[---] QT GUI Application automation (2)

MvGulik

Wonder if anyone might have some additional information about possible automating QT GUI's stuff. (other than the general pixel scanning stuff of course.)

+ related to autoit in some way. (or else it would be a Chat topic.)

That there is a way when there is a will is clear -> http://smartbear.com/products/qa-tools/automated-testing/testing-qt-apps/

See the demo for the app in action.

Thinking this is probably done with the help of some QT API. But than again, Don't know that much about QT.

... With all that Java (and other multi OS code/cross platform, etc) stuff, real win windows are getting rare. ;) ...

---

Test case finished successful.

Now the rest ... and I'm off hunting for a martian beagle, or 2.

... Well that what the plan ... :)

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Does help?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Note sure yet ... but will dig into it. Thanks.

(+adding 'QWidget' to my search parameters.)

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

Knock Knock ...

Lets drop this in before some def likes to have some fun.

Turns out Au3Info now also will give back information on Qt windows. :)

3.3.7.7 (31st May, 2011) (Beta)

Au3Info:

- Added: Option "Use Spy++ control detection logic" toggle added to Au3Info (this was the mode always used in recent

releases, but the very old method that used to be used is useful in certain applications (for example, putty.exe)

- Fixed #1746: Option "Use Spy++ control detection logic" toggle added to Au3Info.

@Water

I'm pretty sure now it helped. ;)

---

(If only all 'users' where that easy) ;)

Edited by MvGulik

Knock Knock ...

Glad to be of service :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Erm ... A correction and a word of warning here.

Don't know if this is just something related to the target app or just the Qt GUI.

But RanorexSpy seems to do something to the target App/GUI that also enables Au3info to read the Qt controls.

For AutoIt scripts this results in some commands also changing there output (Data / NoData). But not all.

Still a major speed bump I could have done without.

Nope, back at where I started. :)

---

Restart:

- "Qt accessibility" ...

- "Microsoft Active Accessibility" ...

- interface-autoitobject-iuiautomation ...

- Au3info returning Qt GUI data again after after running junkew's code.

- ... (more reading todo)

- ... Bah, Know that with 'uiautomationcore.dll' and/or 'Oleacc.dll' there is a solution. But wrapping my head around this stuff ... ;)

Edited by MvGulik

Knock Knock ...

• 3 weeks later...

Nope ... Project kinda stalled on the general complexity (to me) of the code in interface-autoitobject-iuiautomation ... O well.

Knock Knock ...

• 2 weeks later...

Tackle: Automation-control (read+write) of the program HiView.

The "once you get the logic behind it" part was/is kinda eluding me. Or at least that's what its feels like.

To more specific on what part(s) I get hangup I probably should take a other look/try at it. Bottom line being a bit of 'not managing to extract a smaller working code sample to play/experiment with. (From your last posted example code, which was kinda big.)

Knock Knock ...

I doubt if that application can be tackled with IAccessible or IUiautomation. Unfortunately QT widgets do not expose all child controls.

I tried with inspect.exe (part of win32 SDK tools) to see how QT stuff is recognized.

An alternative would be to build and integrate some stuff thats here (but that would be a whole project to integrate into AUTOIT librarys): https://github.com/robertknight/Qt-Inspector

Bummer.

Qt-Inspector: even way more over my head.

Thanks anyway.

Knock Knock ...