UAC Pass - bypass UAC prompts only for specific programs

AvvA

Hi all, I signed up to the forums just to say that a link/image from this page that links to AvvA's website was flagged by my Sophos software as being malicious due to some HTML scripting it was using. Could be a false positive but just a heads up!

Just had the same problem with Avast. This was as soon as I opened up this page...
Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, probably because of the main domain I'm using : r00t.la
But, I'm not owning it, just using a subdomain :)
Please, read your warning details in order to know what it is about.

About the forbidden access I'm sorry, it's not under my control.
I'm moving my site, against my will but for the better at the end.
You can already access https://sites.google.com/site/freeavvarea/UACPass-en
It's now on google site, it's on its way back to kind of what it was, as I'm cut from any php now.

Edit: The site is ready, but I wasn't able to make a "true" direct link to the files, so I link the tool page instead and hope it won't get you bored too much to do 2 more clics to get your download.

Edited by AvvA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi I am totaly autoit noob and I am wondering if I can use this with powershell.

I am trying to install software on 5 different servers remotely and I think UAC is in my way of installing. Can I combine this script and powershell?

• 6 months later...

Hello

I hope you found your answers before today... :)

Even if it's far too late, I answer in case someone else comes with the same questions.

@ hiho

You can use it via command line, the arguments are explained on my site (-ondk, -startup, -pin2tb, -pin2sm), the link to my site is in my signature.

@ comc49

I think my program won't help you because of the remote context, I may be wrong because I don't know exactly what you're doing, and because I'm not an expert of remote deployment.

Perhaps you could get something with secpol.msc if looking at UAC's parameters?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi :)

Sorry for the URL, I tried to reach all sites where I talk about UAC Pass to tell them the "new" URL and forget the very source: here!

For the story, I was using a free DNS redirection via freedns.afraid.org*, because I tried a lot of hosts and it was hard to tell everyone, each time I changed, what was the new URL. Only having to change the redirection was a good solution, was I thinking ^^. But...

The domain owner didn't renew the domain name so all links shut down in January 2014. Actually the domain name was re-bought but not re-share.

So, after giving up on free hosting services (no, google site isn't like a classic hosting service ^^, you can't use your own CMS), I'm giving up on free DNS redirection as well.

Anyway, as long I can share, it's not really important!

*Which is a free Domain Name Service where users can share their domain for other users to be free to create subdomains on them.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Looks like I'm late to the party here. However, I just found out about UAC Pass and have managed to get it working to auto-launch a program that Windows always forced me to give permission to launch. Now the program launches and I don't have to click anything. Happy that I got that niggling problem solved.

So thank you very, very much AvvA for UAC Pass. One happy new user here. :)

Operating System: Windows 7 Pro. x64 SP1

• 1 month later...

Hi :)

I've just released an 1.8 version, only to correct 2 annoying bugs, one with the help system since Windows 8 (because of a missing Windows' system file), and another on x64 Windows with some system paths (because of the way UAC Pass was compiled).

I can't test the 32 bits version on a 32 bits system, the problem may still be there with this version, here are the steps to reproduce it:
   - try to make a shortcut on your desktop of an application located in "C:\Program Files\whatever folder\",
   - drop this shortcut on UAC Pass,
   - drop the new free-shortcut on UAC Pass,
   - check the new-new shortcut properties: the path should be "C:\Program Files(x86)" if the bug is still here, or "C:Program Files" if the bug vanished.

If someone can do the test on an x86 OS (with UAC Pass 1.8 - 32 bits), I'd be glad to hear the results (on an x64 one, it bugs), I'll then know that I can remove this version, or not.
If not, no problem, I recommend to DL the 64 bits version anyway ^^.

Nothing fancy in this version, but it's here anyway, feel free to use it!

program : https://sites.google.com/site/freeavvarea/UACPass-en#features-and-download

(Source files are at the bottom, ;) as usual with AutoIt and/or UPX, some AV spot nasty things in the 32 bits version)