Possible to code in linux?

Dgameman1

Yes, but did you even look at my script? It allows commands to pass into bash from WB_RUN() and WB_RUNWAIT().

"Feasible" wasn't the right word... as the idea can be done (obviously cause you and I'm sure others have done so)... iono what word I'm looking for as to "It's probably not worth the time to put into such a project" because of yada yada yada.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

Practical is the word you're looking for.

Yep. Currently there's no reason to have WINE controlling Linux other than a stop-gap until the user learns C, gambas, etc. The general usage for the WineBridge UDF/daemon is to add functionality that users might want into WINE until WINE gets those features. I am planning on redesigning the WineBridge to be usable with other programming/scripting languages (Batch for example) and to actually have the daemon "interpret" events instead of just making an output file executable and running that file.

EDIT: Redesign tests show much faster speeds directly redirecting WINE stdout/stderr to Bash instead of a file. o/ Now to ducktape the rest of those process pipes...

Changing Lead into Gold is hard, even if you're just making the Lead seem like Gold. <- Metaphor for what I'm doing, I think.

Edited by rcmaehl

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF

Not really a good metaphor. There are good reasons for doing alchemy. There aren't really any good reasons for doing what you are doing. Thus the metaphor breaks down.

Damn it Jim. I'm a Programmer, not an English Professor.

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11

Damn it Jim. I'm a Programmer, not an English Professor.

LOL! Hey maybe you can build it on wine and call it "Cheese" :) .

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

LOL! Hey maybe you can build it on wine and call it "Cheese" Posted Image .

Genius!

Also some statistics with the new version of "Cheese" I'm coding are available here

My Projects

WhyNotWin11

• 1 month later...

Have a look at Selenium it is a good open source web automation solution that works well under linux (but not OS specific) and you can script in pretty much ANY language you fancy (C#,perl,Ruby,Java,etc).

Hope that helps a bit,

-Eckky.

Edited by Valik
Link removed.

Nope, it is not. Web automation does not yet have the usability of local software.

Edited by rcmaehl

My Projects

WhyNotWin11