I made 4 programs that are cool!

chibill

You've got moxy, kid. Keep at it.

You'll be swell! You'll be great!

Gonna have the whole world on the plate!

Starting here, starting now,

honey, everything's coming up roses!

:)

Yep. Everyone starts somewhere, and that is a great way to start. Infact, that's sort of how I started, by making small scripts like that. I ofcourse, am still learning new things every day (as I expect mose people on the forums are) but that's the way to go about it. Keep at it, I can't wait to see what sort of scripts you will be making in a few month's time with the right guidance from the community, you will surely go far!

It's good you're starting small and posting examples for those who might want to learn too, but the following have just been lifted directly from the Help file 'list drives.au3', 'IP get.au3' & 'autoit update.au3'.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I am right now trying to make a script to read ether a web page blog or a textnow site to start a program so when you add something to the blog or text the site it runs a program based on what it recives.

Woah, don't get too far ahead of yourself, that sounds like it might be a little advanced for you. If you want to try, then sure but it may end in frustration. What you would probably want for that is the website API and that might be somewhat hard to get working.

It's good you're starting small and posting examples for those who might want to learn too, but the following have just been lifted directly from the Help file 'list drives.au3', 'IP get.au3' & 'autoit update.au3'.

What guinness pointed out here is true and IMO very bad. I see that as being just the same as copying anybody elses code around here and then trying to pawn it off as if you wrote it. Even if its modified, you should still credit where you got your original code from.

• Moderators

chibill,

It is nice to see that you are learning AutoIt, but please do not post any more scripts taken directly from the Help file. :)

But do post any scripts you have coded yourself in this thread - we encourage members to show off their own work. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

You've got moxy, kid. Keep at it.

You'll be swell! You'll be great!

Gonna have the whole world on the plate!

Starting here, starting now,

honey, everything's coming up roses!

:)

I could hear Ethel in my head as I read your post ;)

(Maybe I should be upset! lol)

Edited by Spiff59

I could hear Ethel in my head as I read your post ;)

(Maybe I should be upset! lol)

I could see her face superimposed on my screen. I am upset. :)

• 3 years later...

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

Do you think it is sensible to post in a thread where the last post is 3 years old and the OP has been offline for nearly 2 years :huh:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

But now that he has brought up this topic, I would like to air my view.

Most of us have indeed crafted pretty much most of the same scripts offered up here.

And I am keen to encourage people with their programming.

I would suggest though, that one needs to look at the sense of cluttering up the forum with simple things that are useful to be sure, and certainly have a place in our toolbox, but perhaps should be left for others to learn from scratch.

If all of us were to upload these type of programs (and many do), we would be using up space here unnecessarily with repetitive stuff (which happens).

If you craft such a thing, but add a handy twist, then that is different and certainly acceptable, and probably even desirable.

Otherwise, I would task people to think logically before uploading their really simple stuff ... perhaps do a search of the forum first, to see if something very much the same is already available. That and the Help file.

I would also suggest, that the forum and AutoIt have been around long enough, for all the simple basic stuff to have already seen the light of day.

I quite realize, that people get very enthusiastic with their programs, especially the first ones, and the urge to show how clever you are, can be strong. I just suggest you temper that urge with sense.

Whatever you do though, don't let my statements here, curb your enthusiasm for programming.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png