SysTray_UDF

tuape

Here I've uploaded a new version for both WIN_2000 & WIN_XP (also compatible with AutoIt beta 3.1.1.107).

SysTray_UDF.au3

And I modified tuape's Example #5 so that the unneccessary click will not be performed.

#include "SysTray_UDF.au3"
;......

; -- Example 5 --
; Left-click Outlook's icon on system tray

; Press hide inactive icon's button part is from Valik's refresh system tray script!
$oldMatchMode = Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
$oldChildMode = Opt("WinSearchChildren", 1)

$class = "classname=Shell_TrayWnd"
$hControl = ControlGetHandle($class, "", "Button2")

; get tray position and move there. Helps if Auto Hide tray option is used.
$posTray = WinGetPos(_FindTrayToolbarWindow())
MouseMove($posTray[0], $posTray[1])

$index = _SysTrayIconIndex("Outlook.exe"); Change this to some other application if needed
If $index <> -1 Then
$pos = _SysTrayIconPos($index)

If $pos = -1 Then
   ; ***** Moved by CatchFish *****
   ; If XP and the Hide Inactive Icons mode is active
    If $hControl <> "" And ControlCommand($class, "", $hControl, "IsVisible","") Then
    ControlClick($class, "", $hControl)
    Sleep(250); Small delay to allow the icons to be drawn
    EndIf
   ; ******************************
    $pos = _SysTrayIconPos($index)
    If $pos = -1 Then Exit ; ** A real error this time;)
End If

MouseMove($pos[0], $pos[1])
Sleep(1000)
MouseClick("left")
EndIf
ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF & "Pos[0]: " & $pos[0] & "$pos[1]: " & $pos[1])
; Restore Opt settings
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", $oldMatchMode)
Opt("WinSearchChildren", $oldChildMode)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only change is here (except for DllStructDelete()...):

Func _FindTrayToolbarWindow()

Local $hWnd = DLLCall("user32.dll","hwnd","FindWindow", "str", "Shell_TrayWnd", "int", 0)

if @error Then return -1

$hWnd = DLLCall("user32.dll","hwnd","FindWindowEx", "hwnd", $hWnd[0], "int", 0, "str", "TrayNotifyWnd", "int", 0);FindWindowEx(hWnd,NULL,_T("TrayNotifyWnd"), NULL);

if @error Then return -1

If @OSVersion <> "WIN_2000" Then

$hWnd = DLLCall("user32.dll","hwnd","FindWindowEx", "hwnd", $hWnd[0], "int", 0, "str", "SysPager", "int", 0);FindWindowEx(hWnd,NULL,_T("TrayNotifyWnd"), NULL);

if @error Then return -1

EndIf

$hWnd = DLLCall("user32.dll","hwnd","FindWindowEx", "hwnd", $hWnd[0], "int", 0, "str", "ToolbarWindow32", "int", 0);FindWindowEx(hWnd,NULL,_T("TrayNotifyWnd"), NULL);

if @error Then return -1

Return $hWnd[0]

EndFunc

Edited by CatchFish

• 3 months later...

Hi

This UDF is very use full, thanks.

But is there anyway to add another function that gets the text of a tool tip "SystrayIconGetTip()" ? :)

Or if someone can give me a hint on how to do that, please!

RK

Edited by rbhkamal

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"-Jimi Hendrix

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

After I use _SysTrayIconRemove(_SysTrayIconIndex($st_process)) to hide a icon, there is a empty space in the left of the clock (I think there is place for another icon). But if I start another app that has a tray icon, the systray refreshes and there is no empty space.

Is there a way to remove that empty space?

Here is a pic to be more specific :)

Thank you.

@gafrost / @catchfish: Thanks for the modifications! They should be now added to the latest version.

@rbhkamal and others who need to get tooltip text: See the first post and example. A function to get tooltip text is added.

I get an error when testing the example on page 1:

\Systray_test.au3(66,50) : ERROR: _SysTrayIconTooltip(): undefined function.
      MsgBox(0, "Tooltip", _SysTrayIconTooltip($p)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
oÝ÷ Ù©Ýjëh×6
\Systray_test.au3 (59) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.: 
ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF & "Pos[0]: " & $pos^ ERROR

Also can the first post in this thread contain the most updated version of both the udf and the test program?

Thanks and awesome work ( when I get it to work :D )

Neoborn

Edited by Neoborn

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

• 3 weeks later...

Why I get an error after running this script for long time?

AutoIt Beta: 127

Edit:I just found out that this script destroys the tray icon for my application even that its still running!!!!!

I think that's what made my script fail.

Edit:I removed the attachment to save space

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#NoTrayIcon

Opt( "GUIOnEventMode"  , 1 )
WinSetOnTop( GUICreate( "CertClient Tooltip text" , 200 , 80 , 300 , 300 , BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW) ,$WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW ) , '' , 1 )
GUISetOnEvent( -3 , "Quit" )
$Lable = GUICtrlCreateLabel( '' , 2 , 5 , 190 , 70 )

GUISetState()

While 1
    GUICtrlSetData($Lable ,  _SysTrayIconTooltip(_SysTrayIconIndex("BRNClientTrayApp.exe")))
    Sleep( 400 )
WEnd

Func Quit()
    Exit
EndFunc
Edited by rbhkamal

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"-Jimi Hendrix

Edit:I just found out that this script destroys the tray icon for my application even that it’s still running!!!!!

Can someone please try to run my script for a long time?

just use any application.

thanks

RK

Edit:This is very annoying, I never know when my script is going to crash, it’s not reliable. :D

Edited by rbhkamal

I get an error when testing the example on page 1:

Systray_test.au3(66,50) : ERROR: _SysTrayIconTooltip(): undefined function.
      MsgBox(0, "Tooltip", _SysTrayIconTooltip($p)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
 oÝ÷ Ù©Ýjëh×6
Systray_test.au3 (59) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.: 
ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF & "Pos[0]: " & $pos^ ERROR

Also can the first post in this thread contain the most updated version of both the udf and the test program?

Thanks and awesome work ( when I get it to work :wacko: )

Neoborn

What do you mean? _SysTrayIconTooltip() is included on the udf and AFAIK both udf and test are updated. :D

Edit:I just found out that this script destroys the tray icon for my application even that it's still running!!!!!

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#NoTrayIcon

Opt( "GUIOnEventMode"  , 1 )
WinSetOnTop( GUICreate( "CertClient Tooltip text" , 200 , 80 , 300 , 300 , BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW) ,$WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW ) , '' , 1 )
GUISetOnEvent( -3 , "Quit" )
$Lable = GUICtrlCreateLabel( '' , 2 , 5 , 190 , 70 )

GUISetState()

While 1
    GUICtrlSetData($Lable ,  _SysTrayIconTooltip(_SysTrayIconIndex("BRNClientTrayApp.exe")))
    Sleep( 400 )
WEnd

Func Quit()
    Exit
EndFunc

I would assume your application, BRNClientTrayApp.exe, is closed at some point and _SysTrayIconIndex returns -1. Then you try to read the tooltip text of icon which index is -1.

I would assume your application, BRNClientTrayApp.exe, is closed at some point and _SysTrayIconIndex returns -1. Then you try to read the tooltip text of icon which index is -1.

Maybe :D , but the process is still running for sure in the task manager, only the tray Icon disappears when you run the script for a long time.

I will try this with other applications and see what happens.

RK

Edit: This problem happens on different apps using different PCs

The icon doesn't disappear (I was wrong) but I always get the same error when running the above script for a long time.

The applications never terminate or lose their systray icon when I get that error.

Please try it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by rbhkamal

* bump *

Can someone with Win2000 please try if getting tooltip texts work on that? Thanks.

I tired the same script on windows 2K Server Adv.

I got a defferent error i(check the attachment) and Scite showed the following in the console:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users on the Share\RK\Win2K_Test.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams   
>Running AU3Check   params:  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\au3check\
!>AU3Check ended.rc:128
>Running:(3.1.1.128):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "C:\Users on the Share\RK\Win2K_Test.au3"    
+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
>Exit code: 0   Time: 22.632

Any questions?

Edited by rbhkamal

I could not wait for fixes so I fixed this version for my own use. :D

I had only one Icon on startup that produced errors. The fix looks like:

Local $iMax = _SysTrayIconCount()
    If $iMax < 2 Then $iMax = 2   ; To fix Badly formatted Array Error
    Local $aInfo[$iMax]

I also added OpenDLL stubs and close because I poll the Icons and I need it to be FAST..

;===============================================================================
; As we don't have a #ifndef $hDLL_User32
; Do this step on your AU3 Script load
;===============================================================================
Global $hDLL_User32, $hDLL_Kernel32

Func _SysTrayDLL_Init()
    $hDLL_User32 = DllOpen('user32.dll')
    $hDLL_Kernel32 = DllOpen('kernel32.dll')
EndFunc;==>_SysTrayDLL_Init

; Do this step in your AU3 Script Exit
Func _SysTrayDLL_Close()
    DllClose($hDLL_User32)
    DllClose($hDLL_Kernel32)
EndFunc;==>_SysTrayDLL_Close

The GetIconPids was returning the wrong owners. Simpler code fixed that!

Func _SysTrayIconPids()
    Local $i
    Local $iMax = _SysTrayIconCount()
    If $iMax < 2 Then $iMax = 2   ; To fix Badly formatted Array Error
    Local $aSysTrayIconPids[$iMax]
    Local $aRet
    Local $hWnd

For $i=0 to $iMax-1
        $aSysTrayIconPids[$i] = -1
        $hWnd = _SysTrayIconHandle($i)
        If Not @error And $hWnd <> -1 Then
            $aSysTrayIconPids[$i] = WinGetProcess(HWnd($hWnd))
        EndIf
    Next
    return $aSysTrayIconPids
EndFunc

I changed some of the variable names for readability and set scope of variables so they don't clash when combining multiple function results etc.

I have not tried my mods on Win2K as I only run on XP and Vista.

Edit: After applying follow post fixes, this is my working version. It is Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1) friendly.

I will merge in enhancements from Post #1 then update this again - probably over the weekend.

SysTray_UDF.au3

Edited by Foxnolds

there is a problem when this function fails.

Func _SysTrayIconCount()
    Local $hWnd = _FindTrayToolbarWindow()
    Local $count = 0
    $count = DLLCall($hDLL_User32,"int","SendMessage", "hwnd", $hWnd, "int", $TB_BUTTONCOUNT, "int", 0, "int", 0)
    return $count[0]
EndFuncoÝ÷ Ú+l¥u·¥G­+ºÚ"µÍ[ÈÔÞÕ^RXÛÛÛÝ[

BSØØ[ ÌÍÚÛHÑ[^UÛÛÚ[ÝÊ
BSØØ[ ÌÍØÛÝ[ÌWHHÌBIÌÍØÛÝ[HØ[
    ÌÍÚÕÙÌ    ][ÝÚ[ ][ÝË  ][ÝÔÙ[YÜØYÙI][ÝË    ][ÝÚÛ    ][ÝË  ÌÍÚÛ    ][ÝÚ[ ][ÝË  ÌÍÕÐUÓÓÕS    ][ÝÚ[ ][ÝË  ][ÝÚ[ ][ÝË
BRYÜ[] ÌÍØÛÝ[]    ÌÍØÛÝ[ÌB[[oÝ÷ Ù.(!·§¶Ú-¯+aÆ®¶­sb6æ6ÇVFRgV÷Cµ75G&õTDbæS2gV÷C°¢6æ6ÇVFRfÇC´uT6öç7FçG2æS2fwC°¢4æõG&6öà ¤÷BgV÷C´uTöäWfVçDÖöFRgV÷C²Â¥vå6WDöåF÷uT7&VFRgV÷C´6W'D6ÆVçBFööÇFFWBgV÷C²Â#ÂÂ3Â3Â&Dõ"b33cµu5ôUõDõÔõ5BÂb33cµu5ôõdU$ÄTEtäDõrÂb33cµu5ôUõDôôÅtäDõrÂb33²b33²Â¤uT6WDöäWfVçBÓ2ÂgV÷CµVBgV÷C²¢b33c´Æ&ÆRÒuT7G&Ä7&VFTÆ&VÂb33²b33²Â"ÂRÂÂs ¤uT6WE7FFR ¥vÆR¢uT7G&Å6WDFFb33c´Æ&ÆRÂõ75G&6öåFööÇFõ75G&6öäæFWgV÷C¶vöövÆWFƲæWRgV÷C²¢6ÆVWC¥tVæ@ ¤gVæ2VB¢W@¤VæDgVæ0

Well spotted rbhkamal! :wacko:

there is a problem when this function fails.

it should be like this:

Func _SysTrayIconCount()
    Local $hWnd = _FindTrayToolbarWindow()
    Local $count[1] = [0]
    $count = DLLCall($hDLL_User32,"int","SendMessage", "hwnd", $hWnd, "int", $TB_BUTTONCOUNT, "int", 0, "int", 0)
    If @error Then Return $count
    return $count[0]
EndFunc

I use this Function to scan for open VPN connection status. I have not found any other way to quickly determine connection status other than by examining the SysTray ICON :D . My project I am writing to Learn this tool will be posted soon to this forum for interest sake. I have called it UnAttended.exe that launches from the Startup Folder and handles the MANY dialogs that popup as the PC boots then monitors events as applications crash arround me (mainly Eudora, MS ActiveSync). :D

Any ideas???

\Close Remedy Windows\CloseWindows.au3" 
C:\Documents and Settings\cjeffery\Desktop\AutoITRelated\Projects\Close Remedy Windows\SysTrayClickApp_UDF.au3 (25) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.: 
MouseMove($posTray[0], $posTray[1], 0) 
MouseMove($posTray^ ERROR

This problem occurred after I updated to the latest Scite & Beta 130

Edited by Neoborn

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

• 2 months later...