lookup in the help file for it.

EDIT

Well I have figured it out. Thanks.

The answer is in the first post.

Edited by Mikeman27294
  • Moderators

Mikeman27294,

Good for you! :)

M23

Spoiler