Quietly Scan Page?

VVDOOM

I can scan a page using:

_IENavigate($oIE, $url)

$sHTML = _IEDocReadHTML($oIE)

My question is: Is there a quiet way to scan a page without using IENavigate? I need to scan like 50 pages or more and drop info from each page to a file. Using the above I can do it, however it takes a lot of time. Is there a way to just scan the page into $sHTML without using the IENavigate?

Also, is there a way to scan a page in Firefox or Chrome? I see AutoIT has IE support, but what about a way to scan a page using the other browsers?

Thanks for any assistance...

I need to log in before I can pull the pages. If I use INetGetSource and configure it to log in for me, then pull the pages will it keep me logged in until the program completes its run? or keep going back to that login page like opening newly for each get?

You can try logging in with an embedded IE and then download using _INetGetSource. I've had that work before.

A better, but more complicated way would be to use the winhttp udf to do the whole thing.

Edit:

Also, is there a way to scan a page in Firefox or Chrome? I see AutoIT has IE support, but what about a way to scan a page using the other browsers?

It's not so much that AutoIt has IE support, as that the IE COM interface allows (scripting)languages to use it.

As far as I know FF and Chrome don't have this option, but there is a plugin for FF that will allow it to be automated. (not sure about Chrome, you'll have to search).

The script will only work on computers that have both FireFox and the plugin installed, which means your script is unlikely to work on any PC but your own.

The main reason why it makes sense to use IE is that every computer that can run AutoIt scripts should have IE installed.

Edited by Tvern

I use that function to get the source code of a particular page that requires me to be logged in. So I logged in manually (with IE), and checked the 'keep me logged in' or 'remember me' box. Then I closed the browser (closed, not minimized). I believe the _INetGetSource function uses the IE engine, or more specifically reads and uses cookies set by the IE browser. I don't know if this is a solution for you, but I hope it helps.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.