Various Issues with SciTE4AutoIt3

tinjaw

I am running v 3.3.8.1 on Win 7 64-bit and I am having some problems. Basically, some things just don't work.

Examples:

• F5, F7, Ctrl + F7 works as expected, and I can enter paramaters with Shift + F8, but the parameters don't seem to get used for F5. For example, $CmdLine[0] reports zero.
  • Ctrl+Shift+D doesn't work. Nothing happens when I envoke it.
  • Ctrl+F5 does nothing.
  • Alt+G doesn't work.
I am wondering if maybe the things that aren't working rely on Lua or something and that isn't functioning properly on my system.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot these issues?

They all work for me. Try downloading the full version from the downloads page, and see if this solves the problem for you.

Full version of which? The full version of AutoIt is already installed. Not sure if that is what you meant or something else?

• Moderators

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I would recommend when it asks you if you wish to install for x86 or x64, just use the x86 installation, even though you are on a 64bit os.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

• Developers

I would recommend when it asks you if you wish to install for x86 or x64, just use the x86 installation, even though you are on a 64bit os.

Not really related to the OPs issue.

Just install the separate scite4autoit3 installer and See if all is working then.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I first tried uninstalling and reinstalling AutoIt and chose to use x86 by default.

That didn't change anything.

I then downloaded and installed the full version of SciTE linked to here and things... umm... changed. Some things remain broken, others are fixed, and yet things that were working are now broken.

Examples:

• F5, F7, and Ctrl + F7 don't do anything, but those actions chosen via menu do.
  • Ctrl+Shift+D now works
  • Shift + F8 no longer invokes the parameters dialog, but I can use the menu to open it, and now the parameters are used when I run the script.
  • F5 invokes an Open File dialog.
  • F6 closes the file open in the editor and starts a new blank file.
  • Shift + F5 does not clear the output pane, but menu item works.
I am totally confused by what is going on. I'm not sure what is causing these issues. The common thing seems to be that shortcut keys don't work as they should. But I am not sure that is the only thing wrong.

UPDATE: Installing the full version of SciTE fixed things. All seems to be working now.

For a moment I thought that I had turned off the function keys (I have a Microsoft 4000 keyboard) and that that might have been the origional problem, but it was not. But, in doing so, I had them off as I first tested with the full version of SciTE and then realized my error.

Thanks for all the help.

P.S. As is my custom, I have made a donation (in this case, to AutoIt) because this issue was resolved by the forums/community. I do so when I get help on FOSS from forums, IRC, etc.

Edited by tinjaw