autofit label control

rossati

• Moderators

rossati,

Nothing more "compact" I am afraid - that is why I wrote StringSize. ;)

If you post the code you are using we can look to see how we might help you fit StringSize into it. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thanks Melba23

I worked around, because the problem is relatively trivial, having to align the label to a larger.

For this I use ControlGetPos, however, if my text is BOLD, I must correct the length, then the question is: the value of fontweight is proportional to the size of the character?

best regards

John Rossati

• Moderators

rossati,

No, font weight and font size are independent parameters. Font weight is the degree of bolding (400 = normal; 600 = bold) - font size is the size of the characters. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Yes, but I think he is asking if the two are proportional, the answer as you say is that they are independant parameters, but in reality, there is almost always a positive correlation between them.

If you don't need some of the more advanced word wrapping stuff Melba added then perhaps take a look at instead.

• Moderators

Mat,

My UDF now uses trancexx's code (properly credited :)) to get the size - and if you omit the $iWidth and $hWnd parameters should give you the same result (albeit in a slightly different array format). ;)

M23

Spoiler

Mat,

My UDF now uses trancexx's code (properly credited :)) to get the size - and if you omit the $iWidth and $hWnd parameters should give you the same result (albeit in a slightly different array format). ;)

M23

I know, but you also include alot of other code (word wrapping etc.) that the OP has already says he doesn't want for whatever reason. That's why I suggested tranceXX's version, as it is much more basic,

• Moderators

rossati,

larger by 1.5

I think you exaggerating a bit there. I would expect the increase to be nearer 10% - as you can see here: :)

#include <StringSize.au3>

$aRet_400 = _StringSize("FontWeight", 12, 400)

$aRet_600 = _StringSize("FontWeight", 12, 600)

MsgBox(0, "Results",  "Weight = 400:" & @TAB & $aRet_400[2] & " - " & $aRet_400[3] & @CRLF & _
            "WEight = 600:" & @TAB & $aRet_600[2] & " - " & $aRet_600[3] & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
            "Increase in width: " & Int(($aRet_600[2] - $aRet_400[2]) / $aRet_400[2] * 100) & "%" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
            "Increase in Height: " & Int(($aRet_600[3] - $aRet_400[3]) / $aRet_400[3] * 100) & "%")

M23

Spoiler