Window shows up in the Spy, but Autoit cannot detect it

BigDino

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but I have used autoit for some time now.

I have a strange situation. I try to put in the PIN into a HBCI Dialog of a Windows Programm (To schedule receivements of Account Statements).

The Autoit Spy detects the Window Title, but the function WinWait or WinWaitActive, does not "see" the window.

If the windows is active i can send keys through Send, but not with ControlCommand.

Now i use sleep to wait some time for the windows, but i don't like that way.

Any ideas are apreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

-- BigDino

I would be very worried about any HBCI application that allowed any fields to be entered by automation software.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

It would be very hard to help you without knowing what program you are referring to. I googled HBCI and that seems to be a generic term for home banking software. Hard to troubleshoot without something to work with.

The application in question is "Lexware Hausverwalter" a german application for managing flats. I want to automate the retreiving of account statements.

Regards

--BigDino

Edited by BigDino

I would be very worried about any HBCI application that allowed any fields to be entered by automation software.

As I Wrote - no problem sending keys with SEND. I see no problem with it. The PIN number should be safe. But as I wrote it is not about making account transfers, just retrieving account statements.

Regards

-- BigDino

Can't find something that's listed at the top of every forum the user can see... /facepalm.

Anyway. Yet another case of a user who can't see past their own use to realize anything posted can be trivially adapted to do other less desirable things. Thread locked. Do not PM me. Figure out your problem yourself. Et cetera.