Getting an uninstall program written in Java to run.

First off I am trying to run this from SMS, and as the system account, both of these could be the issue. Here is what I am seeing:

If I am logged in as admin, and run this command line the application does what it is supposed to do , and allows me to do the uninstall.

java -cp .\sas.tools.suw.jar;.\sas.tools.deploymntreg.jar;.\sas.tools.deployjni.jar;.\sas.tools.viewregistry.jar;.\log4j.jar com.sas.tools.suw.SUW -v

I tried plugging this command line in as is in a run wait command, and found I was not getting anything to happen, so I added the full path for everything, so in AutoIt the command line looks like this:

RunWait("java -cp" & "c:\program files\sasuninstallwizard\uninstallwizard\sas.tools.suw.jar;c:\program files\sasuninstallwizard\uninstallwizard\sas.tools.deploymntreg.jar;c:\program files\sasuninstallwizard\uninstallwizard\sas.tools.deployjni.jar;c:\program files\sasuninstallwizard\uninstallwizard\sas.tools.viewregistry.jar;c:\program files\sasuninstallwizard\uninstallwizard\log4j.jar com.sas.tools.suw.SUW -v", "c:\program files\sasuninstallwizard\uninstallwizard\")

When I run it this way, I get a command prompt that runs for a split second, not long enough to read what it is reporting or any errors, and then it just goes away. I have been trying several different ways to get this to work, but with pretty much the same result, command prompt on screen for a split second, then nothing. Any help on how to get a Java applet to run would be greatly appreciated.

• Developers

try using ShellExecuteWait() or RunWait(@comspec & " /c java ...........") to ensure the Path settings are used to find java.exe.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Same result.

ShellExecuteWait("java.exe", "-cp c:\program files\sasuninstallwizard\uninstallwizard\sas.tools.suw.jar;c:\program files\sasuninstallwizard\uninstallwizard\sas.tools.deploymntreg.jar;c:\program files\sasuninstallwizard\uninstallwizard\sas.tools.deployjni.jar;c:\program files\sasuninstallwizard\uninstallwizard\sas.tools.viewregistry.jar;c:\program files\sasuninstallwizard\uninstallwizard\log4j.jar com.sas.tools.suw.SUW -v", "c:\program files\sasuninstallwizard\uninstallwizard\")

command prompt quick flash, then nothing.

• Developers

try it with the original command line and use this format so the CMD window stays open and you can see the error.

RunWait(@comspec & " /k java -cp .sas.tools.suw.jar;.sas.tools.deploymntreg.jar;.sas.tools.deployjni.jar;.sas.tools.viewregistry.jar;.log4j.jar com.sas.tools.suw.SUW -v")T

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

That did it, I was getting an error about it trying to run the cmd.exe with a UNC path, but then I added the wroking dir, and it kicked off.

I knew about the /c for @comspec, but I was looking all over the help file for anything that would allow me to keep the command line open. /k worked like a charm.

Thank you very much for your help.