Help For Automation a website

Hello

I am pretty new to autoit and programming. I recently got a project which requires me to browse through the webpage and then I end up on a web page which looks like having java code in it. have to select an option and it will expand the table and give me another option to click upon. so like if I select a quaterly state income it expands the table giving me a few more suboption which when cliucked takes me to the next page. I am attaching a screen shot of the web page. If someone could help me get started with what I shpould do would be really appreciated!!

post-69943-0-43689800-1328046079_thumb.j

I was able to quickly found that page on the internet, but it would have been much better if you had volunteered it...

Turns out that the things inside that expanded table are just simple links, so this works:

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IEAttach("Bureau")
_IELinkClickByText($oIE, "Taxes on Production and Imports less Subsidies")

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Hey Dave I got stuck again. i did as you told and I selected "Personal income (SQ1)". But now there comes a form which i am unable to comprehend as to how to click in it. What I thought was doing this

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "Area")

$oSelect = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm , "7026")

_IEFormElementOptionselect($oSelect, "Iowa", 1, "byText")

But I end up getting this thing runtime error

IE.au3 V2.4-0 Warning from function _IEFormGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_NoMatch

--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType

--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEFormElementOptionselect, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType

And by the way the website is http://bea.gov/iTable/index_regional.cfm>select begin using data>Quaterly State Personal Income>Personal Income(SQ1)

And thanks in advance

Again, by looking at the source code for that page, the link is:

<A class=tableLinks onclick="getNextStep(2, 336,1, 0, 70); return false" href="[url="http://bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cfm?ReqID=70&amp;step=1"]http://bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cfm?ReqID=70&amp;step=1[/url]#" target=_blank>Personal income (SQ1)</A>

So use the same technique as above and substitute "Personal income (SQ1)" for "Taxes on Production and Imports less Subsidies"

There are no forms involved (note the console message saying there was no match for your form).

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

hello Dale

I think we are talking about different pages here. The next page after going through personal income is the one in which i need to select various option like the United states ans the year. And then hit next.

I hope to hear and get jhelp from you soon.

And thanks In advance