one-to-many relation input: best strategy ?

Myicq

I have a project to do where the user needs to input data in a one-to-many relation. Specifically: there is a datafile, and this file can have 1 to n groups defined. Each "group" has around 7 different fields, but that's not the issue.

My main obstacle is how best to get around the 1:n input. This is like master/subform in access, but as I understand it, AutoIT does not have such element.

So far, my thoughts have been

• Embedded MS Access (needs customer to buy Access, and is not really pretty. Plus lots of programming)
  • Other way of doing the GUI with f.ex dropdown and SQLite background. Not as convenient but possible
I imagine that 1:n data structures are common. How did you other solve the task ?

Thanks

I am just a hobby programmer, and nothing great to publish right now.

You should use the listview control, which can also let your users edit fields (Items).

Image of the Control and how it will display it:

Posted Image

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the suggestion. Looked a bit around for examples of listview control projects where user can edit - but didn't find any.

On second thought, I think the list view will be too simple, as I need some of the input fields to be drop-downs, and others to be limited in different ways.

So probably my solution will be some kind of sync'd list box interface.

Would anyone by any chance have sample code (not necessarily identical to my project) showing master / slave form or data entry ?

I am just a hobby programmer, and nothing great to publish right now.