[SOLVED] Delete files older then x

What path to you pass to the function? Which works and which not?

It is dangerous to address a variable as array if you do not know if the variable really is an array.

Alternative is to check If isArray($...) Then ...

inside this if you can check the first element.

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, i have figured out how to make full path, an error with FileGetTime

So now FileGetSize work. The two problem:

1) How to have the sum of all files, with this function i have single size of single file:

For $i = 1 to $DeleteList[0]
  $size = FileGetSize($DeleteList[$i])
  MsgBox(0, "", "Size(KB):" & Round($size / 1024 ))
  Next

2) With subtotal, make a progress gui bar from to subtotal to 0

Thanks for support :)

Edited by johnmcloud

Simple: add increments within the loop.

Local $iTotalSize = 0
    $iTotalSize += FileGetSize($DeleteList[$i])
Next
MsgBox(0, "", "Total Size(KB): " & Round($iTotalSize / 1024 ))

Try to create a progress bar and post the code if you get stuck.

Edited by czardas

Thanks czardas,

For the progressbar, i know how create it and how to set:

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

$Gui = GuiCreate("Progress Demo", 350, 120)
$ProgressLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Status: Press the button! ;) ", 20, 30, 330)
$Progress = GUICtrlCreateProgress(20, 50, 300, 20)
$StartButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start Simulation Progress", (350/2)-(140/2), 80, 140)

GUISetState()
While 1
    $Msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $Msg
        Case -3
            Exit
        Case $StartButton
            GUICtrlSetData($ProgressLabel, "Status: Please wait...")

Dim $FilesArr[1000]
            For $i = 1 To UBound($FilesArr)-1
                $FilesArr[$i] = _GetRandomName(6) & ".test"
            Next

Local $FilesCount = UBound($FilesArr)-1
            Local $CurrentFName, $ProgressSet = 0

GUICtrlSetData($ProgressLabel, "Status: 0% Done...")
            GUICtrlSetData($StartButton, "Abort Simulation Progress")

For $i = 1 To $FilesCount
                Sleep(40)
                $CurrentFName = $FilesArr[$i]
                $ProgressSet = Round(100 / ($FilesCount / $i))
                GUICtrlSetData($ProgressLabel, "Status: " & $ProgressSet & "% Done, [" & $CurrentFName & "]")
                GUICtrlSetData($Progress, $ProgressSet)
                If GUIGetMsg() = $StartButton Then ExitLoop
            Next

GUICtrlSetData($Progress, 0)
            GUICtrlSetData($ProgressLabel, "Status: Finish!")
            GUICtrlSetData($StartButton, "Start Simulation Progress")
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _GetRandomName($Lenght=3)
    Local $RetName = ''
    For $i = 1 To $Lenght
        $RetName &= Chr(Random(97, 122, 1))
    Next
    Return $RetName
EndFunc

The problem is check the size of the file from X to 0

Thanks to all for support

Edited by johnmcloud

Where is the problem? The helpfile shows a perfect example.

You've got an array holding the pathes of the files you want to delete.

This information is all you need for your progressbar.

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

The problem is:

I have the total size of the file in the array, i don't know how to make the loop for check the decreasing size of the all file. And i have a doubt, is more resource heavy the filegetsize array or is better to check the number of files?

Edited by johnmcloud

I would firstly go for the number. If you got that running, then is shouldn't be a problem to add the lines for the size.

Besides, to get the size, you can create a loop before the delete loop, which checks the size for each file and calculates the sum.

After that, you can go through the delete loop and decrease the size and number of files by the info you already have in the array of the first loop.

For the size i have make this:

Func Get_Size()
Local $iTotalSize = 0
$iTotalSize += FileGetSize($DeleteList[$i])
Next

Const $1GB = 1024 * 1024 * 1024
Const $1MB = 1024 * 1024
Const $1KB = 1024
$CheckSize = $iTotalSize

Select
    Case $CheckSize > $1GB
        $Approximate = $CheckSize / $1GB
        $sComparison = "GB"
    Case $CheckSize > $1MB And $CheckSize < $1GB
        $Approximate = $CheckSize / $1MB
        $sComparison = "MB"
    Case $CheckSize >= "0"  And $CheckSize < $1MB
        $Approximate = $CheckSize / $1KB
        $sComparison = "KB"
    Case Else
EndSelect
$Approximate = StringLeft($Approximate, 4)
ConsoleWrite( "Total: " & $Approximate & " " & $sComparison)
EndFunc

Thanks Xenobiologist for your time, if you can i need an example on the loop/check decreasing number, i need to see something for understand, sorry :)

Edited by johnmcloud

If you're deleting files, you don't want to monitor the SIZE of the file, just the number of files you're deleting. You won't see any size difference as it's deleted, just total folder size AFTER the file(s) have been deleted, not while the file is being deleted.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I have check the filesize only of the file before delete in the editbox, with the list of the file, like this:

File list to delete ( 11 )
Total: 6.07 MB
AutoIt3Au3Check.dat
Au3Check.exe
Au3Info.exe
Au3Info_x64.exe
AutoIt v3 Website.url
AutoIt.chm
AutoIt3.chm
AutoIt3.exe
AutoIt3Help.exe
AutoIt3_x64.exe
UDFs3.chm

For the progess bar i can check the number on file, is not a problem because i have the array, but i don't know how to loop for check the number of the file :)

Edited by johnmcloud

Here is a little example.

Try is as it is, and then replace the copy command by your delete command :-)

#Include <File.au3>
_copyProgress("C:DownloadsFotosFrisur", 'C:DownloadsFotosFrisurTest', '*.jpeg')
Func _copyProgress($From_dir, $Dest_dir, $filter = '*.*')
Local $count = 0, $dir = ""
$FileList = _FileListToArray($From_dir, $filter, 0)
If(Not IsArray($FileList)) And(@error = 1) Then SetError(-1)
ProgressOn("Copy", "Files :", "0 files")
For $i = 1 To UBound($FileList) - 1
  If FileGetAttrib($FileList[$i]) = "D" Then $dir = "*.*"
  If FileCopy($From_dir & "" & $FileList[$i] & $dir, $Dest_dir & "", 9) Then
   $count += 1
   ProgressSet($count * 100 / $FileList[0], _
     "From: " & $From_dir & "" & @LF & "To: " & $Dest_dir & "" & @LF & $FileList[$i], _
     StringFormat('%05.2f', Round(($count * 100 / $FileList[0]), 2)) & " % " & @TAB & $count & "/" & $FileList[0] & " Done")
  EndIf
  Sleep(100) ; to see what happens
Next
ProgressSet(100, "Done", "Complete")
Sleep(500)
ProgressOff()
Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_copyProgress

Seems not work, the progress bar go to 100 but don't delete files, maybe i have do something wrong:

#Include <File.au3>

$From_dir = "C:test"
$filter = "*.*"

DelFile()

Func DelFile()
ProgressOn("Copy", "Files :", "0 files")
For $i = 1 To UBound($FileList) - 1
    If FileDelete($FileList[$i]) Then
   $count += 1
   ProgressSet($count * 100 / $FileList[0], _
;~    "From: " & $From_dir & "" & @LF & "To: " & $Dest_dir & "" & @LF & $FileList[$i], _
     StringFormat('%05.2f', Round(($count * 100 / $FileList[0]), 2)) & " % " & @TAB & $count & "/" & $FileList[0] & " Done")
  EndIf
  Sleep(100) ; to see what happens
Next
ProgressSet(100, "Done", "Complete")
Sleep(500)
ProgressOff()
Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_copyProgress

Here's how I do it with a function I created that gives you control over a Progressbar and a GUI with a label. It's easy to add this function to a script and just call it with the necessary information, then update it with GUICtrlSetData.

Global $FileCount = 11
Global $ProgressArray = _ProgressGUI("Files to delete = " & $FileCount, 1)
GUICtrlSetData($ProgressArray[1], 100) ;Set the progress bar to full
For $I = 1 To $FileCount
    Sleep(500)
    GUICtrlSetData($ProgressArray[1], 100 - Int(($I / $FileCount) * 100)) ; Reset the position of the progress bar as you delete files, using a percentage of files to delete
    GUICtrlSetData($ProgressArray[2], "Files to Delete = " & $FileCount - $I) ; updates the label of the GUI with the number of remaining files to delete
Next
GUIDelete($ProgressArray[0]) ; deletes the ProgressBar GUI
; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _ProgressGui
; Description ...: A small splash screen type GUI with a progress bar and a configurable label
; Syntax.........: _ProgressGUI($s_MsgText = "Text Message", $s_MarqueeType = 0, $i_Fontsize = 14, $s_Font = "Comic Sans MS", $i_XSize = 290, $i_YSize = 100, $b_GUIColor = 0x00080FF, $b_FontColor = 0x0FFFC19)
; Parameters ....: $s_MsgText    - Text to display on the GUI
;                  $s_MarqueeType - [optional] Style of Progress Bar you want to use
;                                  0 = Marquee style [default]
;                                  1 = Normal Progress Bar style
;                  $i_Fontsize   - [optional] The font size that you want to display the $s_MsgText at [default = 14]
;                  $s_Font       - [optional] The font you want the message to use [default = "Arial"]
;                  $i_XSize      - [optional] Width of the GUI [Default = 290] - Minimum size is 80
;                  $i_YSize      - [optional] Height of the GUI [Default = 100]
;                  $b_GUIColor   - [optional] Background color of the GUI [default = 0x00080FF = Blue]
;                  $s_FontColor  - [optional] Color of the text message [default = 0x0FFFC19 = Yellow]
; Return values .: Success - An array containing the ControlID of the GUI created, the control id of the marquee control, and the control ID of the label
;                  Failure - 0 and @error to 1 if the GUI couldn't be created
;
; Author ........: Bob Marotte (BrewManNH)
; Remarks .......: This will create a customizable GUI with a progress bar. The default style of the progress bar
;                  using this function is the Marquee style of progress bar. If you call this function with any
;                  positive, non-zero number it will use the normal progress bar style. All optional parameters
;                  will accept the Default keyword, an empty string "", or -1 if passed to the function, except
;                  the color parameters which will not accept the Default keyword.
;                  Use the return value to delete the GUI when you're done using it (ex. GUIDelete($Returnvalue[0]))
; Related .......: None
; Link ..........:
; Example .......: No
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _ProgressGUI($s_MsgText = "Text Message", $s_MarqueeType = 0, $i_Fontsize = 14, $s_Font = "Arial", $i_XSize = 290, $i_YSize = 100, $b_GUIColor = 0x00080FF, $b_FontColor = 0x0FFFC19)
    Local $PBMarquee[3]
    ; bounds checking/correcting
    If $i_Fontsize = "" Or $i_Fontsize = Default Or $i_Fontsize = "-1" Then $i_Fontsize = 14
    If $i_Fontsize < 1 Then $i_Fontsize = 1
    If $i_XSize = "" Or $i_XSize = "-1" Or $i_XSize = Default Then $i_XSize = 290
    If $i_XSize < 80 Then $i_XSize = 80
    If $i_XSize > @DesktopWidth - 50 Then $i_XSize = @DesktopWidth - 50
    If $i_YSize = "" Or $i_YSize = "-1" Or $i_YSize = Default Then $i_YSize = 100
    If $i_YSize > @DesktopHeight - 50 Then $i_YSize = @DesktopHeight - 50
    If $b_GUIColor = "" Or $b_GUIColor = "-1" Then $b_GUIColor = 0x00080FF
    If $s_Font = "" Or $s_Font = "-1" Or $s_Font = "Default" Then $s_Font = "Arial"
    ;create the GUI
    $PBMarquee[0] = GUICreate("", $i_XSize, $i_YSize, -1, -1, BitOR(0x00400000, 0x80000000))
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, 0, 0) ; if there's any error with creating the GUI, return the error code
    GUISetBkColor($b_GUIColor, $PBMarquee[0])
    ;   Create the progressbar
    If $s_MarqueeType < 1 Then ; if $s_MarqueeType < 1 then use the Marquee style progress bar
        $PBMarquee[1] = GUICtrlCreateProgress(20, $i_YSize - 20, $i_XSize - 40, 15, 9) ; uses the $PBS_SMOOTH and $PBS_MARQUEE style
        GUICtrlSendMsg($PBMarquee[1], 1034, True, 20)
    Else ; If $s_MarqueeType > 0 then use the normal style progress bar
        $PBMarquee[1] = GUICtrlCreateProgress(20, $i_YSize - 20, $i_XSize - 40, 15, 1) ; Use the $PBS_SMOOTH style
    EndIf
    $PBMarquee[2] = GUICtrlCreateLabel($s_MsgText, 20, 20, $i_XSize - 40, $i_YSize - 45) ; create the label for the GUI
    GUICtrlSetFont(-1, $i_Fontsize, 400, Default, $s_Font)
    GUICtrlSetColor(-1, $b_FontColor)
    GUISetState()
    Return SetError(0, 0, $PBMarquee) ;Return the ControlIDs of the GUI, Progress bar, and the Label (in that order)
EndFunc   ;==>_ProgressGUI

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

It's just a demo of how to do the progress bar, I used the function because it's a lot easier to use than trying to write something new. :)

The main part of the script is outside of the function though, the technique you'd use is exactly the same. You get the count of the number of files to delete, update the progress bar information using the GUICtrlSetData with the formula I have in my For...Next loop and you'll get your diminishing ProgressBar as your files are deleted.

Ok, but i need i little explanation:

#Include <File.au3>

$From_dir = "C:Test"
$filter = "*.*"

Global $ProgressArray = _ProgressGUI("Files to delete = " & $FileList, 1)
GUICtrlSetData($ProgressArray[1], 0 ) ;Set the progress bar to zero
For $I = 1 To $FileList[0] ;------------------> i need only this to......
    Sleep(500)
    GUICtrlSetData($ProgressArray[1], 0 + Int(($I / $FileList[0]) * 100)) ; Reset the position of the progress bar as you delete files, using a percentage of files to delete
    GUICtrlSetData($ProgressArray[2], "Files to Delete = " & $FileList[0] - $I) ; updates the label of the GUI with the number of remaining files to delete
Next ;------------------> ....this, right?
GUIDelete($ProgressArray[0]) ; deletes the ProgressBar GUI

1) Where are i need to add the FileDelete?

2) How to set progreess bar check the number of files instead go away :)

Thanks for support, and sorry for noob question

Edited by johnmcloud

You don't add that to this script, you add the information from this script to your script.

The first GUICtrlSetData function changes the progress bar using a percentage of files to delete with how many are left to be deleted, and then subtracting that from 100 (100 percent - Int((FilesLeftToDelete/TotalNumberOfFilesBeingDeleted) * 100))). As you delete your files, you update the progress bar to indicate the percentage of files left to be deleted.