problems with runas()

Hi everyone,

I have some problems with RunAs.

Global $admin, $domain, $password, $variable
$admin="user"
$domain="teste"
$password="password"
$variable="V:\example1\example2\example3\install_example.bat" 

RunAs($admin, $domain, $password,2,$variable, @SystemDir)
RunWait("V:\example1\example2\example3\install_example.bat")

When i go a head with this, nothing happens.

someone have any idea? what is the problem with this?

in $domain, I need put the ip or the name of machine?

Thanks.

Why are you setting the working directory to @SystemDir if your batch file is on the V: drive? Try removing the working directory, or changing it to the directory where your batch file is and see if that works.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

Hi, igorsfsiqueira. Have you tried altering the logon flag? The below works just fine for me:

Global $admin, $domain, $password, $variable
$admin="MyLogonName"
$domain="MyLogonDomain"
$password="MyPassword"
$variable="C:Install.bat"
RunAs($admin, $domain, $password, 0, $variable, @SystemDir)
Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Why are you setting the working directory to @SystemDir if your batch file is on the V: drive? Try removing the working directory, or changing it to the directory where your batch file is and see if that works.

ok, i was remove @SystemDir for my script, but it doesn't work.

Hi, igorsfsiqueira. Have you tried altering the logon flag? The below works just fine for me:

Global $admin, $domain, $password, $variable $admin="MyLogonName" $domain="MyLogonDomain" $password="MyPassword" $variable="C:Install.bat" RunAs($admin, $domain, $password, 0, $variable, @SystemDir)
I've tried, but no success.

The problem can be the Domain, or not?

When you say it's not doing anything, what is "install_example.bat" supposed to be doing that it's not doing? It might be that what you're trying to do can be done differently other than trying to run a batch file as an administrator. More than likely the batch file can be completely eliminated and you could do the whole operation inside the same script.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator