Get a string from command prompt

Kyan

Hi everyone :)

I don't know much about programming and this kind of stuff, I really started work with autoit a few days ago, so don't blame me about if it was in FAQ or elsewhere :s

How can I get the progress status from rar.exe?

in variable "$message" I'll have the ouput from rar.exe, the only code I need is xx% from prompt, how can I "convert" this to a variable and refresh every time, to set in a progress bar?

#include <Constants.au3>
$foo = Run(@ProgramFilesDir & 'winrarrar.exe', "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

While 1
    $line = StdoutRead($foo)
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    $message = ""
    $message = $message & $line & @LF
Wend

thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

props from Portugal ;)

Edited by DiOgO

Heroes, there is no such thing

One day I'll discover what IE.au3 has of special for so many users using it.
C'mon there's InetRead and WinHTTP, way better
happy.png

Hi and welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

You have chosen an easy task to start with :)

I haven't tried it myself but maybe this can help you a bit.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

In my experience trying to grab progress output from wget... it's a royal PITA. You've got the basic framework for it. You'll need to parse the output in $line using whatever works (StringInStr or StringRegExp) on each loop, determine what info is useful, or wait to grab more output from the next loop. Once you find useful output, do something with it and clear your output buffer ($line).

Best place to start would be to capture ALL the output from an operation and print it to a file so you know the output content you're working with.

Hi wraithdu,

it wasn't meant the way you understand it. See the smiley? I wanted to say that he has chosen a quite complex task to start with.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

In my experience trying to grab progress output from wget... it's a royal PITA. You've got the basic framework for it. You'll need to parse the output in $line using whatever works (StringInStr or StringRegExp) on each loop, determine what info is useful, or wait to grab more output from the next loop. Once you find useful output, do something with it and clear your output buffer ($line).

Best place to start would be to capture ALL the output from an operation and print it to a file so you know the output content you're working with.

could you give a example? (if I don't are asking to much :))

Hate to say I disagree. Parsing real-time progress output from command line applications, especially ones that use fancy progress output (ie wget), is NOT easy.

I think he's being sarcastic ;)

happy.png

Hi wraithdu,

it wasn't meant the way you understand it. See the smiley? I wanted to say that he has chosen a quite complex task to start with.

Apparently my internet sarcasm meter is broken today.

@DiOgO

Post some sample output that you capture from a full rar.exe run, and someone might be able to give you a pointer. It would be even more useful if you can mark in the output where each capture loop begins and ends.

For example:

#include <Constants.au3>
$foo = Run(@ProgramFilesDir & 'winrarrar.exe', "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

Global $err1 = 0, $err2 = 0

While 1
    $line = StdoutRead($foo)
    If @error Then $err1 = 1
    If $line Then ConsoleWrite("|stdout|" & $line & "||" & @CRLF)
    $line = StderrRead($foo)
    If @error Then $err2 = 1
    If $line Then ConsoleWrite("|stderr|" & $line & "||" & @CRLF)
    If $err1 And $err2 Then ExitLoop
Wend

Apparently my internet sarcasm meter is broken today.

@DiOgO

Post some sample output that you capture from a full rar.exe run, and someone might be able to give you a pointer. It would be even more useful if you can mark in the output where each capture loop begins and ends.

For example:

#include <Constants.au3>

Global $err1 = 0, $err2 = 0

While 1
    $line = StdoutRead($foo)
    If @error Then $err1 = 1
    $line = StderrRead($foo)
    If @error Then $err2 = 1
    If $line Then ConsoleWrite("|stderr|" & $line & "||" & @CRLF)
    If $err1 And $err2 Then ExitLoop
Wend

output from autoit with writefile...: http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/35557891/file.html

could you explain what is |stdout|? and what it does:

$line = StderrRead($foo)

thanks

happy.png

Umm, it's just a string, nothing more. I was using it to mark where each line of output starts/ends. I don't see those markers in your output file. Either way, the output is pretty simple. Just use a regular expression to grab the percentages.

Edited by wraithdu

Hi and welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

You have chosen an easy task to start with :)

I haven't tried it myself but maybe this can help you a bit.

thanks

could you explain this part: _StringStripNotNumber($ReadRarLine) ??

in this part RunRarButton displays abort, right? thats why it close rar process?

If $Msg = $RunRarButton Then
        ProcessClose($ReadRar)
        GUICtrlSetData($Progress, 0)
    EndIf

and I don't understand nothing of this line: ^ *([0-9]+.{0,1}[0-9]*|0x[0-9]+) *$ ;)

happy.png

Umm, it's just a string, nothing more. I was using it to mark where each line of output starts/ends. I don't see those markers in your output file. Either way, the output is pretty simple. Just use a regular expression to grab the percentages.

regular expression? :)

in the output appears some strange characters, I think is from rar.exe upgrading the percentage value withou creating a new line...

happy.png