SciTe doesn't find D:\Program Files\AutoIt3 (it looks for it on Drive C:)

I would be very grateful for any help with this odd problem.

On a new computer, for complicated reasons, Windows XP is on Drive D:, and drive C: is a very small drive used only for boot.ini and other such files. (The complicated reasons are this: the machine came with Win7 preinstalled, together with a special partition used as a boot partition; when I installed XP on it for dual-booting, XP got installed on Drive D:, and the special partition got designated drive C: when seen by XP. Windows won't let me change these drive letters.)

I've set up the latest versions of AutoIt and SciTE4AutoIt3, as I always do on a new machine. When I open an .au3 file in the SciTE4AutoIt3 editor, and press F5 to run the script, I get this error message:

>C:program filesautoit3autoit3.exe "F:DropboxAutoItScriptsMyScript.au3"
'C:program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
>Exit code: 1   Time: 0.218

I would be grateful if anyone can tell me why SciTE4 is looking for autoit3.exe on drive C: instead of where it actually is, which is drive D - and what I might do to fix the problem. (By the way, I've searched the Registry, and AutoIt is correctly listed as being in drive D: in every entry. There is nothing in the registry that lists AutoIt as being on drive C:.)

Many thanks for any help.

EDIT: I was wrong - I had not set up the full version of SciTEAutoIt3 as I thought I had. After I actually installed the full version, the problem disappeared. Apologies for wasting bandwidth.

Edited by emendelson

Have you tried using SciTE4AutoIt3? As I presume you're using the SciTE Lite version bundled with AutoIt, which if I'm honest SciTE4AutoIt3 offers a ton of extra features.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Developers

This issue is fixed in the next version of scite lite, which comes with the autoit3 installer.

Eiher use the full scite installer or the update scite lite from beta: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/SciTE-Lite/SciTE.exe

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

This issue is fixed in the next version of scite lite, which comes with the autoit3 installer.

Eiher use the full scite installer or the update scite lite from beta: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scit.../beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/SciTE-Lite

Edit: Thank you! I was mistaken when I wrote that I used the full installer. I knew that the full installer was on the system, but I had forgotten that I hadn't actually installed it. As soon as I installed the full version, the problem went away.

Thanks again for responding with the solution. Sorry again for wasting people's time with a non-problem.

Edited by emendelson