$WS_EX_TOPMOST

Just created a script that would benefit using the $WS_EX_TOPMOST to keep the GUI window on top.

however it still stays on top when a msgbox is used. I would of liked to have the msgbox on top or at lease to be able to tell the msgbox to move co ordinates.

has anyone used this yet and have a solution. I now strictly speaking there isn't a problem but it make the program look like it frozen because you can't see the msgbox

Edited by vickerps

Just created a script that would benefit using the $WS_EX_TOPMOST to keep the GUI window on top.

however it still stays on top when a msgbox is used. I would of liked to have the msgbox on top or at lease to be able to tell the msgbox to move co ordinates.

has anyone used this yet and have a solution. I now strictly speaking there isn't a problem but it make the program look like it frozen because you can't see the msgbox

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I ran into the same problem with a program I wrote. My solution was to either hide or minimize the "main" window right before your message box comes, then restore it afterwards.

I always just made the msgbox topmost as well. Now inputbox, that's a problem. It doesn't get an topmost attribute.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't tried it, but I'm guessing that WinSetOnTop() would work for that?

No.

It doesn't work with MsgBox as the script stops executing as long as a MsgBox

is shown. Doesn't it say anything about this in the docs ? If not, it should be.

At least it doesn't say anything in the online docs..

Anyway, Saunders were refering to the the flag-value 262144.

Try using that.