[SOLVED] Software Selection Gui

grtech

#############EDITING COMPLETED AND GUI NOW WORKING##############

-----------------------I have updated attachment with working gui----------------------------

---Extract to C:\ and then goto "C:\AutoInstallPicker\test\NEEDS TO BE DONE.txt"---

##################################################################

Hi Guys been a long time since i last posted but i have stumped myself once again haha

the point i am trying to get to is were i have a multi tabbed gui with checkboxes on which i can randumly check to install software (it would be easy if i wasnt trying to put a twist in and have different installation paths for the same software depending on what office you are in), also if you dont have the office selected it wont run and give you and error(This part i have), the part i am trying to get is a simple way to check to see if there is none of the checked boxes ticked to give an error.

the very basics of it is, if no office selected gives an error even if boxes are ticked or not and when the office is selected and no boxes selected gives another error, also when the boxes are selected it goes to the office location to run the cmd files. (with most of these files been manual installs at the moment it will bring up a msgbox to click once the install is completed for it to continue onto the next selection).

i have attached a zip with the main structure in, at the moment there is only "testing" office that is configured and checkboxes "SAPA" and "Sage Line 50 v 2012".

any help would be appreciated.

AutoInstallPicker.zip

Edited by grtech

Hey guys, after lookin at this with fresh eyes haha, i have noticed the error of my ways.

stupid and easy to do.

now the bit extra i am wondering if possible, just trying to cut amount of code down, say it reads the office then runs the office names software location and the software name like this bit of script that i have, but with this i am going to have to script for every software and every office, example ($office&$software)Office selecting a selection of &testing $sund $leed and the software from a selection of $sapa $line50.

i think i know that i am going to have to create each checkboxstatus to software but the main thing is the office

If GUICtrlRead($Office) = "testing" and $CheckBoxStatus1 = $GUI_CHECKED Then
     run($testsoftware&$SAPAPATH)
     MsgBox(0, "SAPA Installing", "Click OK once SAPA has completed installation")
     WinWaitClose("SAPA Installing","Click OK once SAPA has completed installation")
    ElseIf $CheckBoxStatus1 = $GUI_UncheckeD Then
     ;MsgBox(0, "checkbox 1", "Checkbox 1 is unchecked")
   EndIf ; End If/ElseIf statement for checkbox1

Here is the full script below #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### of the file within the zip in first post.

While 1
    $GuiMsg = GuiGetMsg()
    Select
  Case $GuiMsg = $Gui_Event_Close
   Exit
  Case $GuiMsg = $Button1
;START OF CHECKING THE CHECK BOXES
        $CheckBoxStatus1 = GuiCtrlRead($CheckBox1)
        $CheckBoxStatus2 = GuiCtrlRead($CheckBox2)
  $CheckBoxStatus3 = GuiCtrlRead($CheckBox3)

;OFFICE SELECTION
;NO OFFICE
   If GUICtrlRead($Office) = "Please select your office" Then
    msgbox(16,"Choose Office","You have not selected an Office")
   ElseIf GUICtrlRead($Office) = "Please select your office" Then
   EndIf
;NO SOFTWARE
   If $Checkboxstatus1 = $GUI_UNCHECKED And $Checkboxstatus2 = $GUI_UNCHECKED And $Checkboxstatus3 = $GUI_UNCHECKED And GUICtrlRead ($Office) <> "Please select your office" Then
     MsgBox(16, "No Software", "No Applications installs selected")
    ElseIf $CheckBoxStatus1 = $GUI_CHECKED Then
;TESTING
     run($testsoftware&$SAPAPATH)
    ElseIf $CheckBoxStatus1 = $GUI_UncheckeD Then
;
   If GUICtrlRead($Office) <> "Please select your office" and $CheckBoxStatus2 = $GUI_CHECKED Then
    run($testsoftware&$Line50v2012Path)
                MsgBox(0, "Line50 Installing", "Click OK once Line50 has completed installation")
    WinWaitClose("Line50 Installing","Click OK once Line50 has completed installation")
   ElseIf $CheckBoxStatus2 = $GUI_UncheckeD Then
                ;MsgBox(0, "checkbox 2", "Checkbox 2 is unchecked")
            Else
   EndIf ; End If/ElseIf statement for checkbox2
            If GUICtrlRead($Office) <> "Please select your office" and $CheckBoxStatus3 = $GUI_CHECKED Then
    run($testsoftware&$DigitaAccounts)
                MsgBox(0, "Line50 Installing", "Click OK once Digita Accounts has completed installation")
   ElseIf $CheckBoxStatus2 = $GUI_UncheckeD Then
                ;MsgBox(0, "checkbox 3", "Checkbox 3 is unchecked")
            Else
   EndIf ; End If/ElseIf statement for checkbox2
   ;End of Checkbox Checking
Case $GuiMsg = $Button2
  Exit
    EndSelect
WEnd
Edited by grtech

Ok, here is the script, with cut-downs on the amount of lines, and also with less user input requirements.

Firstly, the msgbox function pauses the script. Therefore, winwaitclose is not required.

Secondly, RunWait will pause the script until the file which has been run, is exited.

Thirdly, I have changed from a switch statement to a select statement. This allows you to test the entire switch statement against a value, rather than using a select value, and testing everything against this value. I have removed the $GuiMsg variable, and also, if you note the 3rd line, it tests the GUIMsg against both $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE and $Button2. If either of these are true then the program will exit.

I have also removed any elseif statements where they contain commented msgbox functions.

While 1
    Switch GuiGetMsg()
        Case $Gui_Event_Close, $Button2
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            ;START OF CHECKING THE CHECK BOXES
            $CheckBoxStatus1 = GuiCtrlRead($CheckBox1)
            $CheckBoxStatus2 = GuiCtrlRead($CheckBox2)
            $CheckBoxStatus3 = GuiCtrlRead($CheckBox3)
            ;NO OFFICE
            If GUICtrlRead($Office) = "Please select your office" Then
                msgbox(16,"Choose Office","You have not selected an Office")
            EndIf
            ;NO SOFTWARE
            If $Checkboxstatus1 = $GUI_UNCHECKED And $Checkboxstatus2 = $GUI_UNCHECKED And $Checkboxstatus3 = $GUI_UNCHECKED And GUICtrlRead ($Office) <> "Please select your office" Then
                MsgBox(16, "No Software", "No Applications installs selected")
            EndIf ; End If statement for checkbox1
            ;TESTING
                RunWait($testsoftware&$SAPAPATH)
            EndIf ; End If statement for checkbox1
            If GUICtrlRead($Office) <> "Please select your office" and $CheckBoxStatus2 = $GUI_CHECKED Then
                RunWait($testsoftware&$Line50v2012Path)
            EndIf ; End If statement for checkbox2
            If GUICtrlRead($Office) <> "Please select your office" and $CheckBoxStatus3 = $GUI_CHECKED Then
                RunWait($testsoftware&$DigitaAccounts)
            EndIf ; End If statement for checkbox3
            ;End of Checkbox Checking
    EndSelect
WEnd

I hope this works well for you.

sorry just testing this and it does not start due to the switch not having an end and the end select not having a start, also this looks like a previous attempt that i tried myself, the reason i put the winwaitcloses in is that this will be running several cmd files due to the type of software it relates to which is always changing, so instead of putting the software in here to be edited only by me, other people can edit the cmd files for the new paths and files.

Also if i put something along the lines of Case $Gui_Event_Close, $Button2 it doesn't run and if i put in my version Case $GuiMSG = $Gui_Event_Close or $guimsg = $Button2 then if it closes if the msgbox for selecting software or office message appears.

but i must thank you for reminding me to remove the else if's, that was a failed attempt on my part and i just commented to remove them without removing them.

the main thing i am now looking for is a way to have me to put 5 lines in for each check box instead of 5 lines for each checkbox and office just to cut the amount of script by 50%, there is possibly around 40+ offices and 40+ software

example -

If GUICtrlRead($Office) = "#####Officename#####" and $CheckBoxStatus1 = $GUI_CHECKED Then
     run(#####officenames software location ##### & $SAPAPATH)
   EndIf

nice one, thanks to Mikeman27294 for reminding me about the select statement.

all i needed was to do with this is really simple hahaha

as soon as i read you had changed it to a select statement in Mikemans post it all fit into place.

all i needed to do was stick the select statements in...........

so code of

Select
   case GUICtrlRead($Office) = "Please select your office"
    msgbox(16,"Choose Office","You have not selected an Office") ; display the value
   case GUICtrlRead($Office) = "Wakefield"
    $OfficeSelect=$WAKE
   case GUICtrlRead($Office) = "Leeds"
     $OfficeSelect=$LEED
   case GUICtrlRead($Office) = "Sunderland"
     $OfficeSelect=$SUND
   case GUICtrlRead($office) = "testing"
    $OfficeSelect=$testing
  EndSelect

and some other amendements and bingo

I have edited for public viewing and uploaded the full version to the main post

Edited by grtech