ISN AutoIt Studio [old thread]

ISI360

Hi Folks!

Version 0.8 BETA of ISN AutoIt Studio is now finally online! ;)

Here is the changelog (powered by google translator :D :D):

-----------------------------------

-> ISN AutoIt Studio: <-

- Bugfix: Right click "Show in Explorer" in the root of the tree project will now work properly on the project folder

- Fix: Various GUI issues fixed

- Fix: ISN AutoIt Studio now works with AutoIt 3.3.8.0 or higher difficulty

- Fix: The project tree / tree script now keeps updating the elements "opened" were

- Fix: Many other bugfixes

- NEW: Redesigned menu structure

- NEW: Completely new and extended help file for ISN AutoIt studio is constantly expanding (but unfortunately only in German -> Search translator ^ ^!)

- NEW: The "script tree" can now be searched

- NEW: You can now start to select which monitor to ISN. Even a full-screen mode is now available (see Preferences -> Appearance)

- NEW: It is now also the default font sizes and colors including various adjustments are made for the ISN

- NEW: ISN AutoIt now has her own studio in the status bar messages and plug-ins can be displayed (-> Statusbar from ISN form from Studio 2)

- NEW: Skin Support (. Any msstyles file can be used (see Data skins), thx to Prog @ ndy!)

- NEW: It is now also same whole folder content (and subfolders) can be imported into a project (not just individual files)

- NEW (ISN AutoIt studio setup): ISN AutoIt Studio is now installed by default to "C: AutoIt ISN Studio" (With the old C: WINDOWS (or C: Program Files), there were problems with the User Account Control)

- NEW: As with any "major release" -> New Song credits :)

- NEW: files can now be imported via drag and drop

- NEW: You can now specify a proxy server for the web update / Issue Tracker

- NEW: New logo at startup

- NEW: New hotkeys (see Help)

- NEW: "Create New File" menu, revised

- NEW: The project tree and the tree now have a little script "title bar" -> When clicked, the project tree / script quickly a tree or be hidden to make more room for Coden release

- NEW: In project management, projects can now be imported and exported

- NEW: ISN AutoIt Studio projects can now be exported as an ISP file! Thus, a complete project to be easily distributed over the Internet (. Isp files can also be protected with a password!)

- NEW: "Create New Project" menu enhanced: now, projects that were created in other editors / IDEs are converted into a new project! (Also the root is preserved as you wish!)

- NEW: It can now be specified for testing parameters of the script! (F6, the project starts without parameters)

- NEW: Context menu in the Script Editor "embellished"

-> ISN Form Studio 2: <-

- Fix: Form with Tabs are now "more beautiful" translates into AutoIt code

- Fix: Fixed bug with missing Tabseiten

- Fix: Tabseiten can now be deleted without problems

- Bugfix: Various bug fixes

- NEW: extra code is inserted directly in the form designer active, and not only in testing the form

- NEW: Extra code now can ALWAYS control_handle with the variable $ ($ gui_handle with GUIs) to access control to the selected (the placeholder $ gui_handle control_handle / $ at the store is replaced by the 'real' handle)

- NEW: "soft buttons" added as a new Control (Requires Windows Vista or later.)

- NEW: IP address input field added as a new control

- NEW: Controls can now be changed by right clicking - are aligned> arrangement

- NEW: Individual controls can now hold down the CTRL key individually marked with the mouse

- NEW: ONLY THE TAB or a group box is moved ALONE be ALL the controls (can be deactivated again under Settings) are moved along with the tab / group field is

-> The update can be downloaded directly in the ISN or manually from my homepage!

Happy easter!

WOOT//

Dowloaded, Installed and playing with the latest & greatest, updated to V.0.8.(20120407). The Progress is EXCELLENT !!! The UI in english is quite servicable and I am having no issues finding my way around it and experimenting with it. The Help is still only in German but it's good solid progress. KUDO's on the screen designer, that is a pretty nice UI for it and very easy to layout screens, although I have not gotten very deeply into it "yet" LOL.

I happen to be using uskins.dll & msstyles for my own apps, so this happens to arrive at a perfect time ;) I'm using the one in the link below.

A couple of suggestions do come to mind, given that it happens to be something I am in the middle of working around in my own applications. As I said, I am also using USkin (which is by far the easiest system I have found) to skin my applications for an overall look & feel.

1) I am wondering if there would be any possible way that you could include a "Skin your Application" button in the form designer which could 'auto-include' the required skinning files with a Picker to select the skin(s) allowing people to have a simple way to skin an application they are developing.

2) Is there a way to either import a Koda KXF file (xml) or read in the #region ### START Koda GUI section ### from an exsisting AU3 file. If there is, I have been unable to locate it. But I believe this could be of great use to people wanting to move into a more comprehensive system such as this. I've used Koda a lot to design screens and get that setup, as I am sure that others have as well.

3) I have looked everywhere but cannot find an easy option to open a selected #Include, would this be possible with a Right Click on the Include File in the Scripttree ? "show comment, open element, open include"

Quick Observations (quirks / errors):

• If I select any skin to use with/on ISN Studio the screen flashes continually and it's very difficult if not impossible to use. I'm unsure as to what the differences are between the uskin edition I use in my apps versus the one from ProgAndy, they do appear to be the similar but not quite the same. I had a similar issue when I started using USKIN with constant screen flashes and with a little experimenting I got the flashing to stop. I am including the "Skin Loading" section I use in my scripts at the bottom for your interest, possibly the solution lies there & is simple to implement for ISN Studio.
  • Syntax Checker: I loaded one of my au3 scripts, which runs fine in scite & compiled. I do not have MustDeclareVariables set to true, but I do have my variables declared either as Local or Global as required & where appropriate. The ScriptTree shows the vars properly as defined but the Syntax Checker insists that "WARNING: $<varname>: possibly used before declaration." which is incorrect, as they are defined. Interestingly enough, the script still runs without issue or failure within ISN and compile without issue.
  • Cannot resize ISN, it is either Max Screen or windowed @ Max Screen size. I use a 28" screen @ 1920x1200 (i-inc iH282) because I have things open at one time while I am coding and it's easier to see what I'm doing. (I will not admit that my eyesight is worse than it was 40++ years ago but it is possible)
Skin Loading

#include "_UskinLibrary.au3"
_Uskin_LoadDLL()
#include ".USkinsVertigo.au3"                                    ; <-- This is an skin ".msstyles" embedded
_USkin_Init(@ScriptDir & "USkinsVertigo.msstyles")  ; <-- Put the msstyle here for your chosen Skin

Thanks for this EXCELLENT toolset... This makes life so much easier!!!

WhiteStar

~ WhiteStar Magic

Always tuned to http://www.superbluesradio.com/  Tune in at http://87.117.217.41:8036/

Thx for your feedback!

At this time you can not import .kxf files or regions from an au3 file into the isn form studio...but we are working on it! ;)

About the includes: Thats a very good idea! Will include it in the next versions...

And the skin problem: Normaly when you use USkin from progAndy and compile your script with UPX (option in the compiler) the skin flashes. Do you run the Source Version or the Compiled one?

Thanks for the speedy response.

My directives for compilling my app at this time are shown below. UPX has been a little frustrating with this.

There may be a solution here:

To be honest, I have been more concerned with the mechanics & functionality of my app for the moment and intend to revist the UPX compression with USkins issue likely by end of this long weekend. I also checked and we are both using the same uskin.DLL but I am not using ProgAndy's version but Usario's

#region
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=FSS-Alpha.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=.USkinsVertigo.msstyles
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=.USkin.dll
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=0      ;Compression parameter 0-4  0=Low 2=normal 4=High. Default=2
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUPX=N            ;(Y/N) Compress output program.  Default=Y
#endregion

I did discover another "buglet" with ISN.

When running a project from inside ISN with F5 key, the project runs fine but switching between tabs (my app uses Tabs extensively) the app looses focus and presents the ISN screen unless ISN it is minimized.

I have also not been able to locate where to set the Wrapper Directives, such as run Obfuscator, set UPX Compression levels etc... for compiling in ISN. I know this can be done manually but it is certainly a nice feature to have it in the UI with the Wrapper Directives.

Thanks again

WhiteStar

~ WhiteStar Magic

Always tuned to http://www.superbluesradio.com/  Tune in at http://87.117.217.41:8036/

I really like it, this looks extreemly complicated and runs pretty well for being an autoit script!

Only one problem, it keeps giving me an error regarding a badly formatted array subscript whenever I close a tab, don't know which line it is since no source is included.

@WhiteStar:

hmm..I could not yet reproduce the problem with the focus of your project. Please can you send me your project as an .isp file (Project manager -> Export project) if its ok for you?

And the thing with the AutoIt Wrapper is already on my to-do list... ;)

@ApudAngelorum

thx, but can you try the SOURCE version of ISN (you can download it from my homepage)? Then you should get an "better" error message wich helps me for debugging... thanks! :)

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but in the variables listings for Local variables, if I reuse a variable name in multiple functions, I can't get to the line that variable is in by double clicking it. It will only get to the very first instance of that variable name, in the first function it's used in. For example if I reuse the local variable name $Temp in several functions, and they're all listed on the right side treeview, if I click on the 2nd or above $Temp reference, it always jumps to the first reference.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• 3 weeks later...

I was having a prbolem with the initial settings dialog settings not being saved and the program crashing when I tried to open a new project. That was fixed by running the program as Administrator. It's really bad form to try to save things to Program Files because it is protected. Use the User profile directory like you are supposed to!

Edited by robinsiebler

-========Bug Report List========-

Form Maker

• When I tried renaming my page in the tab control (GUI) with the '&' character, say the tab name is "Login & Restart", it displays the new name as "Login_Restart."
  • Increasing the font size of a symbol (such as ™) in a group control will produce a black ▌.
  • Font size has to be changed by clicking the [...] instead of changing from the yellow dialog box.
  • After making a new page inside a tab, the controls from the first page overlaps instead of showing a blank page. Deleting them on the new page means it will be deleted from the first page as well.
The 4th bug just made me stop using it because I can't continue my project with the overlapping controls. No more bug reporting for now. Edited by Relive

@Relive:

1. The problem with the & char is very strange...the formstudio set it correctly to the tab (you can see it when you generate your GUI code) but Autoit doesn´t show it. I don´t know why....

2. Same as point 1. (?!?)

3. ...

4. If this happens you have not create your controls corectly in the tab. Always when you create an control into a tab, you MUST select the tab (or a control which is already in the tab)!! Then place the control in the tab. The control will bind to the current selected page of the tab. If you create your control on the wrong page you must delete it and place it again on the coprrect page. If the tab is not selected when you place a control in it the control will we drawn normaly in the GUI and overlaps the tab (or the pages)....

PS: The downloadfiles are not corrupted. I checked it several times...please try another browser or check your antivir software....

(Sry for my english ^^)

You need to add $SS_NOPREFIX to the style setting of any control that has "&" in its text field, otherwise AutoIt interprets it as the accelerator key symbol.

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Jos locked this topic