Can I search/report on Remedy Audit Trail

D4WNO

Good morning all,

I hope you can help as I can't find a solution to this elsewhere on the web. I work for a set of Support teams and I need to see if I can pull a report that shows when certain tickets were passed over to our teams.

The only field that I can see this information within is under The History Info tab, then Audit Trail dropdown. The text I require looks something like this within the trail:

"25/05/2011 16:38:53 iss28126

Assigned to Group [ERP-IT-REQUEST-FINANCE > ERP-SAP-FINANCE]"

I need to somehow report (preferably via an existing report I have within Excel that pulls data from Remedy) on examples like below.

I have a list of ticket IDs and I want to be able to search on

If "Audit Trail2 contains "Assigned to Group [any group] > ERP-SAP-FINANCE then tell me the date (or pull the whole section and I'll just look at the first 10 digits containing date once the data is in my report)

Is there a better way to do this as it's proving really tricky? If this date was held in a field by itself then I could pull the data easily, but I've got to first extract it from a whole audit trail/history.

Would really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas, thanks all.

There is a macro feature in remedy User Client and you can create your own reports.

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

So, you got and output and need to transform it for excel?

I don't really get it. sorry.

Do you need a nice regex pattern to go through your output file a grab the information you need?

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

I have an Excel document already that pulls loads of information from Remedy and displays it in the spreadsheet. I just need a new column that can pull the text from this field but look specifically for that wording only as the audit trail contains a lot of information

If you can show an example I can give it a try with excel or Autoit.

I would be inclined to work with csv format and arrays for something like this. I'm not a big fan of Excel, because I don't understand it. Once the spread sheet is transferred to an array the code to separate the required records would be quite easy to write, either using StringInStr or Regexp. The limitation of this approach is that you can't have more than 16 million fields. I would probably not attempt this with data containing more than about 10 million cells. Perhaps this is also beyond the limits of Excell anyway, dunno!

Let's see what the office application gurus have to say about this first. There may be a very simple solution.

Edit

Perhaps exporting the data to MS Access is the way to go.

I pressume this is the exact text string in one cell of your spread sheet, including double quotes and the line break.

"25/05/2011 16:38:53 iss28126
Assigned to Group [ERP-IT-REQUEST-FINANCE > ERP-SAP-FINANCE]"
Edited by czardas