ISN AutoIt Studio [old thread]

ISI360

If your are interested in testing, here is a link to a fixed exe: Click
Note: This new exe files are compiled with the brand new Autoit v3.3.14.4. I am not fully done with testing so far so be warned!
If it´s all ok i will release it in the next hotfix update release.

Edited by ISI360

Windows 7
Error encountered when starting a temp project.

auerror.png

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

No, thats the latest reliease from your site. Would you like for me to try with the test version?
I just tested it with the above linked executables as well, same problem. So this happens no matter the release.
I should probably make this clear, that error makes the program unusable until it is restarted. It just runs in a loop. I notice that it happens right after the tree object (top right) loads its contents.
Tree Object Loads > Error >Tree object refreshes and loads > error....
I recorded a video of it happening. Hope that helps.

Edited by Draygoes
Spoiler

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

Yeah this loop is caused by the crashing scripttree (Autoit_Studio_Helper.exe). ISN recognized the crash and restart the thread again.

Problem is, i can not reproduce this effect in my installation. (Testet with the version from my website) Works fine.
It would help me a lot if you download the source version from my website and run this. Then if the error happens again you should get a more detailed error message, witch helps me debugging.

I am not getting any error message at all when I run it from source. The tree does not load either. Unless I am running the wrong thing from source...
What is it supposed to look like?

Edited by Draygoes
Spoiler

Yeah, even when I compile it from source and move it into the program files (overwriting the original install) it works fine. That tree does not load though. Is it supposed to?

Spoiler

What´s your definition of "does not load"? The scripttree refreshes everytime you save a file, or press the refresh button in the right corner.
Have you tested the Testproject? Does this work? (If you don´t have it..you can create it under settings -> general -> advanced -> create testproject in project folder)

It seems to be a problem with my main system. I installed it in a VM and everything loaded correctly.

14 minutes ago, ISI360 said:

What´s your definition of "does not load"? The scripttree refreshes everytime you save a file, or press the refresh button in the right corner.
Have you tested the Testproject? Does this work? (If you don´t have it..you can create it under settings -> general -> advanced -> create testproject in project folder)

The scripttree does not show up at all on my main system.
Ok, is there a simple way to completely remove it before reinstall? I did a reinstall and the problem still exists.
Where does it place everything? I must be missing some files when I go to clean up after it.

Spoiler

Also, where do I get the Form Studio? I cannot seem to find it.
Found it. Sorry about that one...

Edited by Draygoes
Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Draygoes said:

Ok, is there a simple way to completely remove it before reinstall?

Depends on your install methode. If you chose protable you simply can remove the whole ISN autoit studio folder and you are good.
If you choose normal, you must remove the ISN Autoit Studio folder and your Data Directory. (You have choosen it in the first config)
Default is My Documents\ISN Autoit Studio
Warning: All you Projects will be in this folder too by default!

And you can access to the formstudio if you create a new ,isf file in your project. (File -> New file -> isf)
If you open the isf in the left project tree it should open it with the form studio. (see the testproject)

Excellent, thanks for the help.
This is an amazing project btw!!

Spoiler

So guys..This topic has grown since 2012 to over 50 (!!) pages yet!
Thanks for all your help and feedback!

To make a better overview to the whole stuff, i will create a new main thread for the ISN AutoIt Studio and we will close this one as an type of archive.

You can find the new thread here.

Edited by ISI360

• Jos locked this topic