[Closed] Send Commands to Monitor

This might be one of my more off-topic questions but if anyone has any idea of how this could be done i would welcome all answers :)

I have 3 LG E2281 monitors, i found a setting called "Super + Resolution". Which has Off, Low, standard and high. Now considering before this day i had never had a HD monitor, i really do like it but i found if i turn the monitor off or reboot the computer "which turns the screen off" it switches back normal "dispute still selecting the High". For me to bring it back i would need click the monitor buttons, switch it from high to off "which has no effect on the screen" and then switch back onto high.

I was wondering if there is any way to make autoit do this (or any coding language if autoit is not able to do it as i understand its a very windows based programing language and i donno if this falls into its relm).

The only idea i can thing of is using sendmessage "as i looking from the helpfile sendmessage can be used to turn the monitors off" but i would have no idea how to go about using it to change to super high res

I Welcome everyones thoughts ;)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-E2281VR-BN-AE...r1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328807862

Edited by IanN1990

Unless the manufacturer has given a programmatic way to interact with the OSD or settings, then much much more then likely no. Although I do hope someone thinks otherwise I don't think you can use any programming language to effect the monitor itself.

That doesn't mean there is no answer to your problem. Have tried upgrading the firmware, or maybe even sending a note to LG tech support?

http://www.lg.com/uk/support/product/support-product-profile.jsp?customerModelCode=E2281VR-BN&initialTab=warranty&targetPage=support-product-profile#

While ProcessExists('Andrews bad day.exe')
	BlockInput(1)
	SoundPlay('Music.wav')
	SoundSetWaveVolume('Louder')
WEnd

Already spoken with IG, though very ploite he couldn't offer any advice or help

To my knowledge there isn't any software for this screens and the firmware is installed/updated

Though it can be done manually, it takes 15 clicks every reboot "which isn't something to look forward and takes some of the alore away from owning a screen ego why i am looking into a automated way of doing it but i suspected the chances to be low quite out of the ball park :)"

Edited by IanN1990

Probably not much help, but if you haven't tried switching from HDMI to DVI or vice versa, you might want to. The HDMI handshake can do a lot of annoying things, possible the monitor is switching back from that.... long shot but maybe worth it.

Other then that the only thing I can suggest is you let me take those 3 monitors off your hands and I'll give you 3 crappy dell 19" monitors in their place :)

While ProcessExists('Andrews bad day.exe')
	BlockInput(1)
	SoundPlay('Music.wav')
	SoundSetWaveVolume('Louder')
WEnd

hmmm well i do have a spare HDMI cable, but that would bring in another problem

My GPU has 2 DVI, 1 HDM, 2 Mini-display. It cant support 3 screens without a active adapter.

I dont know any mini-display > hdmi active adapters or hdmi > hdmi active

but when i can i will raid my bed and pull out the 10 cm long hdmi cable, then start moving my desktop 10 cm from the screen so they can connect and still what happens ^^ (seriously who would make a 10cm cable >< and why would i buy a 10cm cable!! :)"