Autoit executable to uninstall Novell will run in SCCM

kLogan

Hello everyone,

I have an Autoit script compile as a executable. This script does a good job with uninstalling Novell client. If i double click on the executable, it works perfectly. Whenever I use SCCM to deploy it, it just sit in Task manager as if it is running but never does. I try running with Admin rights and without. When manually run, it takes 30 seconds to complete, when done through SCCM it reports that it failed because the time allowed for it to run was exceeded. I have allow up to 3 hours and get the same failure.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening. I would really love to use this script to uninstall Novell.

Regards,

By the way, I meant it will not run in sccm.

Edited by kLogan

• Moderators

Hi, kLogan. Can you post your uninstall script? What version of SCCM are you using? I'm on 2007, and my AutoIT scripts both for uninstalls and installs work just fine.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Sure. Sorry i should have posted it in my first post but i forgot. I am running SCCM 2007 R3

; Run the Novell Client uninstall from commandline

Run("RUNDLL32.EXE NWSETUP.DLL NWUninstallClient")

; Wait for message box to become active

WinWaitActive("Uninstall Novell Client for Windows")

; We are sure we want to uninstall, so we tell AutoIt to press "enter"

Send ("{ENTER}")

; Again, we wait for the reboot prompt here

WinWaitActive("Uninstall Novell Client for Windows")

; We are sure we want to reboot, so we tell AutoIt to press "enter"

Send ("{ENTER}")

; Finished!

Edited by kLogan

• Moderators

I'm going to guess the issue lies with your waiting for windows to appear and then trying to automate mouseclicks. SCCM does not play well with interactive application pushes. Let me do some digging to see if I can duplicate the issue and I'll let you know.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

• Moderators

Just out of curiosity, are you running the UnMas autoit script found on the Novell forum, or one you created yourself?

• Moderators

Did you install the NMAS client, or just the Novell client? That will affect how the script operates.

• Moderators

Ok kLogan, you've reminded me why I hate Novell :) The script below works well for me, when delivered through SCCM and configured to run under the Logged In user's account. There is a momentary blip on the screen, but it goes by so fast I was unable to screw it up even when trying. The Function at the end does some additional cleanup, if you're anal about that kind of thing like I am - if you want to use that piece just uncomment the function call. Let me know if you have any questions.

ProcessClose("nwtray.exe") ; Close the Novell Client Process

$path = @ProgramFilesDir & "\client491\REDIR\SETUPW2k.exe"
;^^--Full path to the SetupW2K.exe file (may be different depending on version)

$arg = 'C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F02DBC5D-33E3-45E9-B0F8-B7745229ED1C}\Setup.exe" -uninst /s /a /s'
;^^--Argument needed to uninstall the NICI piece

ShellExecuteWait($path, "/u ms_nwspx", "", "", @SW_HIDE)
ShellExecuteWait($path, "/u ms_nwnb", "", "", @SW_HIDE)
ShellExecuteWait($path, "/u ms_nwipx", "", "", @SW_HIDE) ;<---Remove the 6 NW Client components.
ShellExecuteWait($path, "/u nw_wm", "", "", @SW_HIDE)
ShellExecuteWait($path, "/u nw_ndps", "", "", @SW_HIDE)
ShellExecuteWait($path, "/u nw_nwfs", "", "", @SW_HIDE)

ShellExecute("RunDll32", $arg, "", "", @SW_HIDE) ;<---Remove the NICI client.

WinWait("NICI", "")
Send("Y")
WinWait("NICI", "")
Send("{ENTER}")

;_cleanup()

Func _cleanup()

FileDelete(@TempDir & "\NWLOCAL.EXE")
DirRemove(@ProgramFilesDir & "\client491", 1)
DirRemove(@ProgramsCommonDir & "\Novell (Common)", 1)
RegDelete("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Novell")

EndFunc

JLogan3013,

Sorry for not getting back to you already. I was out sick after last tuesday. I just got the chance to make the script an exe and created a package and advertised it to test. The client receives the program but does not run it. If I click on Run from the within Run Advertised Programs, it will run successfully. I have tried run as user, run as administrator, uncheck surpress client notification, to no avail.

Any other ideas on how to get this to automate? Please let me know.

Thanks,

• Moderators

Hi, kLogan. Are you assigning the package to the clients when you create your collection? See atched screenshot.

• Moderators

Hi, MPH. That is the exact doc that the OP is working off of. He is using the RUNDLL32.EXE NWSETUP.DLL NWUninstallClient command line, as am I in the script that I provided him. If you notice from the doc however, you cannot silence the final prompt, which is the one I am assisting him with clicking. The script works, the big issue is why it won't work for him through SCCM :)

JLogan3013,

I have not tried assigning it yet. I did with the other script but not this one. I will try assigning and let you know.

MPH,

I will look at your link and tried that as well.

Thanks greatly for the prompt responses.