Continue running the script in inactive window

kpt

I would also like to know this. I believe that the answer will be something along the lines of : "Only some commands can run on inactive window", I'm not sure though. Either way, I would like to add another question on top of this one: Is it possible to, somehow, use pixelgetcolor() in an inactive window?

TL;DR I'm new to autoit or any programming language whatsoever.

MarioTester, I believe pixelgetcolor() only works if the window is visible since it grabs actual pixels from the screen. Weather its active should not matter, just visible.

Hey mario thanks for the input. I figured it out. Its a simple ControlSend line. you just got to have the proper basic window inputs

Hmm I see! I'm glad you solved your problem, and this ControlSend will definitely be useful in my future scripts :)

MarioTester, I believe pixelgetcolor() only works if the window is visible since it grabs actual pixels from the screen. Weather its active should not matter, just visible.

Oh, I always thought it had to be active, being visible makes more sense. But still, that would mean that it's impossible to get pixels from background windows.
TL;DR I'm new to autoit or any programming language whatsoever.

Hmm I see! I'm glad you solved your problem, and this ControlSend will definitely be useful in my future scripts :)

Oh, I always thought it had to be active, being visible makes more sense. But still, that would mean that it's impossible to get pixels from background windows.

That's not totally true, it's possible to take a screenshot of a minimized window (or in background but I'm not totally sure) and then check the pixel, have a look here: